Author Topic: "Dukes of Hazzard" Custom Pinball  (Read 51360 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: "Dukes of Hazzard" Custom Pinball
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2016, 02:19:20 PM »
Star_Gazer the dutch guy that did some concept art has reached out and offered to do some concepts and art for my project which I was wrapped with - here is his first concept 1hr after saying cool, happy for ideas.

A cool idea and probably will use it in some form, stoked for his input as well as open to other peoples ideas.

https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2016, 11:33:32 PM »
All good mate, but shouldn't it be Yeehaa not Heeyaa?

These are the good ole boys after all, not the Ninja Turtles.

()

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2016, 11:36:15 PM »
yeah maybe that's the dutch translation when they watched it. This is Star_gazers ideas which is awesome for him just to take time out to share a idea.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2016, 08:34:59 AM »
Here is a slightly dated top view layout sketch as a few were curious. The outlanes will now be flipper feeds so reverse as want fast feed ramps to the playfield that hit the playfield before the inlanes and won't drop but will be fast feed - I hope.

The mid ramp might curl around to the back of cooters now possibly using Star Gazers jump ramp idea and a third ramp might be designed in from a shot between Star Gazers police car / jump ramp. This extra ramp might be a straight jump ramp for people to have a power shot to jump but it might lead to the courthouse in the corner and have a almost slight vertical up and then drop down to issue a speed shot to the right flipper. The rhs ramp will be just a sweeping drive through the country side to the lhs flipper - no jumps. Both ramps will be flipper feed shots blending to the playfield not dropping down, then feed behind the Cooters Garage and the Barn and hug the outer rails to feed the reverse feed inlanes.

On lonesome pop at the end of Cooters garage like the bell on entry to the garage, Will have a petrol bowser to fill up petrol with all the driving your fuel will time out unless you get long range tanks from cooters through award upgrades.

Spell Barn via the 4 inserts to the flippers and drain to spell barn or door to activate the 3rd flipper so not a given and must be earnt at each ball.

I want a drop target built into the ramp to be knocked down and then take the shot again to make the jump.

Boss Hoggs office will have a safe to crack.

Boards Nest on the upper right will have 2 pops and a 3 post rubbered spinner to randomise the ball to return back down, send the ball left or right into the pops.

Spell Drive to activate one of the 3 lhs mission inserts
Spell Law to activate one of the 3 centre mission inserts
Shoot the barn or spell LEE in the top lanes? to activate one of the 3 rhs mission inserts

Spell

in and outlanes to be swapped around - currently doing CAD for this

That's the theory and with Star Gazers recent sketch the mid ramp might change and allow for the 3rd ramp to be added.

Also the reason I wanted a 3rd flipper is to get a shot through there for moonshine pickups and escapes as well design a couple of shots that can only be hit with that flipper so players can't advance everything without the 3rd flipper which must be earnt.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2016, 02:05:40 PM »
my dutch pin mate sent me another concept - which is cool

for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2016, 02:18:54 PM »
That's vey creative using an old favourite device
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline coon82

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2016, 05:06:50 PM »
That's vey creative using an old favourite device

+1

Really liking your ideas Jady. Keep up the good work mate.
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)

Offline flippnaussie

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2016, 05:55:43 PM »
love the jump and barn spinner idea.
Could yo get some feathers to pop out of the barn at the same time, that could be cool.

Simon.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2016, 07:32:29 PM »
love the jump and barn spinner idea.
Could yo get some feathers to pop out of the barn at the same time, that could be cool.

Simon.

These are just ideas to stimulate people and me done by a clever dutch guy, I want to include the jump but doubt the physical car in between and it just have a one way entry I think

I really had my mind set on 3 flippers but with features like this changes the direction alot as much as I like it I am still not won by it as there is so much to jam into the playfield - cooters garage, Dukes farm, boars nest, boss hoggs office, jail break, country drive orbits, 1-2 jump ramps and a power slide sweeping ramp.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2016, 08:33:38 AM »
my dutch pin mate sent me another sketch for the translite

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2016, 08:36:00 AM »
Nice work Star Gazer, you have a great talent, and hopefully sketches like these for my game but especially those you did for Ghostbusters gets you recognised by a real pinball company.

As for updates, 1 step back but is the direction I wanted to go for a few reasons (see my cad drawings - sorry crap at sketches):
- cross over return lanes to the flippers, but these are a little different to regular ones as they are equal on both sides of the gap and the outer side not raised. My intention is there will be a mechanical flip gate that bridges the gap.
- see image with the name tags - cooters garage and petrol pump because all the driving you need fuel unless you go to cooters a few times (and ring the bell / pop bumper) and hassle him for long range tanks and other car upgrades
- spell Barn or door to activate the 3rd flipper - not operational straight away
- 8 missions per "Film" season
- sheriff badge and blue and red car topper lights flash for a chase
- 9th mission is bust out of jail, but if you can avoid jail for the season (successful getaways from chases you get a large bonus that multiples over seasons).
- Dukes of Hazzard went for 7 seasons so thinking of working in 7 stars to the apron to show season progress. Each season gets harder so 1st season is hit each mission once and it increase by 1 hit with each season ??????
- since no shooter lane with the goal for between the flipper launch if not balls (think I have a solution for a 3 ball gravity fed system) otherwise will eject out of the circle / hole in the barn
- did lose some inserts in the screen shot - to go back in.
- daisy distraction - will be to call daisy to help distract boss hogg or enos to bust out of jail or crack the safe but don't do it too much as you might be rated as a prankster and she will ignore you???

Back to the cross over return lanes as a few reasons for these with mechanical gates:
- something different and never done before I think ?? (Dungeons and Dragons and BMX had close off lanes but not cross over lanes
- wanted to introduce a new game play feature for kids so when a kid plays they can chose for skill level and the gates close permanently for kid mode for all balls so the ball can only drain down the centre - like ten pin bowling for kids - bumper bowling here in Aus.
- ramps feed and drain to the playfield with a flowing curve behind cooters and the barn to hit the playfield fast - like the Dukes driving fast but the barn will have a pop up post to turn on and off if desired to slow it down
- there will be a proxy (my goal) sensor at the top of the drain lane to trigger the gate to open for a possible drain
- but if you have completed all three missions on one side the arrow will light creating a permanently close gap on that side for the rest of the ball. ??????
- also like the feature when a ball goes up the lane like a regular layout so this design allows this
- also if there is a police chase and you are caught the gate can open for a fast drain

Goals for the next week:
- start filling the middle section with parts
- work on layout for the top 1/3
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 08:49:12 AM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2016, 09:04:32 AM »
- wanted to introduce a new game play feature for kids so when a kid plays they can chose for skill level and the gates close permanently for kid mode for all balls so the ball can only drain down the centre - like ten pin bowling for kids - bumper bowling here in Aus.

That's a brilliant idea!

Great way to encourage the next generation to the machine whilst keeping it challenging for adults.

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2016, 10:57:17 AM »
All I can say is WOW Jady, you have been busy, Enormous effort and great to see you doing something that your passionaate about. ^^^
I'm not cranky, I just want MORE pins!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2016, 01:31:31 PM »
Amazing concept and playfield ideas. I hope this dream becomes a reality  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2016, 09:10:59 AM »
the playfield has been updated now with fast feed cross over ramp feeds. The difference is this game will have ramps feed the ball to behind the mid section buildings and speed feed the flippers. LHS mid section will be Cooters Garage with a petrol pump target and RHS mid section will be the Dukes Farm / Barn.

was re-thinking the arrow inserts to be in the gap of the drain lane to be triangle - yellow road closed signs so players know that the gate won't drop down - thoughts?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 09:14:23 AM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts