Author Topic: "Dukes of Hazzard" Custom Pinball  (Read 51062 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: "Dukes of Hazzard" Custom Pinball
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2016, 08:33:04 AM »
checked out all the episodes and compared with features that are important in the game and roughed out 9 modes that are suggestive enough but named loose enough to mix it up through the game for variety as their could be a number of different races that can be specifically names on the dmd, same as the moonshine run can be a day run or a night run with most lights out so the police lights flashing will really stand out.

also went for the Dukes of Hazzard style font - Hobo and think it fits in nicely and captures that classic look. In time this will be made to look fancier but this is more for the mode names to zero in on the game features.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2016, 05:51:09 PM »
Been a little while and finishing up a lot of little projects so I can concentrate on this game design. I went to the Gosford Classic Car Museum today and saw the Aussie version Valiant Charger which is a little different in some ways but a great motivator.

https://www.facebook.com/gosfordclassiccarmuseum/

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2016, 10:14:34 PM »
I like your ideas so far Jady, should be pretty sweet when it all comes together  ^^^ ^^^

I dont know if it has been suggested yet but i reckon it'd be cool if you could find a model replica of General Lee ('69 Dodge Charger) and put it into your design somehow  *%*

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2016, 10:37:21 PM »
I like your ideas so far Jady, should be pretty sweet when it all comes together  ^^^ ^^^

I dont know if it has been suggested yet but i reckon it'd be cool if you could find a model replica of General Lee ('69 Dodge Charger) and put it into your design somehow  *%*

I got a few models but not sure if I want a car in there as messes with the scale of the offer items planned ????? will see

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2016, 04:00:36 PM »
Working on a concept idea to have some mail boxes on the lhs linked to a spinner off the triangle lane divider. Lighting up each mail box as the "Mail Box Mow" feature awards improved driving skills as you get better at power sliding around the country side clipping mail boxes. 1st box needs 25 spins, 2nd box needs 75 spins and 3rd box needs 150 spins (totals to be determined later). Improving your driving skills extends the countdown before police start chasing (multi ball) on a getaway or moonshine run.

Also a fun award for the most destructive driver as one of the records to beat.

When the ball goes down the out lane you might only get one spin but a high speed ramp feed could give you 5 or more spins.

just a concept to place a spinner in a different location.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 04:14:28 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2016, 12:41:55 PM »
Was thinking about this the other day. Instead of having standard inserts throughout the game, what about mini lcd's or something in place of that change for different modes etc?
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2016, 06:24:18 PM »
Was thinking about this the other day. Instead of having standard inserts throughout the game, what about mini lcd's or something in place of that change for different modes etc?

I have thought about having a small lcd front and centre just above the slings under a custom clear insert panel but programming is my concern...

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2016, 03:48:35 PM »
WOW was shocked to see how much this thread has been visited so felt it deserved an update. (Time Stamp - 4-9-16 with 5190 visits).

A little while ago I decided to park this project (sorry  !@)) even though as cool as it is and could be, I am a little way over my head for my first attempt as it demands skills in programming and that has been my massive hesitation all along. So if anyone wants to become a team member in the future then let me know. I still have a real strong desire to do a custom pin but not have to worry about the programming side of things so I am creating a game using the harness, displays, board set and rules of a 80's Bally game in a 90's cabinet to add a ramp and use some more modern mechs etc. This allows me to concentrate on playfield design and art which is a massive relief, though still a challenge but more realistic for the first attempt.

So if anyone is actually interested just let me know and I can start a separate thread dedicated to the game - LaB (acronym of the new game). I was going to keep this quiet but since this thread has had a ton of views I owe it a update of why not much has happened.

thanks for reading and DoH will still happen but I need to step side ways for the moment sadly but it is screaming to be finished but a few delays are needed to gain more experience.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline coon82

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2016, 07:39:41 PM »
It takes as long as it takes Jady. After all it is your project so you can take your foot off the pedal as often as you want/need to. It's  a cool theme so guessing that's why there's a lot of interest.

Keep at it mate  ^^^
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)

Offline OziMoose

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast/Sydney
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2017, 10:45:14 AM »

I got a few models but not sure if I want a car in there as messes with the scale of the offer items planned ????? will see
All cars from DoH are available in 1/64 scale. Rossco, General Lee, Daisy, Boss Hogg etc. I got them all. Some are made by Hotwheels and others by Jada, Jonny Lighning. Im thinking 1/46 & 1/18 would be to big. Caution the General Lee Hotwheels car is a treasure hunt = big $. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 11:18:21 AM by OziMoose »
The Addams Family hates me!

Offline OziMoose

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast/Sydney
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2017, 11:03:17 AM »

I have thought about having a small lcd front and centre just above the slings under a custom clear insert panel but programming is my concern...
No need to program it. I would use a stripped down mobile phone. Delete everything possible on the phone except the video player. Remove the battery and power it up externally. Preferably use a phone with buttons not a touch screen. You could create a gif on loop or even real video in mp4 including audio. Put that in memory on the phone or a micro SD card. Consider the phone power as always on. Then its a matter of triggering it from the playfield with a switch to the play (designated) button on the phone. Then mount the phone into the playfield with only the screen exposed or hide the whole unit in some plastic building like the bank etc.     
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 11:16:19 AM by OziMoose »

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2017, 02:32:15 PM »
nice idea and have considered and experimented with a similar thing for the CFTBL movie poster mod.

I checked out those cars but super expensive and instead of the flag they have some other flag with Treasure Hunt instead of the General Lee plus 06 on the door - seems odd to be worth that much ...

for pinball t-shirts

Offline OziMoose

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast/Sydney
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2017, 05:01:02 PM »
A non treasure hunt version of the general lee is available. It does not have a O6 on the side, nor the roof tampo. But the roof tampo is easy to obtain from custom sellers on eBay for less than a $1.
If your really keen. I can check my collection and send you a spare car. Generally I have multiples of everything in the original blister pack.  ^^^

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2017, 05:06:04 PM »
A non treasure hunt version of the general lee is available. It does not have a O6 on the side, nor the roof tampo. But the roof tampo is easy to obtain from custom sellers on eBay for less than a $1.
If your really keen. I can check my collection and send you a spare car. Generally I have multiples of everything in the original blister pack.  ^^^

I like collecting hotwheels but haven't been lucky with a General Lee. If you have spares and the price is fair I would be stoked to get one off you.

cheers Jady

for pinball t-shirts

Offline OziMoose

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast/Sydney
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2017, 05:14:48 PM »
My collection of Hotwheels is a illness. Been collecting for over 30 years. Will have a look tonight for you. Oh and here is a really simple and cheap way to do a LCD screen. Just use a trigger switch on play field then rig it to the play button on the device.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 05:21:51 PM by OziMoose »