Author Topic: "Ghostbusters" mods  (Read 32018 times)

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Re: "Ghostbusters" mods
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2017, 02:22:46 PM »
placing a order today with Shapeways, $8.50 for a set of target wedges including postage from me to you and no cost from US to me on this order - send me a PM in the next few hours (21-4-17)

@pinball god
@Ryza

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2017, 03:46:36 PM »
closing my order 5pm today, let me know how many sets and colour, cheers
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2017, 07:02:27 AM »
all the target wedge sets purchased were sent out yesterday to those that ordered / bought them and have 2 sets spare if anyone wants a set.

some people in the US said they got by with the existing bolts and others said they needed the next size up from a 5/8" long (in which I did) - so you will need 1 off 6/32 x 3/4 bolt for each target.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2017, 07:07:34 PM »
I edited a picture that hopefully helps those that need it. I do admit that during the time waiting for refined wedges I installed 1/16" thick white double sided tape (near my thumb) behind the target to firm up the target and reduce the bend back and possible launch of the ball. Then when the wedges came I installed and didn't think to share that minor detail - sorry.

basically 2 install locations

Location 1 - brings the backing plate closer to the switch making it a little more sensitive. Adding the small piece of double sided tape will firm the switch up and reduce the effect of the ball getting airborne. I am playing with this set up and still get the odd minor air ball but not shooting over plastics and lanes etc and the switch is not as sensitive as original so not a given shot.

Location 2 - keeps the switch standard sensitivity but will still allow the target to tilt forward and when hit to bend back to a 90 degree position and possibly allow the ball to get airborne. Adding the tape will firm up and keep the ball / target at less than 90 degrees when hit and should be a improvement on airborne balls.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Hooked

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • USA
  • God-Family- Pins.
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2017, 09:27:38 AM »
Hello there my good fellas. Wanted to clear up the ecto goggle lens mod questions.  The stern metal plate just protectes the screen from side air balls and in no way protects the actual glass on the ecto goggle assembly. My mod wraps around the front fully protecting the glass without interfering with the hologram.  If you guys want to go in on a group purchase and save on shipping let me know.
Www.hookedonpinball.com
We also.have green and pink slime rivers back in stock and ecto goggle headset mod will be completed in June.
Custom mods made from top quality materals.
http://Http://Hookedonpinball.com

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2017, 01:44:27 PM »
than
Hello there my good fellas. Wanted to clear up the ecto goggle lens mod questions.  The stern metal plate just protectes the screen from side air balls and in no way protects the actual glass on the ecto goggle assembly. My mod wraps around the front fully protecting the glass without interfering with the hologram.  If you guys want to go in on a group purchase and save on shipping let me know.
Www.hookedonpinball.com
We also.have green and pink slime rivers back in stock and ecto goggle headset mod will be completed in June.
thanks for the post. Can you please advise as I have a small issue with the hood. Because it is only attached in 2 places I am finding the hood is slowly raising like a visor on a helmet. Each time it is hit I suppose it is being pushed upwards. Is there a fix or have you addressed this by having it fixed in more places
Still loving my Metallica Premium