Author Topic: The "Customers are always right" vent thread...  (Read 11122 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Can see right through your impersonation of a moron 

And all this time I just assumed Rob was a moron  @@*.  Sorry rob couldn't resist  &&

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Can see right through your impersonation of a moron 

And all this time I just assumed Rob was a moron  @@*.  Sorry rob couldn't resist  &&
I represent that remark.....I mean resent that remark or something like that  ^^^
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Sorry to hear mate, all I can say is I'm glad I don't work in customer service.  I used to do a bit of work on the side and used to get caught up with potential customers just after info on how to do the work themselves.  I even supplied engineering drawings I spent a great deal of time on to a bloke on a forum and did not even get a thankyou.  ^.^

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
You can see how good businesses start out positive and cheery toward their customers and eventually turn full circle. Grinds you down after a while.
 Keep up the outstanding work mate - some customers can't be helped and nowadays know they have an instant online outlet to vent. Almost legal defamation in a way!

Offline RatBag

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
Re: The "Customers are always right" vent thread...
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2016, 12:02:34 PM »
One of the biggest issues I find doing this type of work
is dealing with Humans

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2016, 04:33:41 PM »
Gotta love 'em Strangeways, remember, the customer is not an interruption to our work, he/she is the reason for our work. We are privileged to have them!   I have a plaque here somewhere that says so.

^&^

You can see how good businesses start out positive and cheery toward their customers and eventually turn full circle. Grinds you down after a while.
 Keep up the outstanding work mate - some customers can't be helped and nowadays know they have an instant online outlet to vent. Almost legal defamation in a way!

"Grinds you down after a while" - gosh reading someone else write that, wow, it reminds me just how much they do grind you down!!

is dealing with Humans

Humans = sometime a generous de******ion.

Sorry to hear mate, all I can say is I'm glad I don't work in customer service.  I used to do a bit of work on the side and used to get caught up with potential customers just after info on how to do the work themselves.  I even supplied engineering drawings I spent a great deal of time on to a bloke on a forum and did not even get a thankyou.  ^.^

Just other day a client wanted a clear, blow by blow explanation of the work I was going to carry out for a subdivision of land, copies of the proposed documents I was going to prepare etc, so that he could assess the work compared to the quote I was providing to see if it was worthwhile. It was pretty obvious he figured with a little guidance and some documents he could do it himself. So I added 20% to the quote I was going to give and told him that he was free to get some others.

Still got the work!!

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2016, 06:16:49 PM »
Don't forget that some customers may be hard to deal with as they have been screwed over before. There are some unscrupulous service providers out there.
But most hard people are just tossers  !!@   *%*
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2016, 06:40:41 PM »

Just other day a client wanted a clear, blow by blow explanation of the work I was going to carry out for a subdivision of land, copies of the proposed documents I was going to prepare etc, so that he could assess the work compared to the quote I was providing to see if it was worthwhile. It was pretty obvious he figured with a little guidance and some documents he could do it himself. So I added 20% to the quote I was going to give and told him that he was free to get some others.

Still got the work!!

People try this with me, and try to get mt to give them my recipes
unfortunately for them, some of my ingredients can only be bought from specialty bakery outlets, and are sold in 10KG boxes
you, the cook at home, only need 10g

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2016, 07:57:28 PM »

Still got the work!!

People try this with me, and try to get mt to give them my recipes
unfortunately for them, some of my ingredients can only be bought from specialty bakery outlets, and are sold in 10KG boxes
you, the cook at home, only need 10g

So much information is out there for free that some people seem to see no value in professional knowledge. Maybe overuse of Dr Google might Darwin Award them ......
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2016, 01:48:12 PM »

Absolutely, but the funny thing is that you treat each caller equally, give them your time and attention. It is part of the job. On the occasion, an idiot (as described on the OP) will assume that you have to drop everything, or they will go to social media to vent and carry on with deliberate intent to cause trouble.

is dealing with Humans

*%* *%* *%*

Don't forget that some customers may be hard to deal with as they have been screwed over before. There are some unscrupulous service providers out there.
But most hard people are just tossers  !!@   *%*

At least 2 calls per day. Newbies burnt by overpriced and poorly "shopped" machines. Parts which are advertised as new, which are shop soiled old parts. Poorly made ramps, protectors even fake side art. Each day brings something new, which nowadays, never surprises me. My favorite is a "fully done up" machine that "hummed" when it was switched on. The "professional" dealer had configured the game with a Japanese power configuration (218 VAC). Also, had a NEW 10 AMP SloBlo "mains" fuse. The poorly "shopped" Addams with the original pop bumper skirts and bodies for $9,000 was atrocious. That's NINE THOUSAND - complete with the front door being painted while still in the machine !

I hear some stories, and I'm not at all surprised that customers that call have been angry for quite some time..

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2016, 04:36:55 PM »

Still got the work!!

Love it, at least it you can have a laugh about it  <.>
Must be still too cheap mate  %$%