Author Topic: JJP's 3rd machine is "Dialed In"  (Read 35625 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: JJP's 3rd machine is "Dialed In"
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2016, 09:10:37 PM »
Wow, I see the Australian distributor is putting on a show to display this game
only $25 per person

You show the game to drum up sales; however you also charge people to view the game.

Bet Mike wishes he had thought of that..LOL

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2016, 09:16:43 PM »
Wow, I see the Australian distributor is putting on a show to display this game
only $25 per person

Good luck to him. If pinheads continue to buy NIB games at the current prices, I'd have a cover charge to come and view it too. Milk buyers for everything while it's hot.

Seriously the dumbest theme for a very long time. So many opportunities for a great unlicensed theme and this is what they come up with.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 09:18:18 PM by RottyGuy »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2016, 09:52:07 PM »
$14,000 for a Standard and $18,000 for an LE. $25 to view the game. Only in Amer...  @@^

I tip my hat off to the Pinheads that can afford these games. Especially having to pay to even look at the machine before buying. I look forward to a review  (((

NEW Pinball is ALIVE AND WELL (if you have deep pockets).  !^!
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2016, 09:56:50 PM »
Mmmm.. a pinball based around a mobile phone. I can see why JJP did this.. mobile phones are by far the most popular gadget there is.
But in typical " not in touch with the population" style, they call it "Dialed in".

Only an old fart would call it this.. we haven't had dial phones for about 30 years. LOL - im surprised there isn't a coiled wire in there somewhere   %.% %.% %.% %.%

Offline DSB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2016, 09:44:38 PM »
I cant even get my phone to download to my computer..

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2016, 09:50:58 PM »
$25 also includes a signed flyer by Jack - also he will personally be there at the Sandbelt venue. Day includes pinball seminars and some light food and drink. Not too bad then 

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2016, 05:23:32 AM »
Odd title that's for sure but the game plays real nice and being a standard cabinet it's fast.  I probably put 20 or more games on it at expo and really liked it but man it's expensive. At the seminar Jack and Pat where super excited and where confident of big sales but I think price point might hurt them. But there's plenty of people with a lot of money so if they can build them fast who knows.

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2016, 08:12:13 AM »
I was able to get to the JJP3 launch party as i was down in Melbourne for work.  The day was fantastic and a credit to the organisers.  There were around 17 machines to play, including 2 x Hobbit and Dialed In.  Jersey Jack had a few presentations and it was great to meet a bunch of other pinheads.  Special mention to member here Cursed who helped out by picking me up a couple of times to help get around Melbourne.  There were also some other info sessions such as Tim from Hot Rodded Pins, some of the local Melbourne pinball clubs for competitions and a trivia session which was fun.

The Dialed In is certainly a very nice package, and gameplay is fun and quite flowing. Many people who played commented that it plays like a Bally/Williams WPC but with more flashy things.  The code is still only at 20%, so you could start modes and play them, as well as lock balls and get multiball (quite challenging).  The magnet on the lower right really seemed to work really well.  Most interestingly for me, was that a lot of people on pinside who have commented about the game without playing it, seem to get carried away about the fact of the phone being the central point of the game - the theme of the game is NOT based around a phone (depsite the name, i still think it should be called Quantum City), it is based around a series of disaster in the city that you need to sort out - the phone is simply the communication device - the screen of the phone is great for a quick look at what you need to do.  Upper flipper shots were quite hard, which I like. 

Jack also mentioned, the ability to link with a mobile device to flip the flippers, was really just to show what technology was available, as well as lure in some young kids. Again, this is not the central point of the game, but something that could be used for those who wish to.  He did also mention that use could (ie: not would, but it COULD be possible) to use a phone to play if you were playing with a teammate (or young kid) to help them, or conversely, if you were playing in a home environment, the opponent might be able to try and hinder the player.  Certainly this is not for everyone, however for me in a home environment, i reckon it would be great fun.  For example, maybe if you get the super jackpot (these are my thoughts, not hat Jack said), you get a 'credit' on your phone app, which means you can control the flippers of your opponent for 2 seconds or something like that. I don't think this would be any good for competitions, or random people on site, but would mix things up a bit in a home environment!  Also, i like the idea of being able to help out young kids to play while teaching them some of the rules, or what to shoot for.  Often they hate it when you press the flipper buttons, but if this can be done remotely, they will get a thrill out of playing a bit more of the game while learning.

The cabinet, playfield and screen were all top quality.  I would have like to have a look under the cab and in the head, but people were playing the machine all day.  As an added bonus, a mate of mine who was also down from Townsville won a Judge Dredd pinball on the day (after we entered a local comp on Friday night) - sorry to the Melbourne regulars!

Also, an added bonus for me was being able to catch up with Nino and have a look at Australian Pinball Restorations.  Thank you VERY much Nino for your hospitality, great to finally talk in person and see your top quality work, and amazing workshop.  Was cool having a couple of games on the EMs with you as well.

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2016, 09:55:44 AM »
 @@*
thanks for the write up. I would like this machine as it is right up my alley. Original theme, quirky and designed by Pat.
Hopefully pics will follow from someone?
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2016, 10:04:43 AM »
Glad to read a positive review of the game - I agree - the name of the game is just stupid - "Quantum City" soiunds a lot better, and the theme sounds a lot like Roadshow - which is a CRACKER of a game and theme.

Also, it was a pleasure to finally meet Rob. I met him walking from the Train Station to my factory. You could not miss him, as he had a ramp sticking out of his backpack. I'm still laughing  %.%

You are welcome any time mate  *%*
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2016, 12:27:11 PM »
I'm finding it hard to get past the phone thing but my kids ( 9 and 12) saw video of this game and went NUTS!
This game could be a big hit with the next generation of pinball players.
 !@#
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2016, 07:06:32 PM »
It was great to catch up Rob! Happy to help where I can.

Was a great day, I can't comment on Dialed In though as each time I played it I drained almost instantly! All me though.

Tim Reid seminar was the highlight for me, was a great insight to what he does and how he does it. Both of his machines on display looked absolutely incredible.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2016, 07:18:33 PM »
Thanks for the great write up and its good to hear that its not all about mobile phones and dependant upon an app or the like. I'm not keen on the intervention of a player's game but do liken it to my t-box on my downstairs tv where I have an app on the ipad. I can drive my wife crazy changing channels on her and stuffing with the volume from upstairs and she doesn't put two and two togethers that its me and not the box going stupid.

It gives me pleasure  && and a little smile when she talks to her friends about how we males can be stupid at times.   $.$
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2016, 07:47:53 PM »
Great write up game sounds fascinating!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”