Author Topic: Why do sellers not use Paypal ?  (Read 2788 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Why do sellers not use Paypal ?
« on: December 08, 2016, 02:00:05 PM »
One of the major deterrents of pinheads using PBR is that they don't use Paypal. I've finally had enough of Paypal, and I completely understand why business' are moving away.

In September this year, Paypal sent out a request to all members to update their accounts and provide security verification. This appeared to be just another level of security to protect users, but it is not. It is a way Paypal move the risk of fraud from them, to you - the user.

Since the security "upgrade", I have not been able to transfer money from my bank account to my paypal balance without calling Paypal. This has happened on five occasions. The first two occasions, the friendly but stupid "agent" finds the problem, and then within 10 minutes, it works. Until I need to do it again. Then I have to call "customer don't care" and start all over again.

Yesterday, was the last straw.

For the fifth time, I had to call paypal. The first "agent" simply did not understand English. I asked to be escalated. The second told me the problem is with the Bank. Which it is not. I asked to be escalated again, as I'm dealing with morons. After waiting 20 minutes on the phone, the third and final "agent", who told me that "I'm the highest level of support" is next in line. It took her 10 minutes to work out that her headphones were not plugged in, as I could not hear her at all. You would think with the massive profits Paypal makes - they could afford working headphones !

So this absolute IDIOT told me to clear cache etc etc - Which I told her I had done. Then she stumbled across a second bank account I added, (as Paypal blame the bank) and STRAIGHT AWAY, she told me that "this is definitely an issue with your bank". But I was using the other account with the same results. Having an IT background, I asked to talk to an IT person, instead of a robot. But she is the highest support I can have access to. After going backwards and forwards, she FINALLY has an epiphany, and proclaims that Paypal had placed a "security risk" on my account. When I asked what that was, she told me "someone is trying to hack into your account". According to this luminary IT guru, the IP Address I'm using has been flagged as being "hacked" by THEIR system.  I told her I use Win 10 with Firewall enabled, and when doing ANYTHING involved with money, I fire up the VPN software on my work PC. I use this technology to protect myself, and it works with every single E-Commerce, Banking and financial system 100%. Except Paypal.

Her answer was unbelievable - "You need to turn off your Firewall, Anti Virus, and VPN"  @@^

To prove this woman is a complete idiot, I made her wait 15 minutes while I disabled all security and then rebooted my machine. While she waited on the line, I followed her instructions to use another method to transfer the money, and again, it failed, with EXACTLY the same error at my end "Internal Server Error" and "You cannot transfer funds at this time".

She then makes the claim that I must be using another PC - Which is total crap. Then she accused me of residing in "Hungary" and then "Sunbury". The IP addresses I'm using are flagged by Paypal as being "hacked". So I'm blocked from transferring money from the bank account to paypal. Yet previous to their "security update", none of this was an issue. I'm in Hungary, with an Optus land line that I'm calling from, with a "hacked IP Address".

She then moves back to the "security update" where I had to "agree" to the terms.. She told me that the IP Address "security restriction" will be lifted in 24 hours. I asked her why I can do all my banking, E-Commerce etc etc with my AV, VPN and Firewall all running. How can the IP Address be the problem when I receive emails from paypal every time I transfer funds - but she could not offer an explanation other than "Paypal is working hard for you to identify potential risks". Hogwash. I told her that no business will do business with Paypal if their mandatory requirement will be to disable personal security on their devices to move the risk from Paypal to the consumer.

I created a support request on the paypal forums, with exactly what the "agent" had told me, and it was swiftly removed by their admins. I complained and they re instated it, editing my comments.

24 hours later, still the same errors at their end.

So what are the benefits of using Paypal, now that the risks of fraud have been moved to the consumers, AND they want to introduce a fee when you pay for items that you don't have the funds in your paypal account ?

There is also no "customer feedback" survey that all legitimate and respected institutions use to gain customer experiences.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: Why do sellers not use Paypal ?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 02:48:11 PM »
Hey Nino, Homepin has hacked your account

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 03:58:18 PM »
Who is this HOMEPIN you speak of?  &&
Bank transfers are the only way to go me thinks, no drama for all then.
Unless you want the points for using CC or hide $  in PayPal
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 06:00:41 PM »
Wow! That sounds horrific Nino, thankfully I have only used them as a buyer at this point and have had no issues.

In saying that I only use them when I have to, they are handy for international payments I will admit.

Would not mind if they fell off the planet though.

Now I await Homepin's response......... *)*

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 07:50:43 PM »
When you dispute a transaction that came out of your c/card via paypal, its resolved but I can't use my card anymore. This is the case now for 4 years. Reason given, my bank has blocked paypal, call bank and they say what the.....

Total waste of space this org.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 10:04:27 PM »
To add to Paypal's "Senior Agent's" deception ;

I can easily SEND money from the Paypal account and it automatically deducts it from my nominated bank account. So this proves they are full of crap. If it does fail, they are going to have a hard time accessing my linked Credit Account as it expired 2 years ago (in the Paypal Wallet). I'll bet they will "fix" this issue when they find out that they can't deduct from the Credit Card.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 07:59:51 AM »

I can easily SEND money from the Paypal account and it automatically deducts it from my nominated bank account. So this proves they are full of crap. If it does fail, they are going to have a hard time accessing my linked Credit Account as it expired 2 years ago (in the Paypal Wallet). I'll bet they will "fix" this issue when they find out that they can't deduct from the Credit Card.
I may have misunderstood you. Can you transfer money in or out of paypal. If you can't transfer out, then I may have problems as I have cash in there too. been sitting there for years.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 09:06:17 AM »

I may have misunderstood you. Can you transfer money in or out of paypal. If you can't transfer out, then I may have problems as I have cash in there too. been sitting there for years.

Zero balance in Paypal

When I "add funds from bank account", their system fails to add the funds as the IP Address I use at work is "hacked", or in either "Sunbury" or "Hungary". They banned that IP Address for 24 hours (which is BS - It's 48 hours and it still does not work).

Log out. Log in. Same PC (this test has the VPN = ON) ;

When I "Send money to friends or family", their system immediately processes the request. I receive emails informing it worked (as per normal). I'm magically not in either "Sunbury" or "Hungary". My IP Address is in the good books. What this process does is EXACTLY the same as "add funds from Bank Account" as above - Paypal's system is completely screwed, and their non English speaking "agents" are liars.

Have you logged into Paypal recently ? If I were you, I'd remove the $ and have a zero dollar balance and DON'T update your Credit Card details.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 09:26:36 AM by Strangeways »