Author Topic: Spooky's 4th Production Pin - "The Jetsons"  (Read 10998 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Spooky's 4th Production Pin - "The Jetsons"
« on: January 30, 2017, 07:18:32 AM »
This is another contract pinball for "The Pinball Company"

http://www.thepinballcompany.com/new-releases.aspx

and apparently meant to be a more of a basic pin.

Also when Spooky do a tally up of games made, Domino's and The Jetsons do not count as their pins.

released 30th Jan 2017
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 07:24:30 AM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Spooky's 4th Production Pin - "The Jetsons"
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 07:19:42 AM »
more

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 07:20:36 AM »
last ones

and a comment by spooky

"You will be able to purchase the game via The Pinball Company, OR Spooky Pinball... it's a simpler game designed to be easy to understand, and as mentioned... it's a product of The Pinball Company, mfg. by Spooky.

We're thrilled to be working with Nic and his family. Life is pretty great! We'll talk about this more on the Feb. 1st podcast. "
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 07:24:06 AM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 07:44:29 AM »
It looks great, but the playfield is a bit empty

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 08:06:29 AM »
Will be very reliable on site. Not much there that can fail
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 08:44:13 AM »
It looks great, but the playfield is a bit empty

Quite empty - but if the rules are good, it may still be very good to play.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 09:43:07 AM »
Not alot happening lol not cheap either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 10:49:10 AM »
I like it very much. Beautiful artwork and nice open play field and hopefully a nice simple rule set. Looking forward to hearing the call out. Simpler pins are the best fun.  ^^^
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 06:47:14 PM »
here is the price, hold your breath

for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 07:52:30 PM »
 @.@ I'll have to sell tz and fh to buy this  %.%
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 08:51:58 PM »
AFM has an open and arguably a "sparse" playfield (yet boasts 3 ramps !).

I like the art package as it reflects the cartoon theme well. The playfield sits too deep into the cabinet - needs to be elevated.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 06:31:44 AM »
Copy and paste of The Pinball Company's response to someone else's cost estimate as people questioning the high price.

"Here is my guesstimate on Pinball Companies new contract build investment...
    Cost to build and develop 300 units from Spooky=$1,000,000 or $ 3333.00 per unit
    Licensing fee for Jetsons (thirty year old franchise with little relevance in today's society) $50,000-$70,000K-Mabye "

"You are not far off. Let me help you...

Cost to build is actually going to be close to $3800 per machine after adding toys and finishing touches. The license cost for 300 machines is in your range (good guess). Assuming an average selling price (1/2 at wholesale and 1/2 at retail) of $5875 and that 1/2 of the customers will pay by credit card, that takes another $27,000 in credit card fees. We also have advertising costs and warranty costs. The total return of the project is a roughly $400,000 over 4 years if it is successful. Keep in mind, we have been paying out money for R&D and license fees for 2 years already.

If you want to put up $500,000 of your money to build a pinball machine and sell it with no profit, that's your choice.
If you want to buy the machine but think the price is too high, call us to work out a trade or cash price like many other Pinsiders do.

As for why 300 machines? It is all that we can reasonably get built before the license expires. By then, they will all be sold to happy buyers.

Calling someone greedy suggests they are being selfish with their choices and that's just rude. I have a tough skin and like who I am as a person, so it really doesn't bother me that you think I'm greedy. I did this project for all the families that call me wanting something for the kids to play and their feedback means the most to me. I would love to sell the machine for much less, but it wasn't in the cards.

NIC"
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 06:41:25 AM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2017, 06:33:54 AM »
programmer chimed in

"Rules work for what the lay out is. BUT, if people truly hate them, I have no problem rewriting the rules.

Rules are as follows

You have to collect all the characters. Outer orbit (orbitty), targets(george), pops(rosi), loop back(elroy), spinner (left astro), ramp(judy), Jane(lower lanes)

Collecting all characters starts orbit city MB. Rinse repeat by collecting the characters while in multiball, using the newton ball to collect jackpots.

Lanes above pops grant a mystery award, and multiply end of ball bonus.

Left scoop 3 times to "lock" balls, then shoot spacely captive to start cogs vs spacely. Shoot left scoop a couple time to release the captive ball. shoot captive to activate jackpots, collected from newton ball.

Right spinner will be a super spinner type scoring .. spinning it up to advance the points. Score may be related to how many characters are collected.

eep opp ork activates when you beat cogs and orbit city. This will be a take on collecting XX about of switch hits.

Then there's Jet Screamer.. Activates, when eep op ork, orbit city and cogs have all been beaten. Rules not fleshed out yet, but you may be force to collect X amount of random characters, locking them in the captive, then releasing with jackpots shots.

Another take on jet screamer would be to collect 2 or more characters again.. using left scoop or right captive(most likely) to start mode. Depending on how many characters you collected before starting, determines your jackpot amounts. "
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 06:40:54 AM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2017, 06:40:18 AM »
Charlie from Spooky just made a comment which is good as looks like they are trying to make the product more viable for sales.

"I have been going back and forth with Nic from The Pinball Company the last few days on feelings we all have on The Jetsons... and how to make this a better product. Trust me, Nic is a stand up guy... he has heard your voices, and we ALL want this to be right.

Bottom line is making any game in limited numbers like this is expensive. When you add the natural "less is more" costs of parts, metal, employees, licensing, etc etc... this game is NOT where it should be in price. Please understand THIS IS MY OPINION... doesn't mean I speak for anyone else.

Jetsons from day 1 was designed by The Pinball Company as a simple fun game that is easy to understand... Jon Chad did a FANTASTIC job on the art package! Not every game needs to be LOTR deep in rules. New players and kids are going to LOVE the game Dan & Nathan Goett came up with.

Having said all this... after talking to Nic, he has agreed to let Spooky make some changes on this. The Pinball Company is allowing us some extra room in the build costs, and we're going to make the MOST OF IT! While it's not "our" game, it's still made here, and both Nic and I want to see this be as GOOD as it can be for The Pinball Company, Spooky Pinball LLC, and everyone who would like to own this game.

So what does this mean? It means that the first 250 Jetsons games will be a flat $5,999... no price increases. It means that when we show up with this game at the Texas Pinball Festival and it sits PROUDLY in the Spooky Pinball booth, it will be what The Pinball Company intended their first game to be, but also more than you've seen to date... so stay tuned.

The fact that Nic and The Pinball Company let me come on here, make this statement, and agreed to let us help make their game BETTER than what you've seen at THEIR expense... tells you all you should need to know about their business and the type of people they are. We're very proud to have this association with everyone at The Pinball Company. We're helping them take steps to grow their business, and the work they've provided has certainly helped grow ours... again, all the risk is on us, not the consumer, and we're proud of that.

We'll see you in Texas and MGC with the results. You like what you see, call Nic and Brooke at The Pinball Company and get a game... or KT will be in the booth and can take your order as well.

Thanks for reading.
Charlie"

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2017, 09:12:14 PM »
I like a simple game.. TBH, I have no friggin idea what is going on with all modern machines