Author Topic: 1980 Black Knight Back Glass help  (Read 1306 times)

Offline PinPal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
1980 Black Knight Back Glass help
« on: August 03, 2017, 06:15:03 PM »
My Black Knight back glass has sum sort of mold spots over most of the glass.  !@#
This has gotten worse over the last couple of years to the point you can see it through the BG when its lite.
Try to keep the game ventilated and switch it on for a while to try and disburse moisture.
I would like to get a replacement BG but new is expensive and finding a good replacement  used is like trying to find a needle in a haystack ^&^
Is there any way of cleaning it without harming the screen print ?
This back glass has sum scratches and lifting in the blue, and cracks in the yellow.
If anyone has a better Black Knight Back glass for sale I would be interested.

Attached sum picks.

Pinpal........

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 06:20:11 PM by PinPal »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: 1980 Black Knight Back Glass help
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 08:10:40 PM »
Interesting issue. Never seen it, and clearly heat from the lamps doesn't interfere with whatever it is. Clover oil works on mould but I have no idea if it will hurt the ink.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline PinPal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
Re: 1980 Black Knight Back Glass help
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 08:44:32 PM »
The displays came up very clear in the pick, I have Pinscore lcd displays installed. Still have the original plasma displays for this but the master display board had stoped working and I can't find a replacement.

Pinpal....