Author Topic: Sunday Pinball Questionaire - 35 - caveoftreasures  (Read 7433 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Sunday Pinball Questionaire - 35 - caveoftreasures
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2009, 10:30:23 PM »
Mark, i will see u well before xmas when i come and spend a dollar or two with ya.....still a few pins i want....(gulp)...there goes my retirement package !!......and for the record, i am sure you can probably show a few pinball techs a thing or two....otherwise, your in the shit if ya techs ever decide to retire !!!....sssshhh, dont let em know, they might ask for more money..... ^&^

.........and for pistolpete from brisneyland (excellent name for the best part of australia)......... i have invited v8racefan over and he will be here monday night to take some photos (hopefully he wont forget the camera) ....he only lives 10 mins down the road.....so i can share a few photos with everyone...
...I have 3 pins in transit (spacejam from my good mate tony turner and independance day from mark c....and twilight from kenny at underwood) but the other 18 plus pins will be here for photos....then we can organise a night and play a few, with liquid refreshments ofcourse..... $#$
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2009, 10:59:41 PM »
Thanks for another good read. You really got bitten by the pinball bug! Can't wait to see some photos.
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline markc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2009, 11:21:34 PM »

no worries mate

I have 100 odd pins due in next  6-8 weeks a and should have another container or 2 more by christmas
plus a few parts ones  too ....

still I have to be honest , i can only do the basic repairs  and thats it , never had time to really watch and learn
wish i did 10 years ago when we  brought Child Amusements

still I do try and help  but I just get yelled at  !@#

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2009, 11:37:50 PM »

no worries mate

I have 100 odd pins due in next  6-8 weeks a and should have another container or 2 more by christmas

still I have to be honest , i can only do the basic repairs  and thats it , never had time to really watch and learn

Frankly, we don't care if you can fix them or not, as long as parts and pinballs keep coming in to the country!

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2009, 11:42:39 PM »

no worries mate

Frankly, we don't care if you can fix them or not, as long as parts and pinballs keep coming in to the country!

thanks mate

well if I have anything to do about it   that will happen while I am still in the business

how about 3 inch black rubbers for  30 cents each

mark

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2009, 11:05:04 AM »

Great read - and a diverse collection is always a cool thing to have as you change your "favorite pin" quite often.

Pinball Techs - Yes, they are hard to find, and there are many reasons why there are not "full time" techs. So many problems these days are "5 minute fixes", and owners often feel like they are being "ripped off". Alternatively, older machines will take a lot longer if you don't have the experience. It is a difficult problem, but this problem existed in the 70's when woodrail techs moved to other industries etc.. Internet guides and forums have pathed the way for hobbyists to become techs. It is a lot easier now than it was 10 years ago.

There must be a few in Melbourne? Mostly working for dealers but there is Owen as well who is full-time and absolutely flat out from what he said last time I saw him.

There are a few in Melbourne. Most Hobbyists have "crossed the line" into being competent techs through necessity and fulfilling the interest !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2009, 03:12:16 PM »
Just updating this post with some pics of Bretts aka caveoftreasures current pins...

Thanks for inviting me over to check out your collection, he has some great titles in his collection, and it was good to catch up with a local pinhead, I really enjoyed talking pinballs all night, and thanks for the beers as well... top night #*#
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2009, 03:13:22 PM »
here's a few more...
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2009, 06:32:43 PM »
Thanks V8Racefan (Leon) for posting the photos.... ^^^

I will have to add (or get u to post em for me cause i am hopeless with the camera/upload thing) some more pics of the others (spacejam n independance day n twilight , freddy etc etc ) when i pick up and position a few more in the little space i have left to work with...
I might even add a photo of the wife hitting me cause I have started overtaking the house   !*!       
......(but dont pinballs look much better than the crap women like to bring home from the markets n shopping centres etc.lol
ps - next time get the mrs to drop ya off so i can feed you alot more beer and send ya home after 12 4xers instead of 3.thanks again mate.
/

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2009, 08:24:46 PM »
Hi Brett,

No probs mate, glad you liked the photo's, your joint is awesome, great effort to aquire so many pins such a short space of time.  #*#

Yep next time I will get the wife to drop me off armed with a dozen or so bundy's  :lol

Thanks again, top night

Offline pistolpete78

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisneyland
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2009, 09:29:40 PM »
Nice photos v8racefan - and very nice collection caveoftreasures ^^^

Are there 2 Star Treks in there or am I seeing things?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2009, 10:14:06 PM »
Yeh there were 2 x star trek 25th anniversary's and two STNG but i have to get the second STNG from my mates place. I have a brother who likes star trek as well, so i thought why not buy 2 x each since they were in such great nick.

I am a bit of a star trek fan (give me captain janeway and a motel room anytime) lol.  $#$
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 08:45:39 PM by caveoftreasures »

Offline pinmadd

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2009, 05:41:43 AM »
7 of 9, any day of the week  #.#

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2009, 08:05:45 AM »
Great to see the pictures of the line-up, pinball is much better described visually than in words.

Some interesting choices in that lot; I imagine it would be hard to get bored with so many titles available.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2009, 08:58:27 AM »
hey Pinmad, you are correct, 7 of 9 from star trek anyday too ...lol
i should have said, captain janeway WITH 7 of 9 at the same time ofcourse .. lol

i am in the process of making up some more toppers for some of the other pins and will list some photos of all the different things i have collected to make some unique toppers...some machines i have bought the factory toppers for....

HEY CAN SOMEONE START A THREAD ABOUT TOPPERS AND WE CAN ALL SEND IN SOME PHOTOS.
 ALOT OF PEOPLE DONT TEND TO HAVE EM ???  what do u guys think about toppers ????  @@^