Author Topic: Sunday Pinball Questionaire - 35 - caveoftreasures  (Read 7409 times)

Offline markc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
Re: Sunday Pinball Questionaire - 35 - caveoftreasures
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2009, 10:25:25 AM »

nice  pins   , great pictures

mark

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2009, 07:44:44 PM »
thanks mark. But no serious collection can be truly fullfilled til I have purchased a few now from you.My 8 yr old daughter wont rest till i buy her a shrek pinball for xmas.keep ya eye out for me.it has to be excellent condition, and ofcourse i will take advantage of that 50% discount structure you offer nice guys from Brisbane (LOL)...but keep a look out for me for a shrek.please.(are u doing layby for xmas????...seriously?)....if so get me one in pls. ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2009, 11:47:34 AM »
Great stuff  ^^^

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2009, 02:40:06 PM »
fascinating read, thanks for sharing.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2009, 09:36:12 PM »
I was recently told by a pinball tech that the biggest enemy to a pinball machine is not being played or turned on much.....
So i have come up with a easy way to find out how all the machines are going without having to play them all myself all the time....(which would take too long) .....so what i have come up with is a easy idea......

1. i invite the kids from next door over (both sides of my house), i then get my eight year old daughter and her 6 or 7 friends (all aged betwen 8 and 10 yrs) to go in the gamesroom and start all the machines up.
2. the kids are told they can only play all the machines if they come and tell me if anything goes wrong or if anything doesnt work right whilst they are playing....
3. they have to finish a game and not let the ball just sit there with the music going, waiting forever...etc etc
4. who ever plays the most machines gets an icecream.

Now, i get all the machines played, full service reports from all the kids (who are pretty switched on if a ball sticks or something) and the machines get a good play on a friday or sat night if its been a quiet week in the gamesroom without a friend or two....
** it just costs me too much money when the electricity box spins like crazy....anyway, i thought it was an easy way for the kids to have fun and the machines to get their weekly workout.... :D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 09:44:52 PM by caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2009, 09:55:44 AM »
I was recently told by a pinball tech that the biggest enemy to a pinball machine is not being played or turned on much.....

Not sure where he gets that logic from.

Makes more sense with an EM

I like your strategy though. Everyone's a winner  ^^^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2009, 10:15:36 AM »
the tech said something about the computer boards get dry socket ?? or something like that cause they dont heat up ??   !@#

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2009, 01:04:50 PM »
thanks mark. But no serious collection can be truly fullfilled til I have purchased a few now from you.My 8 yr old daughter wont rest till i buy her a shrek pinball for xmas.keep ya eye out for me.it has to be excellent condition, and ofcourse i will take advantage of that 50% discount structure you offer nice guys from Brisbane (LOL)...but keep a look out for me for a shrek.please.(are u doing layby for xmas????...seriously?)....if so get me one in pls. ^^^

lol

yes mate  thanks

shrek  yes have one ....

i have 2 myself . one at my dads and one at my place . my 4 year loves it , she smiles everytime she plays it
layby is cool too of course

mark

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2009, 02:34:46 AM »
well the cave man (cave of treasures) now has his own personal tech..... me $#$ $#$ $#$
being a tech for the cave man is like being a kid in a candystore (in todays terms a kid in a ps3 or xbox 360 store)
so far i haven't found a problem i can't fix in his collection and i have been teaching him a few tricks of the trade.
the poor fellow was being charged am arm and a leg for the most simplest of faults  (i.e for a simple opto fault a certain tech added a coil and an extra hour of labour to a 30 min repair job)
The condition of this fellows pins is unbelievable $$( $$( $$( $$(

On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2009, 02:54:37 AM »
andrew, u r a good man.and its great u drink bourban and know how to fix anything and everything.and live down the road. BONUS.
..without this great forum/website,my fleet of 25 pins would not have your help to keep em in tip-top condition.  $#$

the amazing jaw dropping condition refers to excellent ofcourse...I HOPE ! ...thank the stars. ^^^
........if only i could service them like u play star trek next gen, i would be happier.  ^^^

the 2 x bugs bunny projects we are working on are coming along well. between the few cut wires from the previous owner, soggy flippers, few blown transistors, 50 crap bulbs, 20 shit rubbers, and few crappy connectors, ITS LIKE NEW...sort of...but close.

we will have to share a few pics of your board rebuilds and other handywork.
anyone in brisy or gold coast need a tech, andrew (beaky) is a friggin legend !   *%*

« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 03:10:16 AM by caveoftreasures »

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2009, 09:09:58 AM »
Good work Beaky as for the tech beeing a rip of i think thats why you can pick up pins for cheap they get a tech out to fix a game get ripped of then next time it breaks they refuse to get it fixed and end up selling it not working. Which is good for us i guess

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2009, 10:24:10 AM »
andrew, u r a good man.and its great u drink bourban and know how to fix anything and everything.and live down the road. BONUS.
..without this great forum/website,my fleet of 25 pins would not have your help to keep em in tip-top condition.  $#$

the amazing jaw dropping condition refers to excellent ofcourse...I HOPE ! ...thank the stars. ^^^
........if only i could service them like u play star trek next gen, i would be happier.  ^^^

the 2 x bugs bunny projects we are working on are coming along well. between the few cut wires from the previous owner, soggy flippers, few blown transistors, 50 crap bulbs, 20 shit rubbers, and few crappy connectors, ITS LIKE NEW...sort of...but close.

we will have to share a few pics of your board rebuilds and other handywork.
anyone in brisy or gold coast need a tech, andrew (beaky) is a friggin legend !   *%*

thanks cave man
and yes the jaw drop does mean excellent condition pins.
if you think i play startrek next gen well wait till you see me play blackknight 2000.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 10:16:15 PM by Beaky »
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2009, 09:08:09 PM »
Thanks. What a great collection in such a short time - that's the passion of the pin!
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.