Author Topic: Aust Post - No longer doing Western Union int money orders  (Read 1642 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
If PBR cant get with the times (electronic payments) maybe they should look at sum1 here being a stockist for them.

I'm still very happy with PBR's service and price.  I had no problems going to the post office and sending off a IMO to them...My concern would be how to pay them in future if this service was stopped.  If it means using Western Union online to send for payment then I'll be doing this in the future.

I've bought quite bit of stuff from them (only a drop in the ocean compared to others) but always I try RTBB first for Gottlieb parts and Greg's service is always top notch and beyond.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
I likes sending money orders as theres no paper trail unlike paying over the internet which has to come from a bank account or credit card  !*!

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Australia Post got back to me today with the following response:

"yes its true".

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Yes, spoke to my PO this morning and they confirmed the same.

Steve's reply:

Hi Nick:

Thanks for letting us know!

Please see our payment options listed below:
Please see our terms below.

The following payment options are proposed for international orders. We have no preference about which you use, you make that decision based on convenience and cost to you

options
1. bank draft
2. international money order (Canada...postal money orders are fine)
3. western union (if using, you must send to me as a PERSON rather than to us as a company, you should include your phone number and be careful to list our address correctly as the agent makes sure everything matches)
4. a US check, do you have a friend/associate here that can write a check on your behalf?
5. US currency, we have had good luck and this many times is the lowest transaction cost
6. Auctionchex.com -Accepts Credit Card and other forms of Payments!

not recommended but can be used
1. bank transfer...add $30.00 in fees to the invoice amount (and your bank charges you too, this is not for small transfers)...if you choose this method, write us for account and routing numbers

not acceptable
1. credit cards
2. paypal
3. foreign checks (Canada note: Canadian checks, even in US funds, are NOT acceptable...we incur a $13.00 fee to send check for collection because it does not have US bank routing codes)

We will not mis-state, mis-lead, or be less than 100% honest on package
declarations to any foreign country. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS and this policy
is not open to debate. For customs declarations, merchandise will be shown
separately from shipping expense, we suggest you discuss this with your
postal people in regards to customs duties.

thanks
The Pinball Resource
Attn: Steve Young
8 Commerce St
Poughkeepsie NY 12603 USA
845-473-7114 phone 9a-6p M-F EST
845-473-7116 fax (24/7)
www.pbresource.com
email pbr@pbresource.com

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
Yeh figured my PO would be the last to know anything!~! LOL!!!

Oddly enough the newsagent will still be offering WUMT... this cost me $28 to do online which is only $2 cheaper than going into the bank. At newsagency, its a fee of some 15%... so if order is over $200 then online is best - under this and newsagency is the go... hey - welcome to the global economy!

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
So you guys are telling me it's going to cost AUS$30 to send payment to PBR?

F**K THAT

I'm happy to gather emails from Australian pinball collectors to send to Mr Steve Young to tell him to get his business to 2009 and start taking better and more convenient payment options from people outside the US

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
So you guys are telling me it's going to cost AUS$30 to send payment to PBR?

F**K THAT

I'm happy to gather emails from Australian pinball collectors to send to Mr Steve Young to tell him to get his business to 2009 and start taking better and more convenient payment options from people outside the US

Add $30 to every order SUCKS

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
There has to be a better way.

He needs to move into the year 2009 and give us better payment options - wouldn't mind if we could get the parts he has in Australia - but we can't.

Maybe if we all send emails and hit them with the same problem....actually I will call him in the next few days and put this problem to him directly as the emails go to other people (well that is my understanding)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 10:27:13 PM by illawarra_steelers »

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Good idea tony let us know when you want us to bombard them with emails  ^^^

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
There has to be a better way.

He needs to move into the year 2009 and give us better payment options - wouldn't mind if we could get the parts he has in Australia - but we can't.

Maybe if we all send emails and hit them with the same problem....actually I will call him in the next few days and put this problem to him directly as the emails go to other people (well that is my understanding)

What I fail to understand is why WE have to pay $28 everytime we order ? So if I need a spring kit that costs $5.00 in an envelope that cost $6.00 to post - I have to PAY $28 ??

First Marco rip us off, now we are forced to pay a fortune to PAY for the parts from PBR..

Time for an email to PBR - This is just Bulls**it.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline AskJacob

• Forum Posts:
  • Normanhurst (Sydney)
have any of you guys used auctionchex?

Worked fine for me, and was pretty cheap.

Fine it took 5 days longer, but it worked. Once you have ordered from them, you get an account code for PBR from then on. They will ship when you order with that code, rather than wait for the check (cheque). It is an honesty system, they depend on you making the payment - so don't abuse it (e.g. forget to pay) or it will go away fore everyone and then any payment will become a damn inconvenience...

At least they are trying. Saying "get with the program" and "use paypal" is a bit of an oxymoron - we all know it's limitations and issues. At least there is an alternative...

Cheers
Jacob
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 10:58:05 PM by AskJacob »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Thanks for the info Jacob. I signed up for auctionchex but did find the site fairly confusing, and it seemed to be that I had to pay with GBP which would then be converted to USD - so hit with two exchange rates - is that how it worked for you?
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
no soup for you!
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

On my way to Aussie Post to see what they say !

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

I just returned from Aussie Post. Rumor is fact - No more MO (manually) from the end of Sept. You can electronically pay via Western Union at the PO - but that is a joke anyway.

While there I asked the teller how much it would cost if I submitted electronically - at the PO.

For US$500 to PBR, it will cost a WHOPPING AUS$50 "admin fee"..

It all depends on how much you want to send, to where, and the value of the US dollar.

Not a viable way of doing business for me, so I'm hoping PBR will change their payment options, or else I have to make huge orders and pay the $28.00 for the online WUMT, or not buy from them at all.  !!!