Author Topic: Aust Post - No longer doing Western Union int money orders  (Read 1641 times)

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
have any of you guys used auctionchex?

Jacob,

Looking at that right now...what is with the Payment to Auctionchex....how do you fill in the parts in the screen shot below?

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

I had a couple of responses from PBR - Here's one from last week ;

"We have other customers in your country currently paying us with  bank drafts and international money orders. Can you check with your bank to see what type of fees they charge for these services?"

Second email ;

"You can also see if Money Gram is a better solution for you, www.moneygram.com"

I tried moneygram and they were too expensive.

So it looks like the bank draft / MO ro mthe bak might be the option ? Wire Transfers cost $35.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Im waiting on a big order from PBR so i cant wait for the payment headache what a load of crap

Offline joydivision

• Forum Posts:
I sent a WU money order to PBR resistered mail (just to be sure) about 2 months ago, didn`t hear anything, assumed all was ok, then last week PBR asked me where my payment was, great, registered mail envelope lost. Money order not cashed.There was a $30.00 fee to get a refund on that.  Lucky I kept the paperwork.

Ended up doing a WU money transfer made out to Steve young (not PBR) for $120.80US, cost $28AU in fees, I did not care about the cost, I just wanted to sort it, their  prices and shipping charges are reasonable, so it balances out in the end. Steve would have had to collect it personally from a WU agency, they were happy to do it this way.

Offline Pinfan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
How annoying !

Best place in the world for pinball parts and it has the most antiquated method of payments i have ever seen !  !@#
Some people have big HEADS !

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Steve is aware of the change and how it affect us. I guess the more of us that let him know, the better. Right now, it is hard to justify A paying $28.00 "fee" for ordering parts because of their prehistoric payment methods. 

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
I went to call them this morning at 7am....just got the answering machine  :D :D

Will try again tomorrow

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide

I had a couple of responses from PBR - Here's one from last week ;

"We have other customers in your country currently paying us with  bank drafts and international money orders. Can you check with your bank to see what type of fees they charge for these services?"

I got this exact email a few weeks ago after notifying them, must be a standard email they send to whoever writes re their outdated payment methods.

I directed them to this site and to the amount of business they get, but don't think that made a difference

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Id be suprised if PBR change anything to how we pay them.. why should they? Steve is obviously suspicious of internet payments and i cant say that i blame him... yeh its a pain to pay PBR - was a pain when we could do Money Order.. is a pain now also. When i did my very first attempted transaction with PBR some years back it was all too much hassle paying by snail mail and then getting an account etc.. took me a few years to finally bite the bullet.
I emailed them at the time saying that they must lose a ton of business due to the antiquated payment structure.. i had a reply from Steve that thats the way it is and if it dont suit then they are happy to wish me well and not do business.

Cmon - where else you gonna go for these parts?? PBR are the ONLY outlet for a lot of this stuff.

Marco has parts and schematics and we complain about his $30 over the top postal rip off.. the banks charge you $30 to pay via them - so go complain to your banks... they been ripping you off for years.
WUM will cost some $28 to do
 PAYPAL will cost the SELLER.

I recently had to wire US$520 to china for some samples - bank want $30 for that amount or $50,000... yeh well... welcome to the world economy! To do with Paypal - would cost seller US$50!
 The whole set up sucks - basically - you will be ripped off no matter what you do.

So what am i ranting about?

My question of all this is why should it cost Steve Young to get payment via Paypal just cos its easier for us?

Its the Aussie banking system that is ripping you - no one else, so go hassle them.. id love to once again have a bank account where i dont have charges so long as im in the black.

In a years time we will be griping about the fees to send money or fees to post ( Marcos), but we will all still be buying and the banks will be loving you even more - LOL!!!   <.> <.>

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
Id be suprised if PBR change anything to how we pay them.. why should they? Steve is obviously suspicious of internet payments and i cant say that i blame him... yeh its a pain to pay PBR - was a pain when we could do Money Order.. is a pain now also. When i did my very first attempted transaction with PBR some years back it was all too much hassle paying by snail mail and then getting an account etc.. took me a few years to finally bite the bullet.
I emailed them at the time saying that they must lose a ton of business due to the antiquated payment structure.. i had a reply from Steve that thats the way it is and if it dont suit then they are happy to wish me well and not do business.

Cmon - where else you gonna go for these parts?? PBR are the ONLY outlet for a lot of this stuff.

Marco has parts and schematics and we complain about his $30 over the top postal rip off.. the banks charge you $30 to pay via them - so go complain to your banks... they been ripping you off for years.
WUM will cost some $28 to do
 PAYPAL will cost the SELLER.

I recently had to wire US$520 to china for some samples - bank want $30 for that amount or $50,000... yeh well... welcome to the world economy! To do with Paypal - would cost seller US$50!
 The whole set up sucks - basically - you will be ripped off no matter what you do.

So what am i ranting about?

My question of all this is why should it cost Steve Young to get payment via Paypal just cos its easier for us?

Its the Aussie banking system that is ripping you - no one else, so go hassle them.. id love to once again have a bank account where i dont have charges so long as im in the black.

In a years time we will be griping about the fees to send money or fees to post ( Marcos), but we will all still be buying and the banks will be loving you even more - LOL!!!   <.> <.>

True,but i do no of some that except payment by paypal as long as you pay the fee.For me this way would be a lot easyer and a LOT quicker. ^&^

Thank god mark got most of my parts and takes paypal and then has the balls to refund any overcharge back onto my paypal account,TO EASY. ^^^
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
That's OK for the guys that collect the 'newer' pins but for us that collect old school we are screwed.

I'm going to talk with my bank tomorrow - looks like I can send payment from them at an additional cost of $20 - I can cop that, especially with the dollar the way it is

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
That's OK for the guys that collect the 'newer' pins but for us that collect old school we are screwed.

I'm going to talk with my bank tomorrow - looks like I can send payment from them at an additional cost of $20 - I can cop that, especially with the dollar the way it is

Can do the same - costs $20 to set up and then $20 for each overseas deposit... problem with this is that i have to use a security token which goes into USB port - overrides all previous passwords - lose this and im screwed!

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

If I knew what the paypal fee was - I'd gladly pay that fee. Surely it would be less than $28.00 per transaction.

I'll still buy from PBR, just sucks that things change at our end, and we have to use a different method again - But Tony is right - Steve did ask me to speak to the bank as they might help out.

The other thing I was thinking of was to set up an account with PBR - by sending them US$1000 or something similar. I'd use that over the course of 12 months.

Offline slammer

• Forum Posts:
  • Bendigo Victoria
  • Aussie Pinball - No bullshit, just pinball
I went to call them this morning at 7am....just got the answering machine  :D :D

Will try again tomorrow

7am here on a Monday is Sunday arvo over there I'm pretty sure....

Cheers Angelo

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW

Will try again tomorrow

7am here on a Monday is Sunday arvo over there I'm pretty sure....

Cheers Angelo

Yeah I know I'm an idiot  :lol :lol :lol :lol

He has been there before at that time 'cause I've spoken to him before at that time