Author Topic: Any suggestions on changing Gottlieb Jungle Queen drop targets  (Read 612 times)

Offline JD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
  • There's no law against having fun, just yet!
Any suggestions on changing Gottlieb Jungle Queen drop targets
« on: November 15, 2009, 01:41:50 PM »
Now that Sinbad is nearly here, thought I would start on my partial restore of Jungle Queen. I am replacing the drop targets and am looking for an easy was to do this if it is possible. I have removed all the wires on the drop target assy and have it on the bench. Looking for an easy way of going about this??

J.D.
There is no law against having fun just yet (but I am sure they are busy are drafting one!)

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
ddstoys covered this in the pinball repair 101 section I think

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Depending on your Mechs JD as to how easy they are to replace.     Check the 101 thread first then let me know how you go

Offline JD

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
Checked the 101 very informative thank you DDtoys.

I changed the drop targets with new ones I got from pinball resource.
Not as hard as I thought. Just need to have the beers after and not before or during the job!

I was tidying this machine up for a sale but the more time I spend the better this classic is coming up.

Has anyone seen any playfield plastics available? No good on google so far?

J.D.
There is no law against having fun just yet (but I am sure they are busy are drafting one!)

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
Good on you John,

Replacing the targets on a Gottlieb are pretty easy....much easier than Bally drop targets

Sorry to say that the playfield plastics have not been reproduced by anybody so far.

Best bet for these would be PBR.....agreed it's an awesome game to play and that backglass art is stunning  *%*

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Which plastics did you need i may have a spare from the set i got of tony 10 years ago lol

Offline deadlydave

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
Hi JD

I think I have same drop target mechs as you on my quick draw. I fully stripped and polished mine and they worked great for about a month, then I got some sticking in the main reset linkage and also where the striker rides down on each switch, a small dab of lube on these points and they have been solid for many months.

Cheers
Dave

Offline JD

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
DD toys the left and right slingshot plastics, the clear plastics A-16588 and A-16590.

Thanks J.D.

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
DD toys the left and right slingshot plastics, the clear plastics A-16588 and A-16590.

Thanks J.D.

Ill pull out the plastics box and see what i can find.  I know i dont have the clear ones as i need to make some up for mine aswell

Offline JD

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
If I cannot buy the clear ones I will make them and make another for you at the same time.

I assume your Jungle Princess and my Jungle Queen are the same in this area?
J.D.

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Yes Jungle queen and jungle princess are exactly the same except jungle queen is four player and princes is two player

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Hi JD
       Were you after the lions, Elephants or the little oval ones above the flippers???

Offline JD

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
Two elephants. each side

J.D.

Offline JD

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
Apart from pinball resource, does anyone know where to get new flipper bushes for the upper flippers on Jungle queen?

J.D.

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
Apart from pinball resource, does anyone know where to get new flipper bushes for the upper flippers on Jungle queen?

J.D.

John,

Check these guys out: http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=486