Author Topic: Remember to change the batteries  (Read 27948 times)

Offline pokermachine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Remember to change the batteries
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 11:28:47 PM »
Ah, cool  ^^^ Thanks for the reply!!
Im looking forward to getting the pinball LEDs in the mail homepin...
lets hope i can source a 3 batt holder!!
what about the alligator clip idea instead of hard wire solder, i am a bit worried about soldering on a board... i repaired a playstation controller once and i think my soldering iron is too hot as the tract lifted from the board, if i do go down this road what watt iron do people use??? my iron is 40w... to much??

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 11:42:14 PM »
Ah, cool  ^^^ Thanks for the reply!!
Im looking forward to getting the pinball LEDs in the mail homepin...
lets hope i can source a 3 batt holder!!
what about the alligator clip idea instead of hard wire solder, i am a bit worried about soldering on a board... i repaired a playstation controller once and i think my soldering iron is too hot as the tract lifted from the board, if i do go down this road what watt iron do people use??? my iron is 40w... to much??

I stock 3 batt holders BUT you can easily just jump the 4th batt position on a 4 batt holder.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline 48

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Lets go Brandon!

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 07:40:57 PM »
$10 for five holders isn't too bad (wonder what the postage is though?)
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline 48

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2011, 08:41:16 PM »
Free shipping mate.
Lets go Brandon!

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2011, 09:33:37 PM »
Free shipping mate.

Then a really good deal! Might read the whole ad next time !!  !@)
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2011, 08:14:25 AM »
It's that time again guys, if you haven't changed the batteries for a while, best think about both your pins and of course the smoke detectors. Today I'll open the backglasses and hope not to find that dreaded green mist the made in China Duracells seem to like to distribute.

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2011, 10:10:23 AM »
It's that time again guys, if you haven't changed the batteries for a while, best think about both your pins and of course the smoke detectors. Today I'll open the backglasses and hope not to find that dreaded green mist the made in China Duracells seem to like to distribute.

I don't know if you have looked recently but ALL batteries now seem to be made in PRC......regardless of price or brand
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2011, 10:44:41 AM »

I don't know if you have looked recently but ALL batteries now seem to be made in PRC......regardless of price or brand

Yes, I have looked. Not saying everything from there is problematic, but batteries sure seem to leak more than they did years ago - how often has someone opened a game to find original issue 1990's batteries still there, still working, and still leak-free? My FP had batteries that I think were at least ten years old (no longer made), the Star Wars had the original 1993 Evereadys I think - with a cable tie keeping them nice and secure and putting anyone off bothering replacing them.  And I for one have found leaky Duracells within a couple of months of installing. Says something for the manufacturing standards.

Wonder if I should get myself a bill from Nuggy for his work on the FH board that got the leaky Duracell treatment after about three months? Repair or replace guarantee? Probably limited to $2.00 flashlights I suspect!

Offline Discodan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2012, 01:25:26 PM »
Hi Guys

Excuse the newby question, it may be the first of a few.

I opened the backboard for the first time the other day and noticed the batteries were cheapo dick smith alkalines so I will swap them out. Can someone confirm that this should be done with the power off and if it will lose all of the settings and high score?

cheers
d

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2012, 02:14:58 PM »
Hi Guys

Excuse the newby question, it may be the first of a few.

I opened the backboard for the first time the other day and noticed the batteries were cheapo dick smith alkalines so I will swap them out. Can someone confirm that this should be done with the power off and if it will lose all of the settings and high score?

cheers
d
you must do it with the power on or else you will lose all the settings and your machine will go back to factory default.

On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2012, 03:01:22 PM »

Good timing to revive this thread -  it's that time again peoples - out with the old, in with the new!!

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2012, 03:20:01 PM »
do sys 11 go through batteries quicker than other machines? cos my sys 11 games seem to go through them twice as fast as my old gtb and ss bally

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2012, 04:12:22 PM »
do sys 11 go through batteries quicker than other machines? cos my sys 11 games seem to go through them twice as fast as my old gtb and ss bally
That's strange, are you talking about both of them or just 1?
I have had my swords of fury for a few years now and only change the batteries once every 12 months, and they are still at 1.5 volts each when tested after i remove them.

If it is just one then it could have had the ram replaced with the incorrect type or a faulty diode on the cpu board. Or the batteries could be nearly dead when you install them.

On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2012, 07:36:40 PM »
That's strange, are you talking about both of them or just 1?
I have had my swords of fury for a few years now and only change the batteries once every 12 months, and they are still at 1.5 volts each when tested after i remove them.

If it is just one then it could have had the ram replaced with the incorrect type or a faulty diode on the cpu board. Or the batteries could be nearly dead when you install them.

its on both my sys11's seems i never changed my world cup soccer battery once in the time i owned it same with my gtb and my spacehawks, but the sys11s both now on their second lot of batteries. they both went around the same time and both had batteries put in the same time and the same batteries in all machines. spuin cos the day before i finally got a higher score than my missus lol ahaha