Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57164 times)

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #1005 on: January 11, 2013, 12:44:56 AM »
Gee this is getting boring who has there WOZ yet? Hasn't it been 3years? Man I like hobbit but I'll wait until 2015 to see it first lol,  yeah yeah shinny pf great build quality but that means nothing if you don't have your game, the money's better off in the bank making interest than giving it to jack for 3 years oh hang on jacks made the interest lol

Peter

Are they ready for the third title yet?

It would not surprise me the way WOZ is going. Quite unbelievable it's January 2013 and still buyers have no delivery date.

It is amazing how long it's taken sad for investors really

Peter

I looked at WOZ more than 12 months ago but my gut feel said to go BIBLE as I wanted to play ASAP. They say WOZ is good quality build but I have had a cracker of a time playing ACDC for the past 10 months. Better than waiting and wandering.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #1006 on: January 11, 2013, 12:47:43 AM »
Gee this is getting boring who has there WOZ yet? Hasn't it been 3years? Man I like hobbit but I'll wait until 2015 to see it first lol,  yeah yeah shinny pf great build quality but that means nothing if you don't have your game, the money's better off in the bank making interest than giving it to jack for 3 years oh hang on jacks made the interest lol

Peter

Are they ready for the third title yet?

It would not surprise me the way WOZ is going. Quite unbelievable it's January 2013 and still buyers have no delivery date.

It is amazing how long it's taken sad for investors really

Peter

I looked at WOZ more than 12 months ago but my gut feel said to go BIBLE as I wanted to play ASAP. They say WOZ is good quality build but I have had a cracker of a time playing ACDC for the past 10 months. Better than waiting and wandering.

Totally agree I to have enjoyed my BIB LE

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #1007 on: January 11, 2013, 02:25:46 AM »
and people keep telling me Stern has to catch JJP........ *.* *.* *.*

what you think 5000 games is impressive??
thats with acdc in that year sterns biggest game. thats not really a good figure, and if i was an investor i wouldnt be investing in stern as a company.
share holders wouldnt be impressed that that sort of figure, imagine how much money they didnt make of there investment on 5000 machine.

Just wait cavey i wouldnt be counting your chickens yet, remember JJP hasnt released their machine yet and stern is only out selling them around 5 to 1, on a none released machine against a few stern titles including their priced ACDC.

say 5000 machines selling at wholesale averaging out at $5000 us each machine, thats only $2.5million us in turnover before tax and costs, how many employees does he have? there is no way the man makes a cent profit on that operation. yes stern needs to pick up their game not to compete with JJP but to keep surviving, on the numbers Gary has quoted him self. there are massive overheads industry,  i cant even see how he pays him self.

before you say stern sell machine that cost $9k how can the average be around $5k.
well the base models retail around $5k thats retail. and he also retails pinballs as low as $2.5 which more than make up for the difference of $7-$9k machines. and again they are retail prices, and as you know that is before taking any costs out to produce the machines, marketing, insurance, taxes, rents,wages, stock, equipment, design even licence fees, and the many many other costs involved in running an operation.
yes JJP wouldnt be making money either, And he would be expecting that, he isnt a company that hasnt been around for over 30 years, and he would have a pocket of cash trying to stick it out for a few years like any start up company does.

I am VERY VERY glad u are NOT running my business.lol

5000 machines at $5000 each is not $2.5 million as you wrongly calculated, ITS $25,000,000 (25 million)   #@#
You were only out by one thousand percent !

and I read every other post u wrote, and it all sounds like Stern bashing to me.........sorry, but after you have spent a 30 year period bettering Gary Stern, then I might believe a percentage of it........I think its time that some people stopped making excuses for JJP and admitted, its not so easy being a armchair expert and thinking it would be so easy to better Stern.

JJP has tried for almost 3 years, and so far, not one machine delivered to a home user, even with a open cheque book and a design brief to the best of the unemployed pinball experts to do whatever they want to design the best pinball they can make. Not soo easy is it !

As I have said many times before, Gary Stern is a very talented man doing a great job.  Anyone who says otherwise can build me a pinball machine, then post a thread on it and show me how its better than a Stern machine......

How about something positive about Stern for a change.........give credit where credit is due for a change......

P.S - JJP have done a outstanding job so far, not withstanding they are late....it just shows that building pinball machines and building a successful pinball machine manufacturing company is a mammoth task...it takes massive talent, time n money...something no one on here can replicate, so why bash Stern all the time. Food for reasonable thought.......But I could be wrong.....its happened before.lol

I will give the extra 22.5 million dollars back to Gary when i see him next.lol  

>>>>>OlivJ, Its all good we have different opinions, it just frustrates me sometimes...imagine newbies trying to get into pinball seeing negative stuff written all the time about Stern, it must scare some people off buying a machine and getting into this hobby ?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 02:58:50 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1008 on: January 11, 2013, 03:01:26 AM »
no big deal, make another 500 mistakes on here and u will catch up to me.lol   ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #1009 on: January 11, 2013, 08:12:38 AM »
Man you got a problem! Stop knocking Cavey, he knows pinball today and he is a great ambassador for AP and the hoby in general. I love his posts cause he always backs up with facts, figures and good opinions and nothing like your dummy spit.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1010 on: January 11, 2013, 01:07:24 PM »
I will take both the positive and not so positive comments on the chin, so thanks.....

back on track with WOZ.... 

Has anyone been into play the game in VIC and have they got any info to add on gameplay and overall appearance etc.?

Has anyone played the machine with anything other than the first basic code ?, or is it still got basic code only ?

Has anyone got anything extra from JJP about production starting on the line, or if production hasnt started, any reasons why ?

Any general JJP updates at all ? !@# !@# !@#

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #1011 on: January 11, 2013, 01:10:18 PM »
Man you got a problem! Stop knocking Cavey, he knows pinball today and he is a great ambassador for AP and the hoby in general. I love his posts cause he always backs up with facts, figures and good opinions and nothing like your dummy spit.

no brother you got me wrong, no knocking here,
 i have learnt the error of my ways.

Ha ha great now let's see you post at least 10 positive posts about stern and in no particular order.

P:s- I'm impressed how you're taken the CONSTRUCTIVE criticism this time :-)

Peter

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #1012 on: January 11, 2013, 01:11:33 PM »
I will take both the positive and not so positive comments on the chin, so thanks.....

Has anyone been into play the game in VIC and have they got any info to add on gameplay and overall appearance etc.?

Has anyone played the machine with anything other than the first basic code ?, or is it still got basic code only ?

Has anyone got anything extra from JJP about production starting on the line, or if production hasnt started, any reasons why ?

I believe only people that have laid down a deposit can play WOZ.

Peter

Offline joele

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #1013 on: January 11, 2013, 02:00:06 PM »
I believe only people that have laid down a deposit can play WOZ.

I'm sure David told me the other day that it is now on the floor..
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 03:25:19 PM by joele »
-----
Current - Dr Who, The Shadow, Judge Dredd, Bram Stoker's Dracula and Star Wars DE

Owned but Sold - Indiana Jones, Revenge from mars, Fish Tales, Tron Pro

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #1014 on: January 11, 2013, 02:03:24 PM »

Demo game is at Bumper
Dan works at Bumper

As for shipping, no news yet

Offline Sunfox

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1015 on: January 11, 2013, 10:43:09 PM »
If I hear someone else in this thread say it's taken 3 years, I'm going to scream! As of January 2013, it has been exactly 2 years (since January 2011).

Yes, that's too long too, but there's no need to exaggerate the facts to make a point.

The two mass-media articles featuring JJP released in the last 2 days have stated Mid-Feburary and Mid-March as delivery dates (in the US, of course). Jack's last official ETA given on November 30, 2012 was 90 days, which takes you to March 2013.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 10:48:05 PM by Sunfox »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1016 on: January 11, 2013, 10:51:58 PM »
I was using the figures I thought had been mentioned/supplied by a member who had talked about the date for the first ever announcement from JJP that they were designing a WOZ machine and had negotiated the licence and had been working on that title. It wasnt the date this WOZ thread started but another date. I might have got it wrong.

I will have to ask someone who i think might be able to help provide that specific date like Pop Bumper Pete or ANT who have both bought a WOZ and have been in the WOZ purchase line ever since day one.

If its not 3 years, i will stand corrected back to the ?? 2 years. If its 3 years, I will leave my former posts at 3 years. I will wait for one of the guys mentioned to comment if they could on the original date. Thanks for mentioning the different date, best to have it correct, yes......

Brett
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 11:04:22 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1017 on: January 11, 2013, 11:05:19 PM »
Does anyone know of anyone in Australia who has bought a std model WOZ , instead of the LE WOZ ?  !@#

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1018 on: January 11, 2013, 11:11:41 PM »
I wonder if Jack has another card up his sleeve - perhaps The Pinball Arcade version to be released at the same time?
SC.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #1019 on: January 11, 2013, 11:14:17 PM »
Yes Wizard of oz is in the showroom for general public but still has no code update