Author Topic: Pinrepair is no longer available free online  (Read 4035 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: Pinrepair is no longer available free online
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2011, 05:59:09 PM »
I downlaoded it and I also (painstakingly) grabbed all (well most anyway) of the pics..... <..>
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2011, 10:13:23 PM »
Anyone needing access to the pinrepair manuals can use this link:

http://replay.web.archive.org/200902...pinrepair.com/
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline gruntcake

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2011, 02:17:40 PM »
As a minor contributor to the once publicly available pinrepair site,I now think "why bother". I contributed a couple of things in the understanding that the information would be freely available for the common good and knowledge of fellow pinball enthusiasts. Then to have it disappear.......very disappointing.
In the least, I'll always continue to put any mods I come up with on my website. http://home.pacific.net.au/~jennyah/index.html

Mark
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 02:24:05 PM by gruntcake »

Offline pinball-collector

• Forum Posts:

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2011, 10:25:39 PM »
I'd be making your copy. The Wayback Machine is now disallowing the most recent archived version (2009) presumably at Clay's request - if so, he's really taken the ball this time!!

User-agent: *
Disallow: /wpc/
Disallow: /bally/
Disallow: /em/
Disallow: /pin2000/
Disallow: /6803/
Disallow: /sys1/
Disallow: /sys3
Disallow: /sys80/
Disallow: /sys37/
Disallow: /sys11/
Disallow: /de/
Disallow: /gp/
Disallow: /restore/
Disallow: /cgi-bin/

Only a matter of time before he gets that version removed too.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2011, 12:31:26 AM »
I'd be making your copy. The Wayback Machine is now disallowing the most recent archived version (2009) presumably at Clay's request - if so, he's really taken the ball this time!!

User-agent: *
Disallow: /wpc/
Disallow: /bally/
Disallow: /em/
Disallow: /pin2000/
Disallow: /6803/
Disallow: /sys1/
Disallow: /sys3
Disallow: /sys80/
Disallow: /sys37/
Disallow: /sys11/
Disallow: /de/
Disallow: /gp/
Disallow: /restore/
Disallow: /cgi-bin/

Only a matter of time before he gets that version removed too.

Two Words: THAT SUCKS!

Offline vinito

• Forum Posts:
  • Kansas City, KS USA
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2011, 08:48:07 AM »
Anybody have a more current version or have the missing pictures from the now "disallowed" archive? Send me a PM. Even the older version is better than nuthin'. This underhanded crying game rubs me the wrong way and I'll be glad to slip something underneath the power trip and serve the community.
I feel more like I do now than I did when I first got here.

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2011, 09:05:28 AM »
Anybody have a more current version or have the missing pictures from the now "disallowed" archive? Send me a PM. Even the older version is better than nuthin'. This underhanded crying game rubs me the wrong way and I'll be glad to slip something underneath the power trip and serve the community.

There is a torrent that has almost all of it - an older version but still worthwhile IMO. WARNING 65Mb

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6343457/Pin_repair_guide
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2011, 10:48:32 AM »

Vince, did the EM files come through ok mate?

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2011, 11:05:15 AM »
As a minor contributor to the once publicly available pinrepair site,I now think "why bother". I contributed a couple of things in the understanding that the information would be freely available for the common good and knowledge of fellow pinball enthusiasts. Then to have it disappear.......very disappointing.
In the least, I'll always continue to put any mods I come up with on my website. http://home.pacific.net.au/~jennyah/index.html

Mark

I also contributed a small section in the EM Guide. It was an interesting problem with the Ball Count unit that I found in my Sky Jump.

I just checked out your website - The replacement for the WMS Match Unit and the replacement 9602 on the Bally MPU board. Excellent !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Boots

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2011, 08:40:42 PM »

There is a torrent that has almost all of it - an older version but still worthwhile IMO. WARNING 65Mb

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6343457/Pin_repair_guide

I think that is the "http://arcarc.xmission.com/Pinball/Web%20Archives/www.Marvin3m.com%20%28Sep-08-2003%29/fix.htm" version.
There doesn't seem to be any Gottlieb guides.

Try this one:http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/289564965/pin+repair?tab=summary
I am downloading it right now, so far it looks good, 345MB though.
This is the quote from the readme file "This is the saved site pinrepair.com , as of April 2011 it has changed to a pay site. enjoy "
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 08:46:40 PM by Boots »

Offline bossninja17

• Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2011, 10:24:43 PM »

Clay has put many hours of his own time, pretty much voluntary, into the pin repair site, This Old Pinball videos and podcast productions, etc. I understand he previously had a day job but was retrenched.The bloke has to eat. Maybe how he did it was a little sudden, but was a reaction to be taken for granted / expected to do things for nothing. He loves pinball. I'd "watch this space".
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline Boots

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2011, 10:44:21 PM »

Clay has put many hours of his own time, pretty much voluntary, into the pin repair site, This Old Pinball videos and podcast productions, etc. I understand he previously had a day job but was retrenched.The bloke has to eat. Maybe how he did it was a little sudden, but was a reaction to be taken for granted / expected to do things for nothing. He loves pinball. I'd "watch this space".

Fair point, but if the aim was to make some money out of it, there are still plenty of ways to "dress it up" for consumers while still leaving a basic version for others.
I am sure that with correct marketing and things like interactive DVD's and such it would still be profitable even with the free version available online.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2011, 11:07:29 PM »

Thought proceeds were to go to Pacific Pinball Museum?? Hell the guys need a sign at least!

Pinrepair is gone... egos are all over the shop.. ball is taken home and bottom lips are pouted.

Its this hobby i tell you..

Fact is that noone else made a site like Pinrepair cos there was already one... ya dont need 2 sites with the same stuff.

Clay paved the way, but has given up the throne... watch it get filled very quickly