Author Topic: Nucore and using dual monitors  (Read 3119 times)

Offline Private Gimp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Mackay, Queensland
  • Fix'n and play'n Pinball
Nucore and using dual monitors
« on: April 27, 2011, 10:13:56 PM »

Would it be possible to run 2 LCD Monitors together at the same time on an RFM with Nucore?
Also any chance of a pause and mute feature like TZ home roms !@#?

Just wondering...

Gimp

Offline Sonny_Jim

• Forum Posts:
Re: Nucore and using dual monitors
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 04:36:48 PM »
I'm guessing you won't be able to change the game code, as far as I can see Nucore is just an emulator of sorts rather than a rewrite of the software.  To add things like mute and pause you'd need to either dissemble the code or have the sourcecode available.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 09:56:41 PM »
i thought they did rewrite the code ? but its a good question about the 2 x lcd screens. 

I have a frend who just purchased 2 x nucore setups for a couple of Star wars ep one's so i will ask him if he can split the video signal into 2 screens instead of one ?

that would be a cool feature if u could have a lcd screen ontop of the machine for other people to see as the game was being played.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Chuck

• Forum Posts:
  • Usa
    • Big Guys Pinball
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 08:06:05 AM »
Hey guys. I'll try to answer all of the questions:

1) We didn't rewrite any code. It is %100 emulated. Rewriting the code would have broken the Copyright.
2) You could use two monitors. The problem is the image is inversed to work on the game. You would have to write a hook to correct the image to the second monitor.
3) We actually added a pause feature at one time but it caused way too many problems so we took it out.

We've actually taken a break on new development. Working on it for five years eating up most of our spare time was getting a tad old ;-) We're still supporting it and we are fixing code bugs. A new release should be out fairly soon to fix some really obscure bugs.

Peace.