Author Topic: Beaky's Pinball Repairs  (Read 14882 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Beaky's Pinball Repairs
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2012, 09:17:04 AM »
Beaky the super tech to the rescue, wtg andy!!
I need you to have a look at a CV when you can, I thought I had it fixed but hey I'm not a pinball restorer #@#...so I think it's time to call the best tech to sort it out!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2012, 02:00:46 AM »
I need you to have a look at a CV when you can, I thought I had it fixed but hey I'm not a pinball restorer #@#...so I think it's time to call the best tech to sort it out!
No probes mate.
i will let you know when i am up that way again.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2012, 05:21:17 PM »
No probes mate.
i will let you know when i am up that way again.

CV has gone back to it's home but I have a TOM here atm with a dodgy eddy switch/sensor..whatever they are.... #@#

Offline roundball

• Forum Posts:
  • BNE - The only place to be.
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2012, 05:42:35 PM »
Am too lazy to do this myself..  But here you go Daz, give this a whirl..

Could it be a bung magnet though..?

Stolen from the interweb, credit where credit is due..

Heres some info:Adjusting Eddy Sensor Boards.
Often eddy sensors can go out of adjustment and become less sensitive. This can cause the eddy sensor to not activate when a ball passes above it on the playfield. To adjust an eddy sensor do this:

* On the under the playfield eddy sensor control board, turn the potentiometer counter-clockwise until the LED just turns on.
* Now turn the potentiometer back clockwise until the LED just turns off.

That is all that is required to adjust the STNG/ToM/RS eddy sensor. To test the sensor, put the game into WPC diagnostic's first switch test. Then move a pinball over the playfield area where the eddy sensor is located. The switch should activate on display. Also from the bottom of the playfield, the eddy board LED should go ON as a ball passes in front of the eddy board's senssor (this can be seen anytime, the game does not need to be in switch test.)

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 05:45:18 PM by roundball »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2012, 06:04:51 PM »
Am too lazy to do this myself..  But here you go Daz, give this a whirl..

Could it be a bung magnet though..?

Stolen from the interweb, credit where credit is due..

Heres some info:Adjusting Eddy Sensor Boards.
Often eddy sensors can go out of adjustment and become less sensitive. This can cause the eddy sensor to not activate when a ball passes above it on the playfield. To adjust an eddy sensor do this:

* On the under the playfield eddy sensor control board, turn the potentiometer counter-clockwise until the LED just turns on.
* Now turn the potentiometer back clockwise until the LED just turns off.

That is all that is required to adjust the STNG/ToM/RS eddy sensor. To test the sensor, put the game into WPC diagnostic's first switch test. Then move a pinball over the playfield area where the eddy sensor is located. The switch should activate on display. Also from the bottom of the playfield, the eddy board LED should go ON as a ball passes in front of the eddy board's senssor (this can be seen anytime, the game does not need to be in switch test.)

Thanks mate I will give it a go.

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2012, 07:26:33 PM »
if it goes out of calibration again then we will need to replace the trim pots / potentiometer
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2012, 01:59:28 AM »
ive bought 3 of those MC6808 chips, to replace my shotty one, seeing they are cheap, and ill have two spares ill give them as a donation to your chip collection might come in handy if you have to fix some one elses machine who has that chip. seeing its a bit of a oddity part cheers mate

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2012, 03:25:32 AM »
ive bought 3 of those MC6808 chips, to replace my shotty one, seeing they are cheap, and ill have two spares ill give them as a donation to your chip collection might come in handy if you have to fix some one elses machine who has that chip. seeing its a bit of a oddity part cheers mate
your a legend mate  ^^^
I haven't had to use one for a while, so i haven't bothered to stock up on them.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 03:35:38 AM by beaky »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2012, 05:50:31 PM »
Thanks again for dropping in today to give the Ironman a service mate.
The game is playing super fast now with the flipper kit and stronger coils installed, just as well the ramp protector was installed too.
The new figures with the led mods also look fantastic.

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2012, 12:13:18 AM »
Thanks again for dropping in today to give the Ironman a service mate.
The game is playing super fast now with the flipper kit and stronger coils installed, just as well the ramp protector was installed too.
The new figures with the led mods also look fantastic.

^^^  your welcome.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2012, 08:44:09 PM »
Just thought I'd post some pics of my DE Checkpoint main board that andrew (Beaky) repaired & restored.

AMAZING work as allways, this board is better than new, the photo's speak for themselves.

Keep up the excellent work mate, thanks again  ^^^

Regards

Leon
v8racefan
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2012, 06:24:55 PM »
Super tech Andrew (Beaky) has just brought my 89 Elvira back from the dead ! $%$

His passion for this hobby is amazing, his work is very professional, and communication is great. Top bloke. $&&

Thanks again mate, looking forward to having many games of Elvira over the chrissy break.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2012, 10:00:54 PM »

Great to hear. Well done Andrew - your pride in your work really shows  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2012, 11:20:03 PM »
thanks guys
I have had a large number of call outs over the past couple of weeks and i am booked out most of this week also  ^&^  #*#

thanks for your making me feel at home Leon

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2013, 09:52:55 PM »
Just saying big thanks to Andrew for his legendary pinball repair efforts again today. Thanks mate. $%$