Author Topic: tom for sale for the 3rd time,wtf.now $4500 buy now  (Read 1079 times)

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
tom for sale for the 3rd time,wtf.now $4500 buy now
« on: August 11, 2011, 07:19:03 PM »
 ^&^ ^&^ ^&^ *.* *.* *.*
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: tom for sale for the 3rd time,wtf.now $4500 buy now
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 07:22:35 PM »
Is that one of Oscars's pins?
He usually has some nice examples for sale.
$4k tops in this market?  !@#
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 07:34:23 PM »
in seseme st. was oscar the garbage can man.i think so.lol

What exactly are you getting at Damien?

You've vented on here numerous times about this seller, how many more times do we have to listen to it?

If you're pointing out a flaw on a machine then so be it.  But to sit behind your keyboard and throw continued personal insults is poor form.

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »
My experience was 50/50, still prefer to buy a pin I can inspect and play first.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 07:40:49 PM »
i am not making any personal insults on anyone,just stating the fact that a seller is not selling the machine at the price it is legally getting to, on the e-bay auction.do you condone this sellers actions,martyj.

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 07:44:13 PM »
i am sure the second chance bidder would be more than happy to accept this deal.correct me if i am wrong.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 07:55:25 PM »
can someone list the ebay link. without that, its hard to make a call.

Its a lot of hard work to get a good seller reputation in this industry, but it only takes 1 x bad pin and one unhappy buyer for things to go south. It is also hard because some people are friends of certain sellers, and others are not. I have dealt with many many commercial sellers, with only a small farrrk up rate.

I think the seller mentioned has learnt alot since he started and i think things are much better/different today. I recently ordered a pin from him because I believe everyone in this industry deserves a second shot/chance. Not everyone is as easy going as me, so if someone decided not to go again, so to speak, well thats fine as well.

Gee the weathers nice today boys !  #@# #@#

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 07:55:46 PM »
i am not making any personal insults on anyone,just stating the fact that a seller is not selling the machine at the price it is legally getting to, on the e-bay auction.do you condone this sellers actions,martyj.

Damien,

I have looked on eBay at 1 TOM which supposedly sold ($1 start) and the other which has a BIN or make offer?  Certainly from the pics, they appear to be 2 completely separate machines.
I am not making any further comments as to what ANY seller does or does not do on eBay.  I could care less.  If ANY seller on eBay is doing the wrong thing, then report it.  If you purchased a TOM and the seller is refusing to sell, then take it to VCAT.

I understand you had an unpleasant purchase of 1 machine 18 months or so ago.  You made it very well known on here.  Its made clear that its a case of 'buyer beware' and goes for any machine on eBay.

So you're not making personal insults by the throw away remark about Sesame St?  Is this the second or third time you've posted that throw away remark?

**Oh and just for the record, I've got nothing to do with the seller Oscar, other than I've bought about 4 machines.  I inspect in person and purchase accordingly.**

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 08:02:56 PM »
lesson,buyer and bidder beware &^&chill dudes

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 08:05:47 PM »
I would like a TOM one day, hence why I've been watching them and keeping an eye on prices.

The TOM which I had on my watch list with the bids was

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320735541913

The TOM which has a BIN or make offer was

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Theater-Magic-Pinball-Machine-Great-Condition-/320741814806?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item4aadb3b216

Going by the photos they appear to be two different machines.

Other commercial sellers have pins on eBay right now with a $3995 BIN and also at auction with a $0.99 start for the same machine.  Do you start threads about these as well?

eBay has a reporting function.  Use it.

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
funny that the two different machines are sitting next to a dr who.

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
funny that the two different machines are sitting next to a dr who.

Yep, saw that.  Lets not get started about photos being recycled on eBay or stupid things being put in the photos.

I understand what you are saying.  I am as weary as anyone when it comes to machines being listed, relisted etc.

Have a close look at ALL photos in the links provided comparing machines.

1.  The TOM sold ($1 start) has noticeable insert wear around the "A" & "T" in Theatre.  Also check the slings plastics.  Finally check the "Metaphorphius" insert (below haunted hallway).  You'll note that 1/2 is gone.
2.  The TOM listed in the other link does not have the wear in the "A" & "T" in Theatre.  New or unchipped sling plastics.  No wear on the "Metaphorphius" insert.

I am not in a position to say whether the 1st machine has had these things fixed then reslisted etc...I do know however when I picked up my Fish Tales about 4 weeks ago, I looked at two separate TOM's.

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
yes,marty,he clearly states he has two tom.case closed.decide for yourself.i am just making an observation of the practice that goes on with e-bay sales.and newbies beware.i too want a tom,but will not pay $4500 BIN for any pin.unseen.

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
yes,marty,he clearly states he has two tom.case closed.decide for yourself.i am just making an observation of the practice that goes on with e-bay sales.and newbies beware.i too want a tom,but will not pay $4500 BIN for any pin.unseen.

Well, by your posts I interpreted that you were implying that the first TOM sold ($1) had been relisted and was the same machine as the TOM listed at $4500?  Am I correct?

After the bad transaction you had with the SMB purchase, why would you even consider this one?  I don't just understand.

Nino has a very very nice TOM.  Why not send him a PM and make an offer.  At least with Nino's pins you know what you are getting and can buy with confidence site unseen.

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
i have bought 2 machines of nino and would buy again.and yes the two machines are the same.i will stand corrected if oscar(a member here) or the top bidder responds here.