Author Topic: SWC 94 resto  (Read 1589 times)

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: SWC 94 resto
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2011, 07:51:40 AM »
ok new soccerball. these things are stupidly over priced for a peice of rubber. but unfortunatly its such a big part of the machine. an old crappy ball makes the whole machine look crap

Have the pentagons and lines marked on the original soccer ball been touched up at some point? They look quite uneven, as though someone has used a marker to redo them?

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2011, 02:58:16 PM »
Definately an 'aftermarket' mod   *)*
The original ones looked the same as the new ones except the black lines went all the way to the bottom of the ball
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 03:07:53 PM by ktm450 »

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2011, 05:13:10 PM »
ok new soccerball. these things are stupidly over priced for a peice of rubber. but unfortunatly its such a big part of the machine. an old crappy ball makes the whole machine look crap

Have the pentagons and lines marked on the original soccer ball been touched up at some point? They look quite uneven, as though someone has used a marker to redo them?
yer mate some one hit them with some paint at some point, and like so many wcs games the ball had worn around the base. so hence why i bought a new ball. cheers

ok here we have a terminator headbox soon to be my wcs headbox, the back is all cracked as you can see, i have a sheet of board to replace the back, need to do some filling on the sides as there are chips and so on, it is in reasonable condition if you take the fact the back is foocked, lol im just about to the pry the back off and replace today and fill the chips up and get it ready for paint, will get some decals made up for the headbox to finish it.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2011, 05:51:29 PM »
Ok let the filling begin,

Here is something the holden boys will reconise seeing its a 100% genuine holden part, aka Bog. but to the ford guys here dont hold it against me for putting holden parts on my pinball,  lol
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 06:02:00 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2011, 07:41:55 PM »
Old BOMBA went to allot of effort putting his name into this machine, lol was a nice deep engraving all filled up now sorry bomba

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2011, 09:29:59 PM »
Good thing you know how to prep for paint them some nasty scratches by bomba....

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2011, 09:34:03 PM »
this corner was the worst bit, the chip took out a few laminates in the timber, it had a prety hard knock at some point, anyways smooth as a babies bottom now, with all the chips, grafity, corners and edges all nice, its ready for a prime, and paint. back board just needs the vent holes cut out and mesh reinstalled. i turned the entire garage up side down looking for a hole saw. thats 2 hours of my life i want back and no bloody hole saw. ahhhhhhhh so a trip to the hardware on monday me thinks,

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2011, 09:59:41 PM »
Good thing you know how to prep for paint them some nasty scratches by bomba....

"bomba" did a pretty good job, he is truely an artist he made it all the way through a veneer
i know these things headboxes are bolted together but they tend to leave a horid join, so i will wood glue the box together, sika the inside joins keep the bolts for authentic look and smooth over the joins outside so it looks one peice.

oh one question, if any one knows, is the orignal black on the wcs headbox matt black or gloss black
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 10:15:56 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Duckman

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2011, 10:24:57 PM »

[/quote]

oh one question, if any one knows, is the orignal black on the wcs headbox matt black or gloss black

[/quote]

Tends to be half way between, I used satin black on mine but the brand that i used has since changed formula and is now more matt.
Still on the hunt for a good satin.  :tumble:

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2011, 10:40:21 PM »

[/quote]

Tends to be half way between, I used satin black on mine but the brand that i used has since changed formula and is now more matt.
Still on the hunt for a good satin.  :tumble:
[/quote]

ok cheers is that from a can? i am going to hit it with the gun, i was considering 2 paking the bastard gloss, but might be a little too stand outish so might hit it with an acrylic satin or mat then, after i epoxy prime it.

Offline Duckman

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2011, 10:56:16 PM »
It was, Plasticote was the brand. Made 5 minutes down the road from me in Nottinghill.  The changed the can years ago and then the paint itself a couple years back.....not impressed. ^.^

Have tried many brands in the meantime, from the $2 buck shop stuff to $20 a can and still can't quite get the right finish.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2011, 07:47:42 PM »
ok got a bit of work done on the old terminator headbox. now its ready for the swc decals. just need to get my old head box off and scanned. any ways need to stil ldrill out the vents, once the glue inside dry's ill mess around reinstalling the back plate for mounting the boards too. took a few hours getting good coat of paint, needed allot of primer that wood sucks the paint up, from factory they didnt take to much attention to detail on the wood finish, i can see why its sort of gloss and sort of mat finish they didnt use primer on the wood where they painted the black, infact they didnt even sand the wood, you can see the mill marks and its actually prety average qaulity in workmanship to be honest, so that took a a fair bit of sanding and prep, turned out good
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 07:51:40 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2011, 08:01:17 PM »
incase wondering why i went to the trouble of fixing up another headbox, well this is only a small part of the reason, this pic shows how shite my current swc headbox is, lol

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2011, 09:04:00 PM »
ok i cheated here a little. i was getting the shits with constantly filling and sanding the front edge, so i used the old iron on edge tape. much better finish any ways and bit more hard wearing.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2011, 10:18:57 PM »
Your doin well Mate