Author Topic: SWC 94 resto  (Read 1689 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
SWC 94 resto
« on: October 10, 2011, 03:04:22 PM »
ok thanx to tony at pinball shed selling me a complete bargain and prety tidy swc machine.
Ill do a strip down of the playfield re- art the cab and head box. but everything else is prety shmiko, all working great,
the headbox will be swapped with new one supplied, as the old headbox has some swelling.
wil lpost before pictures very soon,
just having a few hours game play before i start, really happy with purchase, great game.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
Re: SWC 94 resto
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 03:54:23 PM »
ok guy heres the what i have atm, will get some better pictures when i finish playing, only one plastic needs replacing so far and the goaly could be re-used but ill replace as there are plenty of them available on the net, rest are great and some new plastics were already installed, which makes life easy. oh and
playfield is prety good will need very little touchups, and should polish up very nicely

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 04:26:06 PM »
ok under the playfield is nice and clean all the mech work was already done with brand new flipper assembly's installed and many new coils added, after the playfield is striped and cleaned and everything goes back in, i will replace the kickout insert as its all faded and looks a bit average, no big deal really, wil lrekit the playfield with Led's to make it a bit more modern will be a combo of clear white,blue and purple led, instead of the current glass globes with yellow globe covers which looks a little tacky imo.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 04:28:19 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 04:39:24 PM »
ok the inside cab is very dirty but its all just dirt and dust, will clean up easy. looks like it has been in storage with no playfield, so its collected allot of dust, Ill clean it out and seal it.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 10:36:02 PM »
ok, striped down playfield and the missus is at work with the novus, im polishing all the bits and peices and this machine has allot of bits, the wire ramp was a sun of biatch to polish but its like new now, done a tonne of polishing and a tonne more togo.
sanded out the inside of the cab and its all painted.
will start with the new headboard latter but tonight is polish and more polish seeing the inside cab is done and wires are back in place. get this playfeild looking nice and back together, my days off are monday tuesdays, so thats what i will be doing on my days off i guess, will post pics soon. ps i am very much a amatuer so it wont be one of the best resto's in the world im still learning.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 01:41:10 AM »
picture of inside cab now

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 10:04:57 AM »
Huge improvement there on the inside of the cab . Looking forward to some after pics of the playfield .
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 12:18:18 PM »
Huge improvement there on the inside of the cab . Looking forward to some after pics of the playfield .

thank you mate, yer the dirt and crap wasnt very nice. sanded it out and sealed it up.

ok here is the nasty bits of the machine.
as you can see some worn plastics, a broken plastic, a goalie that has done one to many saves. and rusty lock down bar.
and a little wear around this pop out whole with the worn plastic.
pretty much that is it on the playfield side. which im prety happy with. have ordered a new goalie and and few other plastics so that good

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 12:28:30 PM »
Wow coming along very nice and its such a fun game how are the ramps? need replacing or just a good clean?

Peter

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 12:40:09 PM »
ramps are prety good actually, the decals on them are good, were a little yellow on the plastic but they polished up nice and clear, so that is helpfull, the wire ramp was horid, but that buffed up really awesome. mostly beside a clean the plastics are good except the ones shown above. most of the let down with the looks was dirty metal parts that just needed a buff, plus the crappy style screws they used to hold down plastics and ramps and what not, bally just used zinc screws and they looks shite now they have gone oxidised, going to go down the to the bolt shop and buy some stainless screws which will make it look allot nicer and in some places use some allan screws to really give some nice finish. the screws they used on these machines was a big let down as they are very visable.

and yes its a very fun game, i hate soccer big time but its made into a good pinball thats for sure.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 12:53:34 PM »

Looking good. Seems all the WCS94 games are filthy - but it will come up a treat - I'm sure  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 01:07:15 PM »
lol yer, and the plastics that are crappy seem to be in the same places,

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 02:19:28 PM »
Looking good so far Jason
     This is a great game and well worth the effort.   I can't stand soccer but whenever I see one of tear inalways have a game.

Cabinet has come up well look forward to the rest

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 02:20:10 AM »
Looking good so far Jason
     This is a great game and well worth the effort.   I can't stand soccer but whenever I see one of tear inalways have a game.

Cabinet has come up well look forward to the rest

thank you mate,

also if any one is after a new soccer ball for their wcs94 they are back in stock http://www.marcospecialties.com/product.asp?ic=23%2D6709#

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 08:28:15 PM »
out of interest how do i change game from free play to normal play?