Author Topic: Just wondering, how long have Aussie Pinballer’s been collecting pinball machine  (Read 562 times)

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Just wondering, how long have Aussie Pinballer’s been collecting pinball machines?

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
I think I bought my first one when I was 16 or 17
I am now 45  @@^
So that makes it 28 or so years this hobby has been a drain on my bank account  *!@

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
(great thread Pete)

I have only been collecting for 3 years.  ^^^ 

Never even saw a pinball machine anywhere between the ages of 7 yrs and 38 yrs, then started collecting apx 3 yrs ago. (I am 41 yrs old).

I always find it bizzare that i never even saw a pinball machine anywhere for over 31 years, which is amazing, but shows how rare pinball machines really are. (and I used to be in Real Estate and look at thousands of property's ever year as well !)  !@#

Only 3 years.  ^^^

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Just a couple of years for me.
Originally I was only going to buy one, that will be fine I told myself. Well that didn't last long at all.
It will always be a small collection but it is great family fun time.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Just over ten years since I bought my first game, although I spent a year trying to find it. You know, that one game I loved in my youth, that's all it started out to be.

They breed much quicker than I thought possible.....
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Originally I was only going to buy one, that will be fine I told myself. Well that didn't last long at all.

Seems we we were typing pretty much the same thing at the same time!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
 @@*
Great minds think alike.
I am stoked to own a few pins.
I grew up with them all around the local fish n chips and arcades when I was a kid and even then..I always told myslef one day I would own one of these....one day.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Just over 2 years since I got my first one.
I was looking for one for about 18 months before that.
Funny everyone says the same thing, "I was only going to buy one"
I think the more you have, the more keep coming.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat

Seems we we were typing pretty much the same thing at the same time!

Pinballs are like potato chips, you cannot stop at one

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
I've wanted to own one since I was a kid, but I got my first pinball 3 months ago, now I have 3 lol

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
For the vote - needs a change between 1-2 years or collecting less than 2 years.

For me it is 18 months, like alot of others was just going to be one, then two and now 4 - run out of room now, so starting to design reno's - new kitchen for my wife and a games room for the pinnies.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
Got my first machine in the late 80's.. was an IMMACULATE Segasa TRAVEL TIME. Sold it approx 3 yrs ago for $1700

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
I've wanted to own one since I was a kid, but I got my first pinball 3 months ago, now I have 3 lol

Hmm, you have particularly good breeders there - maybe should put one out to stud??

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:

Hmm, you have particularly good breeders there - maybe should put one out to stud??

ahaha good call

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
First machine at 13 and im 30 now so 17years thats a scary thought