Author Topic: I WOULD LIKE MY FIRST GAME TO BE A MID 60'S TO MID 70'S PINBALL!!  (Read 1376 times)

sabojams

• Trade Count: (0)
Hello from the northern suburbs of Melbourne Victoria, specifically Reservoir East. Looking for a Gottlieb or Bally pin that has been restored or is in total excellent condition. A simple electro magnetic game for a simple start to my playing enjoyment. Budget around 2 thousand to maybe more depending on the circumstances. Have been looking overseas but shipment could be a problem although there are positives ( prices ). Thank you for letting me join this important and interesting community. sabojams  *%*

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Welcome to AUSSIE PINBALL Shouldnt have to much trouble finding a good working em in your budget sadly I'm unable to help.   Good luck with the search

Offline dontlikepinball

• Forum Posts:
any reason other then nostalgia for a 60/70's pin? will you be fixing things yourself or relying on a tech?? 2k is plenty, more then plenty. dont buy overseas theres tooooo many things involved just for one pin. em owners tend to hoard more then others and it can be tough gaining access but joining here and places like this is a good start.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Welcome sabojams,

A top condition mid 60's game will cost around the budget you are talking. Its all dependant on title, for instance a Gottlieb Bank A ball will set you back around $1200+ for a non working project, good condition 50's machine.. add a grand to 2 grand minimum. 70's titles tend to come in cheaper as there are more about... been  a few Drop A card's about lately for around $1200 working.. classic Gottlieb drop target games... good buying id say

sabojams

Thanks, great advice!!
sabojams

sabojams

any reason other then nostalgia for a 60/70's pin? will you be fixing things yourself or relying on a tech?? 2k is plenty, more then plenty. dont buy overseas theres tooooo many things involved just for one pin. em owners tend to hoard more then others and it can be tough gaining access but joining here and places like this is a good start.
Hello, this is sabojams and I just want to start with a simple game. I cannot restore a pin but I'm fussy about condition.
Great advice and thank you.

sabojams

Welcome to AUSSIE PINBALL Shouldnt have to much trouble finding a good working em in your budget sadly I'm unable to help.   Good luck with the search
Thanks for your honesty and reply!!

Offline oldpins

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane North QLD
    • oldpinballs.com
 $.$ sabojam &  %)%. A single player wedgeheads is a good start, they are not as complicated. Great to see another EM fan. Keep your eye out on this site or Ebay, where one may come up in the condition you want. 

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Welcome and good luck with your hunt. Mighty even be able to pick up two in a bundle deal for that money if you run across the right person.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
 $.$ amd  %)% to Aussie Pinball !

East Reservoir - My old "stamping ground"  ^^^

Don't buy overseas - no need - there PLENTY of EMs around locally, and you should easily find a game either on eBay or privately without an issue. As Gavin mentioned, there's been a few "Drop-A-card"s going cheap. It is a buyer's market, so take your time. $2000 will easily buy you an EM with change. If you are fussy and you want to play a game straight away, you will want a restored machine. Use eBay as guide, get you post count above 20 to view the trading section on this forum and ask plenty of questions.

Don't buy on impulse -Do some groundwork first to avoid the pitfalls !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Steevsee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Hi and welcome to the forum. %)%

Good luck with your search. ^^^

Offline goodolddays