Author Topic: NSW pinball championship Discussion ?  (Read 536 times)

ilovesilverballs

• Trade Count: (0)
NSW pinball championship Discussion ?
« on: November 10, 2011, 01:13:45 PM »
Easy to find peace and quiet elsewhere when it comes to pinball!!

This seems like a good site though very quiet on recent visit to Sydney from Gary Stern and no mention of the NSW pinball championship either.   *!@

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 01:27:59 PM »
Easy to find peace and quiet elsewhere when it comes to pinball!!

This seems like a good site though very quiet on recent visit to Sydney from Gary Stern and no mention of the NSW pinball championship either.   *!@

The "what" and the "what"  ?

Obviously not promoted very well - maybe they should have advertised the events  :tumble:
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

ilovesilverballs

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 01:57:36 PM »
Yes i guess they should have advertised here as AMD are on this forum too and were a sponsor of the event. I read about it on AA, im also a member there  !^!

It just surprised me that a site claiming to be so "active" when it comes to pinball knew nothing about it    !@# :tumble: :tumble:

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 02:24:08 PM »

It just surprised me that a site claiming to be so "active" when it comes to pinball knew nothing about it    !@# :tumble: :tumble:

Sorry, your comment is ignorant. Strangeway's comment "The "what" and the "what"  ?" was sarcastic. Knowing of an event that is not being promoted on this forum (or promoted well anywhere) is somewhat different to not knowing of an event.  
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 02:30:59 PM »
Maybe Gary Stern should put in an e-mail that he is visiting Australia

ilovesilverballs

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 02:34:47 PM »
Sorry, your comment is ignorant. Strangeway's comment "The "what" and the "what"  ?" was sarcastic. Knowing of an event that is not being promoted on this forum (or promoted well anywhere) is somewhat different to not knowing of an event.  

Ignorant?  *!@ *!@

If someone here knew of the event, why wouldn't you put the word out? If anything for the benefit of pinball fans here who are not on AA, a forum where the event was promoted very well.

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 02:35:08 PM »

It just surprised me that a site claiming to be so "active" when it comes to pinball knew nothing about it    !@# :tumble: :tumble:

Exactly. The event was not promoted by the organizers. It is not our job to canvas Pinball identities to locate pinball events and encourage them to advertise on a forum.

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 02:37:13 PM »

Ignorant?  *!@ *!@

If someone here knew of the event, why wouldn't you put the word out? If anything for the benefit of pinball fans here who are not on AA, a forum where the event was promoted very well.

Why don't you email the organizers and ask them why they didn't promote the event or at least INFORM pinball groups, forums etc  !@#

ilovesilverballs

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 02:40:14 PM »

Exactly. The event was not promoted by the organizers. It is not our job to canvas Pinball identities to locate pinball events and encourage them to advertise on a forum.

With this mentality id be surprised if any pinball news would make it to this forum  :tumble:

Who mentioned anything about pinball identities? Whatever that means anyway. This is the premier pinball forum isn't it?  Would have been a good chance to backup that claim.

ilovesilverballs

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 02:41:06 PM »
Why don't you email the organizers and ask them why they didn't promote the event or at least INFORM pinball groups, forums etc  !@#

Why dont you? AP members are the ones that missed out on a great day

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 02:44:55 PM »

Because you are raising the question, and you want the answers. The event has passed, so there's not much I can do about it, is there ?

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 02:48:33 PM »

@ilovebigballs

You seem to be the only one concerned that the event was not promoted here. I do not see anyone here that is shattered that they missed out on this. Maybe go share your concerns with the other 3 or 4 pinball supporters on AA so you can all share a Kleenex together.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 02:51:54 PM »
the thread on AA was only posted 3 weeks ago, hardly time to organise a trip intersatate

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 02:52:54 PM »
I can see 'ilovesilverballs' point BUT (from what I knew of the event) it really seemed like it was a chest beating & sales promotion excercise targeting operators.

I could be wrong - I was once  <.>
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 02:53:18 PM »

With this mentality id be surprised if any pinball news would make it to this forum  :tumble:

Who mentioned anything about pinball identities? Whatever that means anyway. This is the premier pinball forum isn't it?  Would have been a good chance to backup that claim.

So in your view, we should have called the organizers, inquired if they have any upcoming events, if the answer is "yes", asked them to advertise on AP so that we can lay claim to being the "Premier Pinball Forum". &^&

Since when does an event that is not promoted define a forum's status ?

This forum does not rely on unorganized events, to function as a thriving community. It is the willingness of the members to share their experience and knowledge on all things pinball. Obviously, you would be better served in another environment.