Author Topic: Attack from Mars  (Read 2284 times)

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
Attack from Mars
« on: December 31, 2011, 03:39:51 PM »
Would anyone really pay $12 500 for this game ? Or would a buyer spending this sort of money be more inclined for one restored to factory standard ?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ATTACK-MARS-/110801748249?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item19cc4c8119

Either way, stunning machine, but a lot of money.

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Re: Attack from Mars
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 03:42:46 PM »
Alot of $$$ for this title

I know what he paid for this pin when he brought it from Zaxs a few months ago
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Replay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 03:58:07 PM »
a lot of work, parts and time to complete...

and then site it in a pub  *!@

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 05:06:49 PM »
a lot of work, parts and time to complete...

and then site it in a pub  *!@
+1,i had to read the add a couple of times to make sure i understood it in regards to the pin being put on site.Machine looks great and maybe someone will fork out the dollars,but how good will it look in a few months after being on site,does not make sense to me to put all the work into it and to do that  ^&^.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 05:20:55 PM »
I really do not like the colored saucers

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 05:29:15 PM »
I played this yesterday. I actually met him there as well - seems a very nice and reasonable guy and said that he spent a good month on it doing the restore and curently doing up a few others.

I know he paid $4.5k a little while ago for the original machine and then pimped this machine out, better than NIB - new playfield, cabinet painted, new cabinet decals, painting all the aliens, all the saucers have led kits, where you hit the mother ship has like run way style led kits along the sides, chromed rails and lockdown bar, powdercoated legs, leds in the backbox for the eyes of the aliens, subwoofer kit, shaker kit, full leds and he is putting in a green shade to the display as well all new of everything and it was only sited 2 days ago. This machine lights up like a xmas tree even has epileptic warning sticker on it. It is an amazing machine but one I never could afford but he aims at the collector and his machines show up regularly just recently - WH20 a few weeks ago for $5.5k and a Tron LE for around the $9k.

If anyone is around play it before it goes.

Out of my budget.

Forgot to add - it has the mirror sides on the inside of cabinet and the back decal above the playfield. Just played his Iron Man today which was also pimped out. Check out this thread on a few photos I posted of his Iron Man. Next to it is a pimped Spiderman - blue painted items not quite my thing but the Iron Man looked awesome.
http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=7670.msg101299;topicseen#msg101299

He also operates as LA Games putting a heap of machines in pubs around Newcastle and Sydney, with most being pimped out to varying degrees and then seems to on sell them within 3 months from what I have watched.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 05:54:00 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 05:41:19 PM »
Good to see an operator put quality machines on site.

Great game, will be interesting to see whether it sells for these $'s

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 05:55:33 PM »
I think the saucers are garish, and the martians look best, well, green like they came. Chrome looks nice though. I suspect someone will pull the trigger on this game but sure doesn't appeal to me, kinda ruins the look of it for me.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 05:59:32 PM »
Stunning machine for sure but wouldn't it be cheaper than 12.5k to find a ok afm for fair $$$ and send it down to tim at hotrod for the treatment?
IMO he is dreaming at that price but it is a beauty and someone may be prepared to shell out that sort of mullah for it.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 06:00:23 PM »
I have seen good AFM's sell for $5000 to $6500.  If u are desperate, up to $8,000 for something that looks like BNIB.

Personally, I have played both, and I like a Pin2000 Revenge from Mars, more.

$12,5000 for that Ebay machine is crazy money. Will it sell for that, ?? crazy things always happen. Ya never know !
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 06:08:37 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2012, 09:37:07 PM »

Brett   , think you added a extra 0 there

still new playfield , new decals and so much other work done it should get close to asking price

they do sell with playfield wear for under half that , seen a couple sell last year

still rate as a top 5 pin ever made

RFM is growing on me but sorry Bret  comes a long way behind AFm  for me

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 09:44:50 PM »
just spoke to a mate in QLD who sold a jap delivered AFM for 9 grand, and it sold very quickly apparently.  seems people will pay $$ for a AFM.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2012, 09:48:23 PM »
just spoke to a mate in QLD who sold a jap delivered AFM for 9 grand, and it sold very quickly apparently.  seems people will pay $$ for a AFM.

very few come up for sale

most of us hang onto them

with new playfields around again , the ones with playfield wear will go up as you can replace it
i think most parts you can now get , you could probably build your own from another wpc95 if you really wanted to

Offline pinmadd

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 07:12:35 AM »
A new AFM playfield just went for $1700us  on e-bay

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 08:45:29 AM »
$12500 is a very serious amount of moolah... anyone that pays this for any pinball be it blinged with LED, polished to mirror or gives blow jobs has either so much money that it has no real value anymore, or has rocks in their head... ridiculous asking price