Author Topic: AC/DC PINBALL ORDERS  (Read 3907 times)

Offline snapperjoe

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth W.A
    • Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusement Hire
AC/DC PINBALL ORDERS
« on: January 17, 2012, 11:14:48 PM »
Hi Guys,

Most of you would already know this but it has been real busy week and a half for this pinball title. As a result, after checking with the other Australian agents and Bruce, all AC/DC L/E orders have now been exhausted. The interest has been overwhelming and we are very fortunate to have been able to supply the numbers we have.

Hence, the only models that are now available will be the Pro Models at $5950 and the Premium Models at $8200.

The Pro models start to arrive in Australia around the 25th January with the Premium models expected towards the end of March.

I hope to be able to supply photos of the Premium models and the L/E's as soon as they are available.

Many thanks to those that have already placed their orders and secured their machines. Cant wait to receive this long overdue title.

Regards,

Joe Tripoli
Kids Just Wanna Have fun amusement Hire Perth
www.amusements4kids.com.au
0408 855722
Joe Tripoli
Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusement Hire Perth
www.amusements4kids.com.au
0408 855722
Stern Pinball Agent For Perth and WA

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: AC/DC PINBALL ORDERS
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 11:51:16 PM »

That's really fantastic news, Joe. This license was always going to be a big seller for Stern and its distributors !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Replay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 12:50:43 AM »
good stuff, big title Stern and for pinball  ^^^

wait... the hater's who love to hate will kick the **it out of it soon
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 12:57:22 AM by Replay »

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 03:17:18 PM »
good stuff, big title Stern and for pinball  ^^^

wait... the hater's who love to hate will kick the **it out of it soon

Yes, it is fantastic news for all concerned & pinball generally.

I REALLY wish I had the space and the capital to add one to my collection.
All my mates who have ordered one are now on the "To Visit Soon" list.

As for the "haters for hate's sake" I reckon some of it is sour grapes, some of it is boredom & wanting create a bubble and some of it is because they are  !!@ s who need to change hands.

PP
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:49:40 PM by Pinprick »
"I don't operate on a level playing field"

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 04:03:11 PM »
This is a HUGE title for both Stern & AC/DC, vids that are online in the last 24hrs are awesome!. Well done to SR for a fast flowing playfield design. Gameplay combined with the complete music tracks make this the best title Stern has released in some years.

This title will rock, and most who purchase this title will never sell. Looking at reported sales numbers the LE of this title has sold out FASTER than any other new stern release.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 06:23:17 PM »
This is a HUGE title for both Stern & AC/DC, vids that are online in the last 24hrs are awesome!. Well done to SR for a fast flowing playfield design. Gameplay combined with the complete music tracks make this the best title Stern has released in some years.

This title will rock, and most who purchase this title will never sell. Looking at reported sales numbers the LE of this title has sold out FASTER than any other new stern release.
+1, I thought Transformers was a big improvement on some of their recent releases,but this is in my opinion another step up on that.Playfield layout is what i like in a pin,for me Lord Of The Rings and Iron Man would be the only Stern titles after 2000 that i would consider buying.I really want to see the Premium model to see what the mini playfield has in it as well as the other extras.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 07:17:43 PM »
I dont think anyone HATES the machine, but ALOT of people don't like the colours of the machine. That doesnt mean the AC/DC title wont be a good player with great shots and great music, because the music alone was always going to carry this title.

I have spoken to ALOT of people about the AC/DC pinball. A dozen people who said they were going to buy the machine no matter what, and have been keen for years, have said they will NOT be ordering one until they see it in the flesh because they find the playfield ugly, and dont like the colours at all. AND then there are quite a few people who were never going to order a AC/DC pinball because they didnt think the music alone would be good enough to carry the machine BUT have decided to sell a few games and just buy one anyway and take a punt site unseen.

(I am sort of with the "wait til i see it in the flesh first" crowd, but the $5950 model is looking OK). But almost every collector I know is frantically selling a few titles out of their collections to buy a AC/DC pinball and have just taken the punt. I even spoke to a few people today from Brisbane who are just buying a few to put onsite, hoping it collects good coin, and the machine will owe them next to nicks in a year or two's time.

I personally am justy hoping it looks better in the flesh anbd th3e music is great enough to make it a definate keeper, which will probably be the same for most.
I think everyone really is waiting to see one in the flesh. That will be the defining day for alot of people sitting on the fence.

It is great the STERN agents are getting alot of good orders.  ^^^
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 08:26:08 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 07:58:26 PM »
On all honesty, im not sure theres time to sit on the fence here.
With the LE's selling out that fast, its  a case of buy one while you have the chance or miss out..

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 08:03:13 PM »
i think the LE is too much money, hence the Pro model at $5950 is a good buy ? the premium is BIG money Gav.

Not sure its worth that extra coin, but alot of others will spend it and be happy.  ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 08:19:40 PM »
Absolutely... too rich for me, but watch it sell!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 08:23:30 PM »
I am being told, EVERYTHING SOLD OUT, when it comes to the 200 only models, and the 300 only models. But Snapper Joe says there are some left which is good.

STERN will have to re-release some of the higher premium models due to the massive interest and alot of people still want to order more.

I cant wait to see some of the blinged out modded versions.  

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 10:15:47 PM »
the ACDC premiums  don't have a production run # ( which I think is the first time since IM) so they can continue  to
make those for some time to come....
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 10:21:35 PM »
the ACDC premiums  don't have a production run # ( which I think is the first time since IM) so they can continue  to
make those for some time to come....
+1 I spoke to Bruce recently and he advised that the Premium model will not be restricted in numbers.This title will be a cash cow for Stern so you would expect them to make as many as required.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 10:23:11 PM »
so which ones are only 200, and which ones are only 300 made.  !@#

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 10:29:39 PM »
so which ones are only 200, and which ones are only 300 made.  !@#

LE models.