Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 30630 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #360 on: March 09, 2012, 04:32:56 PM »
I just got a very interesting email back from Steve in regards to the angus face please see below:

Hi Peter,

Thanks for being a fan. 

The face was NEVER going to be on the LE.  It isn't a flat piece of plywood like the Pro playfield; it has 3 dimensional parts like targets, plastics, ball guides, etc.  the face would not have fit there BUT...even it could be fit there it wouldn't.  My lower playfield (and it is mine, to do what I wish with, you understand, I am sure, MINE.  My GAME!) was always meant to be "HELL", glow red and have a fire-based creature curse and commend you as the player.  I am the voice of the creature and it's a lot like the voice of No Fear.

You will love your LE, and there are plenty of Angus images throughout the game!

I hope you will not fret about this anymore.

If you love the face so much, buy a Pro to sit next to your LE! :<))

I appreciate that you are a fan, but I am the designer of AC/DC pinball.  I did my best to make a great game, and I think you will be overwhelmed when you see it.  The LE is simply the most exciting and attractive pinball machine ever made!!!

Steve Ritchie

Interesting hey Peter

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #361 on: March 09, 2012, 04:40:32 PM »
I just got a very interesting email back from Steve in regards to the angus face please see below:

Hi Peter,

Thanks for being a fan. 

The face was NEVER going to be on the LE.  It isn't a flat piece of plywood like the Pro playfield; it has 3 dimensional parts like targets, plastics, ball guides, etc.  the face would not have fit there BUT...even it could be fit there it wouldn't.  My lower playfield (and it is mine, to do what I wish with, you understand, I am sure, MINE.  My GAME!) was always meant to be "HELL", glow red and have a fire-based creature curse and commend you as the player.  I am the voice of the creature and it's a lot like the voice of No Fear.

You will love your LE, and there are plenty of Angus images throughout the game!

I hope you will not fret about this anymore.

If you love the face so much, buy a Pro to sit next to your LE! :<))

I appreciate that you are a fan, but I am the designer of AC/DC pinball.  I did my best to make a great game, and I think you will be overwhelmed when you see it.  The LE is simply the most exciting and attractive pinball machine ever made!!!

Steve Ritchie

Interesting hey Peter

I wonder if he is the designer  %.%
Angus has gone to  !*!
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinballheaven

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #362 on: March 09, 2012, 04:40:58 PM »
Pete,

Can't argue with a response like that! Very straight forward and direct indeed and good on him for responding in such a timely manner! ^^^

Jeff

Offline piesrule

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #363 on: March 09, 2012, 05:06:46 PM »
Pete,

Can't argue with a response like that! Very straight forward and direct indeed and good on him for responding in such a timely manner! ^^^

Jeff
I agree

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #364 on: March 09, 2012, 06:13:50 PM »
Got to respect the passion he has for what he has designed, great to see. Thanks for sharing Peter.

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #365 on: March 09, 2012, 06:41:58 PM »
Hey Peter you should have asked him if no Face was ever going to be there then why did HE leave those stupid inserts in there ?.At least you got a response from somebody at Stern,as i have not recieved a reply from my issues with the final machine which was 3 days ago. ^&^.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #366 on: March 09, 2012, 07:06:05 PM »
YES, Steve Ritchie is a straight shooter thats for sure. I like that, the world needs more direct and blatantly honest people.

It is becoming more and more apparent that the lighting, together with the software, and the voices coming from the hell area, that Steve's design has incorporated all of these things in his decision making. Accordingly, it gives me 100 times more the confidence that the LE is going to even more special, and what some  think is bland now down in the bottom playfield, (only cause we have pictures only to see) when the LE turns up in person, its going to be a WINNER. I would trust Steves call on this, hence them redesigning a red horns plastic down there etc.

Trust in the King of Pinball, and he shall deliver. ! (The Pro IS special, the LE will be EXCELLENT as well.
*Now i know more from the email Pete shared, I have changed my mind about the look of the bottom playfield. Its just too much a stretch to judge the LE yet without seeing the thing in person, just like the Pro and the Angus head, the Angus head looks great. I think the LE will look great too ! Steve Ritchie is a legend !  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 07:28:23 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #367 on: March 10, 2012, 01:04:06 AM »
Hey Peter you should have asked him if no Face was ever going to be there then why did HE leave those stupid inserts in there ?.At least you got a response from somebody at Stern,as i have not recieved a reply from my issues with the final machine which was 3 days ago. ^&^.

maybe its meant to represent Angus is in rock hell or something similar and tounge in cheek fun ? (dont alot of people assosciate rock n roll music with the devil.lol  %.%)

Punter, are u still selling your LE and which LE did u buy ?

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #368 on: March 10, 2012, 09:42:22 AM »
Hey Brett,yes i am selling for the reasons i have stated in a previous post.I think this is going to be a very good game but for me they got it 80% spot on and had they put more effort in to some of the finished extras i would have kept it.I ordered the Rock version and i think both versions look good.I was going to bring it home and sell later but i thought if someone else is on a waiting list it would be fair to give them the chance to buy.I only want to get back my deposit of $7250 as this will sit in my pin fund and i will wait and see what new releases come out in the future from JJ and Stern.I only want to buy NIB so if a title is something i like and all the little things are done WELL i will buy it.I have contacted Bruce from AMD and am waiting to hear back from him in regards to the above.If he cannot find a buyer i will bring it home and sell later as i am sure once it arrives here there will be peole wanting to buy.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #369 on: March 10, 2012, 09:58:14 AM »
Deposit is $7250???...Bloody hell

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #370 on: March 10, 2012, 10:42:50 AM »

Why such a large deposit??

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #371 on: March 10, 2012, 11:57:04 AM »
That is a huge deposit

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #372 on: March 10, 2012, 02:19:48 PM »
That is a huge deposit

I guess,he doesnt have much to pay,when they are ready $#$

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #373 on: March 10, 2012, 03:17:43 PM »
I thought we had all been asked to go to that level,and yes Retropin i am with you a lot of cash to put down before i got to see any pic ect.My initial deposit was $3500 on the premium version i was going to buy at first,then when i changed to an LE i was asked to take it up to 5k.Then i was asked after a request from Stern to AMD to increase it to $7250 which i did the day after the request was made,I did everything that was asked in regards to payment increases,but then when i found out Stern decided that they were not going to do everything i thought they advertised to do,and not putting a few quality add ons ect i thought stuff it i am not totally happy and i am selling.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #374 on: March 10, 2012, 05:33:35 PM »
To my knowledge, the vast majority of us have paid the majority of the moneys off. Its fair enough, u cant expect Bruce from AMD to fork out for 2 containers of machines and not get some $ help towards the final costs. These deposits have helped keep the NIB prices down, which is a good thing.

I cant wait for my machine to turn up. Its like waiting for a xmas present.lol  ^^^