Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 30615 times)

Offline Richyrich

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #390 on: March 11, 2012, 04:31:41 PM »
It's a shame the LE has become a negitive topic I'm still positive about the finished product and am sure Steve will get it right.

Peter

Well said,Peter

I still think this will be a killer pin,as well

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #391 on: March 11, 2012, 05:34:58 PM »
It's a shame the LE has become a negitive topic I'm still positive about the finished product and am sure Steve will get it right.

Peter
While not a fan of the band, I do like the extra effort Stern is putting into the game
I know I will be knocking on your door wanting a game  <.>

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #392 on: March 11, 2012, 06:39:57 PM »

Peter
I did not mean to turn it into a negative topic Peter as i have only been posting my thoughts and i have no doubt it is going to be a cracking game to play.I never had an issue in regards to what gameplay would be like or the sound this is going to put out.I did not intend to downplay the good points on this game.It was a big call for me to cancel my order and i thought long and hard about it,in the end everyone has their opinions on the finished machine.I hope all the LE buyers are very happy with the machine and the next time i put up a post about the ACDC pin it will be about how great the vids are.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #393 on: March 11, 2012, 06:45:06 PM »
I dont think the LE is a negative topic. It has some negatives like all pinballs have both positives and negatives. I just think Stern needs to relook at the price difference between the Pro and the LE.
Remember the Transformers LE was/is $8200.  I am complaining about the extra $1100 on top of that LE price. Is the LE AC/DC ok at $8200 YES. But why the extra $1100.
I can only "assume" extra licencing fees or its a trial to see if the next LE will be sold for bigger money ? Are all LE's now going to be $9300 ?
Re Punter, I always knew Bruce would do the right thing.

And regarding deposits, all deposits by law are refundable, unless stated otherwise in writing. And even then, it has to meet state law, which would over rule that direction 95 times out of one hundred. Thats consumer law 101. U just have to look at consumer affairs, and each states legislation to see the various rules. It pays to get the terms n conditions in writing. Look at layby with any chain of supermarkets, everytime u have to sign the terms n conditions. If a product doesnt reach your expectations or do what u believed it would do, u can get a refund. It is extremely rare companies try to contract out of statute. I know the laws well cause i sell product to all states and have studied the legislation. The LE LTBRock will sell in 5 seconds. I havent heard of anyone else changing their minds. I think the extra speech on the LE and the light show plus other features will keep all LE owners happy.  I am just hoping the next LE returns to the Transformers pricing thats all.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #394 on: March 11, 2012, 08:22:07 PM »
Most of the extra dosh Brett would have been due to massive licensing fees no doubt having the rights to AC/DC would be very expensive, I know you guys arn't knocking the LE cause we really haven't seen the final product yet, I'm happy spending the cash mainly due to the theme I love acadaca do it's not a problem and yeah I'm confidant I'll love the final product.

Peter

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #395 on: March 11, 2012, 09:00:02 PM »

Peter
While not a fan of the band, I do like the extra effort Stern is putting into the game
I know I will be knocking on your door wanting a game  <.>

I reckon I may have lots of new friends lol

Peter

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #396 on: March 11, 2012, 09:33:01 PM »
I still hope we get to see some better pics of our Bibles,soon

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #397 on: March 11, 2012, 11:58:25 PM »
I still think they stuffed up the lower playfield on the LE  !*!

There's no doubt with the layout of the inserts that is a dead give away, to me it looks as if Stern have made a last minute decision & then have rushed the production of the LE's  <.>

however keeping with the positive vibe of this thread I will reserve my thoughts until I've seen and played an BIB or LTBR LE.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #398 on: March 12, 2012, 12:18:37 AM »
I am looking forward to playing this pin... ill be knocking at Caveys door for the grand opening of the ceremonial box and will have my $2 on the pin before the START button is pressed for the first game.
Theres no negative thread here... its all been said before with any other STERN release, and of course being a STERN there are those ( myself included) that will always have reservations.
Rather to the contrary.. i think the expectations are so high that anything thats not spewing adolation is seen as being negative. There are some BIG $$ handed over (Including desposits) and i sincerely hope that this title is everything that the owners want it to be.. many have put their necks on the line.. something id never be prepared to do.
Pinball is a balance of artwork and game play... thats what makes a GREAT machine.
The Steve Ritchie recipe is right.. the title is right... only Stern can cock this up now and for the future of pinball, i hope it outsells TAF a few times over.
Put it this way.... modern pinball has never had as good an opportunity as this to put pinball back in the frontline... the hype is huge... i now await the pin

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #399 on: March 12, 2012, 06:56:04 AM »
Good luck to all who are forking out so much cash for such a hyped up pin .
I hope to play one soon, but could never tie so much money up in one toy.

I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #400 on: March 12, 2012, 09:48:15 AM »
Good luck to all who are forking out so much cash for such a hyped up pin .
I hope to play one soon, but could never tie so much money up in one toy.

9k tied up on a pinball you call a toy what about cars alot of us do it and the return is no where near the outlay? I know guys that have 50k worth of pinballs so in the grand scheme of things it ain't huge.

Peter

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #401 on: March 12, 2012, 09:51:27 AM »
I still think they stuffed up the lower playfield on the LE  !*!

There's no doubt with the layout of the inserts that is a dead give away, to me it looks as if Stern have made a last minute decision & then have rushed the production of the LE's  <.>

however keeping with the positive vibe of this thread I will reserve my thoughts until I've seen and played an BIB or LTBR LE.

Things have gone abit quite on the LE's and yeah those eye and mouth inserts look out of place maybe there changing them? I'm changing my mind on the lower PF with the flames as there's also the the color changing LED's the voice from hell and most likely music playing so as a package it may surprise us.

Peter

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #402 on: March 12, 2012, 09:51:46 AM »

9k tied up on a pinball you call a toy what about cars alot of us do it and the return is no where near the outlay? I know guys that have 50k worth of pinballs so in the grand scheme of things it ain't huge.

Peter

No argument from me ..to each their own .. they are toys at the end of the day though . 50K in pins  ^%^
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #403 on: March 12, 2012, 06:37:25 PM »
 ^^^

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #404 on: March 12, 2012, 06:44:48 PM »
I'm just getting sick of reading comments like "shit you spent 9k on a pinball" yeah I did and I sold some games to be able to do that cause I always said if there's an AC/DC pinball I'll buy one and I did-I too don't care who has what that's never bothered me good luck to them I have what I have from hard work and I'm proud of it so should others that have achieved alot.

NOW SHOW MORE BLOODY LE PIC'S ITS KILLING ME.

Peter