Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 30180 times)

Offline indazone gav

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #540 on: April 04, 2012, 02:30:57 PM »
I like that as a topper  *%* I'd love to see a cannon mod that actually looks like a cannon. I am still undecided on a NIB either Pro or Premium, think I will wait till I've played both.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #541 on: April 04, 2012, 08:07:30 PM »
That topper looks great Pete. You can take it apart and turn the lense upside down if u want if its like the ones I have here. Perspex window shld just slot in and out easily. You could mount it on the top of the machine instead of hanging it if u can invert the perspex lense.

I am starting to not like thinking about the AC/DC machine cauise I am over waiting for it to come.lol  @.@

Its all good, it will be great when they come. First game wil be like taking panadol after having a bad headache.lol   %.% %.%
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline piesrule

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #542 on: April 06, 2012, 09:12:49 PM »
I find you dont have any glare on a machine from the DOT matrix dispaly if u stick to a few basic rules.
* keep the glass very clean and make sure you dont have any overhead lights directly above the machine, and if u do, make the bulb a very low wattage/or turn off the lights alltogether. The worst lights to have any where near a pinball are overhead neon tube square office style lights. The glare bouncing back into your eyes is dreadful and is a shocker to try n play a game with ofcourse.

I couldnt justify the $300 plus to buy anti glare PDI glass at all. I have never had a glare problem on any of my machines so I always wonder what the fuss is about. The new LCD displays are much higher up so I cant see that being a problem either. I wonder if the PDI glass JJP have used is more of a marketing trick to give Stern a run for their money. All these extra bits n pieces Stern and JJP will end up using may drive the prices up, even with competition.

HAS ANYONE HEARD an approx date for when the containers full of AC/DC machines will arrive for AMD in sydney ?  !@# !@# !@#
LE AC/DC Pins are getting to port on 17th April, about 2/3 days before they cleared etc, hope to have mine by the 23rd, 24th

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #543 on: April 06, 2012, 10:24:51 PM »
I find you dont have any glare on a machine from the DOT matrix dispaly if u stick to a few basic rules.
* keep the glass very clean and make sure you dont have any overhead lights directly above the machine, and if u do, make the bulb a very low wattage/or turn off the lights alltogether. The worst lights to have any where near a pinball are overhead neon tube square office style lights. The glare bouncing back into your eyes is dreadful and is a shocker to try n play a game with ofcourse.

I couldnt justify the $300 plus to buy anti glare PDI glass at all. I have never had a glare problem on any of my machines so I always wonder what the fuss is about. The new LCD displays are much higher up so I cant see that being a problem either. I wonder if the PDI glass JJP have used is more of a marketing trick to give Stern a run for their money. All these extra bits n pieces Stern and JJP will end up using may drive the prices up, even with competition.

HAS ANYONE HEARD an approx date for when the containers full of AC/DC machines will arrive for AMD in sydney ?  !@# !@# !@#
LE AC/DC Pins are getting to port on 17th April, about 2/3 days before they cleared etc, hope to have mine by the 23rd, 24th

That's right about 2 weeks

Peter

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #544 on: April 07, 2012, 08:04:06 AM »
Here is a lighting kit that flashers to the beat of the music, it can run through the various colours or stay on one colour.

Plug n Play through a guy on Pinside.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-acdc-cabinet-music-mod

Here is his video.
utoplay=1&rel=0

« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 08:05:41 AM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #545 on: April 07, 2012, 08:46:53 AM »
Nice find , thanks for sharing

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #546 on: April 08, 2012, 12:24:41 PM »
There are  some great pics on IPDB
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 04:28:23 PM by Richyrich »

Offline Av8

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #547 on: April 08, 2012, 03:22:55 PM »
I still have the Pro and love it.  Speed doesnt get old.  Even so I just ordered the Premium.  I feel this could be a pin that stays in my collection a very long time.  For me that is rare. 

ACDC made me a better player.  Now I dont care for slower machines!  So I have to sell my HUO LOTR.  I just stopped playing it because games were so long.

I hope to have mine by end of April.

Glass off video of mine. 1.4 update
My Pins: LOTR, RFM, LW3 Past Pins: STTNG, NGG, Ta

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #548 on: April 08, 2012, 04:39:02 PM »
I will be very interested to see how the two compare

Great that you think the Pro is so good and it has improved your skills

Which LE,would have you chosen??

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #549 on: April 08, 2012, 07:31:20 PM »
I still have the Pro and love it.  Speed doesnt get old.  Even so I just ordered the Premium.  I feel this could be a pin that stays in my collection a very long time.  For me that is rare.  

ACDC made me a better player.  Now I dont care for slower machines!  So I have to sell my HUO LOTR.  I just stopped playing it because games were so long.

I hope to have mine by end of April.

Glass off video of mine. 1.4 update

Good work thx for update this will be a killer pinball and nothing will come close for a long time.

Peter
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 07:33:58 PM by GORGAR 1 »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #550 on: April 08, 2012, 07:54:04 PM »
Guys, I just found a real good video of the AC/DC LE and Premium models shot at the pinball festival.

go to the   www.acdcpinball.com  site, and go down to the first video on the top left and hit play. You will see HD video starting with the AC/DC Back in Black Model (u shld like this one Pete)

see what u guys think of the video   ^^^

« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 08:44:37 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #551 on: April 08, 2012, 08:02:10 PM »
Guys, I just found a real good video of the AC/DC LE and Premium models shot at the pinball festival.

go to the   www.acdcpinball.com  site, and go down to the first video on the top left and hit play. You will see HD video strating with the AC/DC Back in Black Model (u shld like this one Pete)

see what u guys think of the video   ^^^

Cheers mate I'll check it out now..

Peter ^^^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #552 on: April 08, 2012, 09:55:03 PM »
Here is the picture of number 2 LTBRock machine which was at the Texas show which is now sitting in the owners house with the rest of the owners collection.  He said on pinside it had 505 games played on it over the 3 days.  It will take 100 times that ofcourse before it ever needs anything to fix.

Second is a picture of the owner with Steve Ritchie.  ^^^

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #553 on: April 08, 2012, 10:12:36 PM »
Geez I wonder what he paid for it having that many games on it? also Brett the video link only had video of the premium not BIBLE?

Peter

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #554 on: April 09, 2012, 01:27:39 PM »
I got this from pinside for those interested.

"There was an update on the premium code. At the start of the video, I say the difference is significant.. well, noticeable is more correct. Things I noticed, sound differences and lcd differences in animation, I didn't notice any rule differences, but that doesn't mean they weren't changed.

http://youtu.be/rG0XfJHcUSw

I did get into the settings to see if there was a more vulgar Steve ritchie setting. There is still only normal and family, maybe this will be an LE difference? Steve has eluded to some serious swearing at shows, it would be cool to have as an easter egg too, sort of like the mortal kombat blood code."
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts