Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 30045 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #615 on: April 17, 2012, 02:36:12 PM »
I was told that all stock has gone to AMD then everything is sent off from Sydney.  

Obviously for me, my one x machine will be given to a truck company and sent to Brisbane, and probably with another Dozen machines all heading to a Brisbane depot, before being picked n sent to our home addressés etc.

It does make sense that if a whack of machines are going to Cashbox in VIC, that they would be repacked back into a container and then sent to VIC if the numbers permit the use of a container. But everything goes to Sydney first. The Stern dealers all buy thru AMD, and they cant get stock sent to them directly unless its a special situation like Joes stuff was from the USA with the permission/organisation of AMD.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 02:40:05 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #616 on: April 17, 2012, 05:44:23 PM »
I received today in the post my invoice today from Bruce @ AMD with my AC DC Pro order details & serial details etc...  I will frame this invoice  ^^^

Any other AC DC pinball owners receive there invoice today??? !@#
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #617 on: April 17, 2012, 07:48:14 PM »
It will be interesting in years to come to see ACDC pinballs for sale on Ebay saying HUO... the term will mean very very little

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #618 on: April 17, 2012, 07:55:30 PM »
Ya lost me Gav,  do u mean Home use Ones will get lots of play compared to sited ones ?

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #619 on: April 17, 2012, 08:46:46 PM »
It will be interesting in years to come to see ACDC pinballs for sale on Ebay saying HUO... the term will mean very very little

It never meant much to me anyway. Just an excuse to tack on $1500 to the price tag.

Actual condition has always been king to me, especially these days since most of the Sterns located onsite (in my area, it is mostly pub locations) rarely get played. I watched an op empty out the cashbox of a Family Guy for the princely sum of $12 ($4 of that was mine) and he does the collection run/maintenance check every 2 weeks.

The pin is played less/has less mileage than most of the machines in collector's homes.

But I digress.

As for ACDC, have we considered what will happen to Pro and Premium values if it goes into the rerun scenario adopted by Stern's production philosophy (Simpsons, LOTR, Spiderman)?

Try selling a "HUO ACDC" for $5000, when you can get a NIB with factory warranty for $5900.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 08:48:31 PM by pinsanity »

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #620 on: April 17, 2012, 08:52:45 PM »

Try selling a "HUO ACDC" for $5000, when you can get a NIB with factory warranty for $5900.

If i don't end up buying one new, I would be prepared to buy a HUO AC/DC for a grand less. What warranty do you get with a NIB Stern, from AMD for example ? What does it cover and for how long ?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #621 on: April 17, 2012, 08:58:56 PM »
I was talking to Bruce today about the aussie dollar, and basically it was good whilst it lasted.The current $5950 plus delivery price shld be taken advantage of whilst it is here, it cant last 4ever. The pricing would normally be $6600 and people need to remember the $5950 pricing was a Pre-order special that Bruce has kindly kept going.

The first batch of AC/DC Pro machines were discounted heavily because Bruce/AMD passed on the savings he could make by sending machines from the USA to Australia by seafreight in a container and the numbers for a big order supported that. BUT the aussie dollar has gone from $1.12 when the deal was done back to the $1.03 mark, interest rates have gone up, and it is unlikely that new machines will be able to be offered for the same pricing unless bruce has excessive stock etc of AC/DC.

Although Bruce has left the current Pro pricing at $5950, the replacement/purchase price to compare against shld really be considered at $6600 unless the aussie dollar gets better again, and if machines are sent another way other than seafreight which will have to happen.  $5950 wont be around for too long. Best to buy sooner than later whilst Bruce keeps that pricing discounted heavily.

(warranty is 6 months and it covers mostly everything)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 09:05:08 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #622 on: April 17, 2012, 10:58:54 PM »
For those waiting Premiums arrive 3-4 weeks time.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #623 on: April 18, 2012, 11:30:12 AM »
Melbourne machines still haven't cleared customs :( I was gunna just pick it up but after reading other reports it's probally better to get the pinball checked over before picking it up as these are abit different and require about 30 mins of work before turning it on any thoughts?

Peter

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #624 on: April 18, 2012, 11:35:07 AM »
nothing that cant be sorted out once it gets here one would hope

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #625 on: April 18, 2012, 11:40:23 AM »
So the container is yet to be delivered too Cashbox.....hmm, looks like pick up is in order for this Saturday.
SC.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #626 on: April 18, 2012, 12:54:00 PM »
So the container is yet to be delivered too Cashbox.....hmm, looks like pick up is in order for this Saturday.

That's what I was thinking see ya Saturday lol

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #627 on: April 18, 2012, 02:21:54 PM »
not sure about the machine needing 30 minutes of checking over.  the new ac/dc machine should just require a quick check of all the plugs being on solid in the backbox, then a quick check of all the connections under the playfield, then it should be up up n away.

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #628 on: April 18, 2012, 02:25:31 PM »
Car park meet. LOL Hoping we don't get the rain from QLD/NSW.

Not long now guys.
SC.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #629 on: April 18, 2012, 02:27:21 PM »
ALSO there are Premiums at AMD already, u can see them clearly in the warehouse photos. I will try to upload the photos onto AP soon.

In the original warehouse pictures (which are much larger than these I have copied to AP) the machines behind the AMD guy with his thumbs up are Premiums. So not sure about the 3 or 4 week delivery time, unless more are coming in 3 or 4 weeks.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 02:34:57 PM by Caveoftreasures »