Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 29513 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #870 on: April 25, 2012, 10:27:58 PM »
All Stern agents in Australia buy directly from Bruce at AMD, and all warranty issues go directly to AMD from all Stern agents. I was told this by AMD directly yesterday.

AMD is the representative for STERN in Australia.

Cheers Brett I wasn't aware of that

Peter

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #871 on: April 26, 2012, 08:32:54 AM »
Damn, so sorry to hear some people have had such dramas with thier new pinball. I really hope Stern pick thier act up if and when they do Avengers.
Looks like they have been caught with thier pants pulled down on the this title and the rush job on the LE models. I am certainly gun-shy of buying off them again after hearing some of the horror stories.
I hope it is limited to the hype surrounding this title and the rush job that stern did to get them out.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 08:40:07 AM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #872 on: April 26, 2012, 12:23:44 PM »
I have been having so much FUN playing the new PRO machine.
Changing the insult level to high in the menu settings is a blast, hearing all the Steve Ritchie comments is fun. The software upgrade from 1.25 to version 1.4 was definately worthwhile. I read on the STERN site that there are around 70 additions with the upgraded software. Audio game noises is one of the biggest things you notice.

I have found the best volume level to crank the music up to is 35 or 40. Thats nice n very loud to hear the music really really well, but makes it easier to hear all the cool other audio noises for the game noises. I am looking at changing all the bulbs to LEDS probably today, might take a before and after set of photos. It doesnt really need it, but I have LEDS so i might just do it.

!@# HOW HAVE you LE owners found the colour changing LEDS and the LEDS in general ?...
....not too bright, doesnt interfere with seeing the ball easily ?   !@#  When do the colour changing leds come off n on ? and can you set the colour, or is it just in the programming ?  !@#

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #873 on: April 26, 2012, 12:34:26 PM »
I have been having so much FUN playing the new PRO machine.
Changing the insult level to high in the menu settings is a blast, hearing all the Steve Ritchie comments is fun. The software upgrade from 1.25 to version 1.4 was definately worthwhile. I read on the STERN site that there are around 70 additions with the upgraded software. Audio game noises is one of the biggest things you notice.

I have found the best volume level to crank the music up to is 35 or 40. Thats nice n very loud to hear the music really really well, but makes it easier to hear all the cool other audio noises for the game noises. I am looking at changing all the bulbs to LEDS probably today, might take a before and after set of photos. It doesnt really need it, but I have LEDS so i might just do it.

!@# HOW HAVE you LE owners found the colour changing LEDS and the LEDS in general ?...
....not too bright, doesnt interfere with seeing the ball easily ?   !@#  When do the colour changing leds come off n on ? and can you set the colour, or is it just in the programming ?  !@#

When I did my TOM with LED's it was hard to track the ball but with my LE its great no problems at all, The color changing led's work great depending on song and I have mine set at 44 volume level ^^^ I don't think there's a an upgrade yet for the LE but I'll keep an eye out but updating the code looks scary. Its great having drop targets again I'm really enjoying that side of the game..I have my insult level on high to its fun hearing Steve give some shit.

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #874 on: April 26, 2012, 12:45:33 PM »
Upgrading the code is easy. there is a video on the STERN site which shows how to do it step by step.
When there is a gamecode update Pete, if u have any hassles, u can call me and I can easily talk you through it. You just have to make sure u download the WinZip program which is also on the same STERN gamecode page.

Wow, u have your music even higher than me, your neighbours must love you by now.lol  %.% %.%  ^^^ ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #875 on: April 26, 2012, 12:49:46 PM »
LEDs are great they are very bright but I don't get that flicker that makes me feel sick.   The only downside to it is now I look at the other games and keep thinking the GI isn't working they just look so dull

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #876 on: April 26, 2012, 01:11:49 PM »
Upgrading the code is easy. there is a video on the STERN site which shows how to do it step by step.
When there is a gamecode update Pete, if u have any hassles, u can call me and I can easily talk you through it. You just have to make sure u download the WinZip program which is also on the same STERN gamecode page.

Wow, u have your music even higher than me, your neighbours must love you by now.lol  %.% %.%  ^^^ ^^^

Cool thanks and yeah maybe I'm deaf better turn it down abit I suppose #@#

Peter

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #877 on: April 26, 2012, 01:12:47 PM »
LEDs are great they are very bright but I don't get that flicker that makes me feel sick.   The only downside to it is now I look at the other games and keep thinking the GI isn't working they just look so dull

It does make my other pinballs look average in the lighting dept.

Peter

Offline Mr Tilt

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #878 on: April 26, 2012, 08:51:18 PM »
Great news  - Bell opto fixed in 3 days - will install tonight and get some games in!
Playfield pic was sent to Stern from AMD
I told LeoI want a new playfield over a complete playfield swap
I think AMD is thinking of swapping playfields over but I would rather avoid the potential scratches from having to transport machine to cashbox and then nervously wait for the operation without and any added damage.
Pic looks worse than it is - it is actually hard to pick except for the dent- SLR camera with fluro lighting on the right angle closeup makes it look bad but really only the dent stands out at 3mm actual - having the spare BIB LE playfield will make me feel much better!@ $#$
Lets see Sterns decision!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #879 on: April 26, 2012, 08:59:01 PM »
Mr Tilt, wouldnt cashbox just send their tech to your house with the exchange playfield and do the changeover at your house  ? (easier for you)

It would be easier n cheaper for Stern and its agents to just send u a naked playfield, but if u are not going to install it, it might start a trend of people asking for spare playfields if they have a small mark etc. Either way, hope it works out for you, and am glad the opto is fixed etc.

Now go and play 100 games and catch up on the fun factor !  Crank the volume and keep those neighbours happy ^^^ ^^^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #880 on: April 26, 2012, 09:06:29 PM »
Forgot to add, ANYONE WHO HAS A NEW ACDC is welcome to put some videos up on the forum !  *%* *%* *%*

We would love to see as many videos as possible !  The LE machines rock for sure. Lighting is unbelievably great.   $#$

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #881 on: April 26, 2012, 09:31:49 PM »
For starters, here's the man himself on a Pro:

If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline RatBag

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #882 on: April 26, 2012, 09:33:13 PM »
Great news  - Bell opto fixed in 3 days - will install tonight and get some games in!
Playfield pic was sent to Stern from AMD
I told LeoI want a new playfield over a complete playfield swap
I think AMD is thinking of swapping playfields over but I would rather avoid the potential scratches from having to transport machine to cashbox and then nervously wait for the operation without and any added damage.
Pic looks worse than it is - it is actually hard to pick except for the dent- SLR camera with fluro lighting on the right angle closeup makes it look bad but really only the dent stands out at 3mm actual - having the spare BIB LE playfield will make me feel much better!@ $#$
Lets see Sterns decision!

Which ever way Stern decide I would be surprised if they didnt want the old playfield back,
the only other one I have heard of was an Elvis gold and it was a complete populated playfield sent over and the old one had to be sent back

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #883 on: April 26, 2012, 09:35:35 PM »
For starters, here's the man himself on a Pro:

Thankyou Ivo for the video.  ^^^ Excellent Video.I like the fact he has chose to play the best machine there.lol a SUPER PRO .lol   ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^

Go Steve Ritchie.  Very cool.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^  THE MAN CAN PLAY . Thats for sure. I would love to have a game of doubles with Steve Ritchie, he would probably kick my ass all day long, and I wouldnt mind being beaten by the legend himself either. Always looks like a top bloke.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 09:49:31 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #884 on: April 26, 2012, 09:53:45 PM »
This video below is the BEST video. Its worth watching again and again even if u have seen it before.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^