Author Topic: NEW CONTAINER ORDER  (Read 2257 times)

Offline snapperjoe

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth W.A
    • Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusement Hire
NEW CONTAINER ORDER
« on: February 27, 2012, 01:45:24 AM »
Hi Guys,

Looking at placing another container order this week as the first 40" container is sold out. I will be ordering mainly AC/DC Premiums and Pros and L/e's(I wish). May throw in some Transformers pro, Avatar pro, Tron pro, Rolling Stones pro and maybe even BBH just to have some different titles in stock. If anybody is wanting any of these other titles please let me know by Wednesday 29th Feb. All other titles will be the same pricing as AC/DC pro's $5950 Ex Perth. Shipping can be arranged Australia wide from Perth. Please ask for a quote. Will be checking with Stern for current titles available.

Regards,

Joe

Joe Tripoli
Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusement Hire Perth
www.amusements4kids.com.au
0408 855722
Stern Pinball Agent For Perth and WA

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: NEW CONTAINER ORDER
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 05:31:41 AM »
Excellent news.

I think Transformers Pro and Avatar Pro are both excellent games. Even Tron Pro is such a nice looking game. Any of these new Stern games are definate eye candy with excellent gameplay. I have played all 3 and can vouch that they are all great machines. Given u do finance packages, it makes alot of business sense for any AP member to talk to you Joe.  ^^^

If the Pro pricing comes down to where the ac/dc pro is, so to speak, that makes alot of business sense, espescially with the dollar being the way it is.
I like your pro-active marketing, its what the pinball industry needs. The finance packages have been long overdue, and the fact that u are the only one doing them that I personally know of, means u deserve peoples business through and through. Great news Joe.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 09:46:28 AM »
Any chance of a Spiderman or BTDK?
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 06:54:26 PM »
Hey Joe,
Just out of interest....are you still able to get Family Guy machines out of the U.S?

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline snapperjoe

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth W.A
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 03:09:12 AM »
Hi guys,

Apologies for not getting back earlier but have a lot of things happening at the moment. Had a full page ad in the Sunday paper here in Perth and the phone has gone haywire.

Spiderman and Batman the Dark Knight are no longer available new from Stern and are not going to be remade. This was direct from Gary Stern when I had dinner with him in Sydney in November. I did also mention other titles to him like Pirates, Sopranos, Elvis, Family Guy and Ripleys and was told prettty much the same thing. There are reasons for this apart from licensing issues and we really did not go down that road.

I hope this answers some of your questions even though it was probably not what you wanted to hear. With a bit a luck, I am hoping that our first containers of AC/DC leave for Australia by the end of the week. I was advised recently that production was pretty much as scheduled so all should be good. Hoping to receive photos of the finished games soon. Cant wait.

Regards,

Joe

Joe Tripoli
0408 855722

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 09:31:36 AM »
Hi guys,

Apologies for not getting back earlier but have a lot of things happening at the moment. Had a full page ad in the Sunday paper here in Perth and the phone has gone haywire.

Spiderman and Batman the Dark Knight are no longer available new from Stern and are not going to be remade. This was direct from Gary Stern when I had dinner with him in Sydney in November. I did also mention other titles to him like Pirates, Sopranos, Elvis, Family Guy and Ripleys and was told prettty much the same thing. There are reasons for this apart from licensing issues and we really did not go down that road.

I hope this answers some of your questions even though it was probably not what you wanted to hear. With a bit a luck, I am hoping that our first containers of AC/DC leave for Australia by the end of the week. I was advised recently that production was pretty much as scheduled so all should be good. Hoping to receive photos of the finished games soon. Cant wait.

Regards,

Joe

Does that include ac/dc Le's Joe also shipping end of this week?

Peter

Offline snapperjoe

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth W.A
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 12:30:43 AM »
Hi Peter,

Yes, there are 43 L/E's in my container. They are scheduled to be leaving any day as far we know and to date we have heard of no hiccups. You must remember that they have to have all models made as these containers will have all 4 versions of the game. I will let everyone know when they are on the water. It will be worth the wait.

Regards,

Joe
Joe Tripoli
0408 855722

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 12:02:07 AM »
43 units all PRE-SOLD, plus all the extras (Pro's and Premiums) ordered and SOLD. WOW. Has that ever happened before with a New In Box Title. ?

STERN should be taking another very close look at Australia and its pinball hobbyists for the next few titles.

Without Australia, would AC/DC have ever been made ? (next time u talk to Gary, perhaps Joe u could ask what was the defining reason/person who made Stern give the AC/DC machines the green light ?)

It would be great to hear what made Gary decide to make this one happen.  ^^^

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline snapperjoe

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth W.A
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 04:18:54 AM »
Hi Guys,

In answer to your question, I dont believe this has ever happened to a new in box Stern title, definately not in the last four years that I have been selling them. And I also believe this is the first time that all Stern agents in Australia have each ordered a 40ft  container of the same title. Its pretty amazing and definately great for pinball.

I dont know whether Australia is the sole reason why Ac/dc was produced but it certainly played some part in influencing Sterns decision. About 4 years ago, I put a proposal with Bruce on the idea of a Ac/dc pinball machine and we asked Stern if it could become a reality. I believe it was considered at the time, and due to costs of licensing and the state of pinball market at the time, that after some consideration and evaluations, it was decided not to proceed any further at that stage. The idea was not canned but rather left in the pending basket. Since then, other influences such as the huge successful Black Ice Tour, people like Steve Ritchie and the pinball community have been the driving force behind Sterns decision to proceed with this title. Ac/Dc's management would have also played a role along with the band members in this decision making. I think Stern had an idea it was going to be big in Australia but on a worldwide scale they weren't so sure on how it would go.

Its great to finally see the dream become a reality and cant wait for them to get here. I am expecting more information from Bruce and Stern anyday now and will keep you guys informed on any new developments as they come.

Regards,

Joe          
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 04:20:47 AM by snapperjoe »
Joe Tripoli
0408 855722