Author Topic: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)  (Read 22149 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)
« Reply #465 on: December 22, 2012, 02:27:04 PM »
YEEEEE HAAAAAAA

Avengers Pro gameplay video is up on the Stern site.

http://www.sternpinball.com/Media/Videos/Games/avengers-pro-rules-and-gameplay.aspx

or

« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 06:25:07 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #466 on: December 22, 2012, 02:42:24 PM »
if you like stern then you are cool  <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:21:28 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #467 on: December 22, 2012, 03:31:22 PM »
The machine looks to be working fine in the video.lol, so its not a fail......
If u arent interested, thats OK, but alot of people will be happy to own it and add it to their line ups/collection.

Every single machine I ever bought, someone told me not to buy it at all...I am glad i never listened otherwise I wouldnt have got to enjoy playing those machines I own today.

For those who are interested in buying a Avengers, at the 19 second mark, you can easily see the flashing captain america inserts, so it seems that the mistake is only half a mistake so far. Wont know til i play it in January but things are looking good.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #468 on: December 22, 2012, 03:43:52 PM »
if you like stern then you are cool  <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:21:12 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #469 on: December 22, 2012, 03:46:32 PM »
maybe.

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #470 on: December 22, 2012, 04:05:50 PM »
I'm surprised the pro looks great! Complete with drops an the hulk toy unlike other pros this one seems pretty well loaded. I'm not a super hero fan like CC but I do like the hulk so it may tempt me the only think holding me back is a Metallica rumour. Looks like a fun game bad luck stern haters lol

Peter

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #471 on: December 22, 2012, 05:07:35 PM »
I like the super hero movies and really enjoyed all the characters forming the Avengers Movie. Overall the game interests me and prefer it to alot of other machines - and we all have to remember that we are all individuals and what appeals to one person will not appeal to another but don't kill it for those that are enjoying the bits of information travelling the road helping them determine if they will buy one, one day.

For me the lighting looks awesome for a pro and I heard that they are using coloured incandescent globes which is pretty good until you have time to change them to LEDS.

Yes agree with you CC with the original voices but on the flip side I enjoy the custom callouts relating to the game being played which if you relied on the Movie I don't think there would be enough to fill the game and make it really entertaining hence the fill of custom voices and then a blend of voices would have been worse. So custom voices are not a deal breaker as would rather a few hundered custom callouts than 25 movie callouts repeated over and over - thats just my view.

Game play features is cool I think - something very different, yeah sure if I was a designer I could come up with some improvements but at the end of the day if they said design the full package and be original, as much as I would like to do it I just don't have the talent as there is alot to a game. I have spent hours doodling, drawing up CAD concepts and shit it is hard and so much to think of. No game is going to be perfect for everyone hence there has been 7000 different games over the last 50 something years - something for everyone.

The art, yes personally not a fan of the random boxes but then when someone said it is like introducing comic style snippets of art in boxes I can accept that and it's starting to grow on me but overall I like the look. I could think of alot of other games out there that are high up in most popular list which are alot of other peoples favourites which I just don't like in looks or play. In addition some of the main art in this game is the same as what is on the movie cups in the States along with other merchandise so I think Marvel are the controlling factor here - not Stern - disappointing = yes, but once you can accept it I think you can look past it. But until a custom theme comes along I doubt we are going to see it, and custom theme is high risk which could make or break a company.

The music, I did not mind the samplers and again probably Marvel and license dollars maybe out of reach but will still need to see polished software to get a feel for how that improves but again I rather that than "WOZ's - off to see the wizard a heap of times" but that's me.

Overall I like it and I think our expectations are growing far more than pinball can offer. My creature has various music which is cool for the era and games of the 90's were quite simplistic compared to now - the board sets are allowing for memory which means more sounds, art and dots meaning alot more now than 2 years ago so it could be alot worse.

The dots are cool, again I don't look at them as I am playing the game.
The rules sound interesting and it is only the beta version so sure this will be good after a couple of updates.

Overall I iike it not because it is a Stern but it is a theme, if JJP did it I would be just as interested - actually would prefer it as like his view of the customer and quality and same game play in a Pro and LE.

All I ask is cool to express your likes and dislikes but leave the bagging for the sake of it before you enter the thread as it really kills the joys for others to the point that some people no longer want to comment in the fear of being picked on or isolated. This is my view and I will be respectful of a Metallica theme or a WOZ or a Hobbit theme = as they are not for me but I still want others to enjoy as that is their right.

Lets just play pinball and enjoy ourselves and enjoy other people's enthusiasm just the recent guys who got a Tron - as I am very happy for them and it's nice to see people team up and build up their joy of having that pin rather than that joy turn into regret. If you don't like a machine don't read the thread - simply.

Hve fun and a excellent Christmas and a top new year.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #472 on: December 22, 2012, 05:27:00 PM »
Well said Jady, a good read.

I had a thought for 2013 pinball reviews where NEW pinball titles are released. eg - Avengers Premium.

1 x FACT ONLY Avengers Premium Thread - movie clips n photos n general fact stuff, Stern flyers etc released from Stern or other places is added to the thread, NO discussion. Thread kept as a fact style, resource only thread.

1 x DISCUSSION Avengers Premium Thread - open discussion for anyone, lovers or dis-likers of the machine.

IMO , Its best this way i feel, because If u are a Stern fan - and u want to read a thread about a certain new title, u can look at one thread n see all the info without having to read thru 35 pages of likers versus dislikers debating/bantering about the machine....too much time is spent as far as I am concerned having to defend a title when people bag it. I dont mind arguing the point, but discussion threads full of negatives is a turn off to staunch Stern fans looking to read about a machine for purposes of deciding to buy, so a FACT ONLY THREAD can be where people can read about a machine without having to sift thru 35 pages of debate/banter. If a person wants to see things other than FACTS ONLY - photos n video clips, Stern flyers etc, they can go to the discussion thread at their choice.

Thats a better idea IMO for 2013. Two seperate threads. One discussion - go to your hearts content...

One x seperate non discussion Fact thread with photos n video clips, Stern flyers etc only. Far better and enjoyable than the current situation.

I know I will create 2 x seperate threads when 2013 rolls around for the next new title. That way, all members can still have their cake n eat it too, enjoyably. 1 x Fact, 1 x Discussion. Seperate.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 05:39:49 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #473 on: December 22, 2012, 05:54:33 PM »
 <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:38:23 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #474 on: December 22, 2012, 06:04:09 PM »
One thread per machine is better imo, a mixture of the good and bad...warts and all.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #475 on: December 22, 2012, 06:10:27 PM »
why dont you go one further cavey and have hidden stern lovers topics.
so no one else can join and you can talk to your self about how fantastic they are.
Oh wait they have a facebook page like that.
maybe cavey should be given admin rights to edit any negative things said about stern.

but dont expect cavey to hold back on JJP and his opinions on how they should operate their business,
you talk about having your cake and eat it too.

now that you are dictating how this forum should be administrated did you ask the admin if that suits them on the rules you are happy to make up?

I dont make rules, just suggestions, I dont dictate, I offer.
Most of the other stuff you said is silly, but you can say what u want. I can laugh.
Re JJP, its/they are discussion threads yes, its a discussion thread.....woz or stern or gottlieb or whatever manufacturer.....open to likes or dislikes.
Preferably constructive criticism i like.

But the idea I thought of for 2013 allows people to look at a new pinball without having to read our 35 page friendly debates.

We can still all talk shit, but a FACT only page for a new title allows people to see the machine without discussions, incase they are looking to purchase......(sort of looking at a new car without the car slaesman hanging over your shoulder versus having a salesman with you at all times when you are at a car dealership - people can then chose, a Discussion thread, OR a Fact -resource only page)

Also, my questions about JJP etc, are questions, and also any statement I make is usually to try n be constructive about JJP I thought, but i didnt think I was a JJP hater, or ever said anything close to it......The idea for 2013 is for people to chose from...Its not for my benefit, its for other members who may wish to see the different versions of a thread as mentioned above. Some people dont want to read thru 35 pages to find a video, or a flyer, or a set of photos etc. The FACT page only cleans things up. People can chose for themselves. We cant decide for people by having one thread only IMO.

Two wont hurt anyone, people can read whichever they want, or one only. I thought this place was a democracy. AND these last several posts PROVE IMO why there should be a uncluttered FACT only RESOURCE thread with photos/flyers/videos etc without discussion or clutter.
See how we go in 2013. Admin can intervene if they feel the need. But why should new members or old, have to read thru 35 pages to find a photo/flyer or video, when they can find it much easier on a FACT resource page. Not everyone will read a 35 page discussion thread to find those things. We have to cater for all types here is my opinion.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 06:21:56 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #476 on: December 22, 2012, 06:25:26 PM »
Any members here, put a deposit down on a Avengers of any model ?  !@#

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #477 on: December 22, 2012, 06:25:39 PM »
edit-----

« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 06:32:32 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #478 on: December 22, 2012, 06:42:07 PM »
$2000 deposit on Hulk #010 placed with AMD, no questions asked. I like all you people out there, hates or lovers. Its good, its pinball, its life. If you buy something you believe in, you made a right choice. If someone knocks your choice, shrug your shoulders and go play pinball. Enjoy and experience something the knocker does not have.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #479 on: December 22, 2012, 07:55:32 PM »
$2000 deposit on Hulk #010 placed with AMD, no questions asked. I like all you people out there, hates or lovers. Its good, its pinball, its life. If you buy something you believe in, you made a right choice. If someone knocks your choice, shrug your shoulders and go play pinball. Enjoy and experience something the knocker does not have.

Very cool. Number 10 HULK !  Well done.   Enjoy.   Will be excellent.  Looks amazing. ^^^