Author Topic: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)  (Read 22020 times)

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Re: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)
« Reply #510 on: December 25, 2012, 01:14:54 AM »
dont say anything cause some old bag who is 90 might take u up on the offer and it will mentally scar u for life.     ^&^

But for a BNIB Avengers, a few hours with her couldnt really hurt, could it !@#

Hours? hahahaha.

I'd probably even settle for a Data East. I think some people might reel in horrow when they read this. "Data East? He's gone too far now."

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #511 on: December 25, 2012, 11:32:17 AM »
here is a video that GG sent me in regards to the Capt. America inserts.

You can clearly see 2, then you can see 2 through the plastics but you can't see the arrow. I was the first I think to notice and question it, but GG and Stern have no intention of modifying the playfields or the art screens so unfortunately this is how it will be. Or my luck there will be a second run in 6 months times and that will have new playfields  ^&^. But on the flip side they might not get many sales and then in 2 years time it may be a must have like Iron Man or some A title and mine may be worth heaps lol .  #*#

I do have plans to install a Capt. America shield with a set of the pop bumper UFO lighting kits behind it at the back to the right of the hulk covering a ugly switch bracket to flash and stay on when the arrow lights up to solve the issue of not being able to see the arrow insert.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 11:52:33 AM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #512 on: December 25, 2012, 11:59:20 AM »
or

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #513 on: December 25, 2012, 12:37:09 PM »
or

sorry, yes on a Mac the function never works, comes up with a error every time, so I always just post the youtube address, sorry guys.

yes a Mac, but we have been there before, so be kind on Christmas day  *%*
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #514 on: December 27, 2012, 02:51:03 PM »
A cool panoramic photo of Avengers on the production line !

Click on photo to double it in size....cool photo 4 sure !

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #515 on: December 27, 2012, 06:05:22 PM »
Gees mate, for a minute I thought that was me at our local deli.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #516 on: December 27, 2012, 09:46:12 PM »
I like the way they have the wheel tracks built into the floor so that the pinball machine carts stay on track when moving from one section to the other.

You can see where the other wheel of the cart has worn a neat line in the floor over time as well.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 09:48:41 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #517 on: December 27, 2012, 10:57:54 PM »
Gees mate, for a minute I thought that was me at our local deli.

Ha ha local deli that's funny :-) awesome pic though Brett can I do work experience please.

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #518 on: December 28, 2012, 02:59:53 PM »
Yes, work experience would be great. I would never leave. Would love to work there for 6 or 12 months for the fun of it all, and get paid, bonus !

Espescially if u got to build your own machine........that would be very cool.  Imagine making yourself a hybrid machine using say a Pro Avengers body, a blue LE backglass, a LE playfield, a green dmd, and whatever body armour colour u wanted, plus all the LE upgraded speakers etc.....you could build yourself a one off machine, and get all the people like George Gomez and Gary Stern plus some other game designers to sign the machine somewhere.....that would be alot of fun !  $#$

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #519 on: December 28, 2012, 04:13:12 PM »
Yes, work experience would be great. I would never leave. Would love to work there for 6 or 12 months for the fun of it all, and get paid, bonus !

Espescially if u got to build your own machine........that would be very cool.  Imagine making yourself a hybrid machine using say a Pro Avengers body, a blue LE backglass, a LE playfield, a green dmd, and whatever body armour colour u wanted, plus all the LE upgraded speakers etc.....you could build yourself a one off machine, and get all the people like George Gomez and Gary Stern plus some other game designers to sign the machine somewhere.....that would be alot of fun !  $#$
Work there?
I thought your plan was to be Gary's business partner!

I'd hate working there on the assembly line
putting the same three screws into the same three holes from 9.00am to 5.00 pm, five days a week

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #520 on: December 28, 2012, 04:49:43 PM »

Work there?
I thought your plan was to be Gary's business partner!

I'd hate working there on the assembly line
putting the same three screws into the same three holes from 9.00am to 5.00 pm, five days a week

How about buying a new Stern LE whilst you are being paid $13.50/hour as an assembly line worker? I'm sure they have a generous employee discount though..... :tumble:

Are they even fulltime? Do Stern produce all year round or do they go into hibernation between production cycles and the line workers are transient/casual?

These are the questions that someone with a "red batphone" to Gary should be asking before he takes up new employment.  :lol

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #521 on: December 28, 2012, 04:58:24 PM »
STERN have between 30 and 200 workers depending on how many machines are required to be built and the amount of titles that are on the line.
Alot of the workers are building assemblys that can go onto the line which requires a min of 30 people once all the bits n pieces are ready to go.

Every worker apparently learns all the work stations so everybody is multi-skilled and this makes it obviously more interesting for the workers and more efficient for Stern.

Not sure about the hourly rate, but I am sure with the USA economy being very slow still, anyone who has work there would probably be happy to be recieving the income versus being on food stamps.

I dont need the red batphone, I have a bat email address.lol  ^^^

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #522 on: December 28, 2012, 05:21:24 PM »
Hourly rate would be absolute crap just check the movie special when lit, has a lot of stern factory footage not one Caucasian in 5 mins of footage. Cheap migrant labour

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #523 on: December 28, 2012, 06:30:00 PM »
Hourly rate would be absolute crap just check the movie special when lit, has a lot of stern factory footage not one Caucasian in 5 mins of footage. Cheap migrant labour

Just because they look Hispanic doesnt mean they are migrants !
There are probably 30 or 40 million plus Hispanic looking people who were born in the USA, minimum.
Also, I have been to areas/suburbs in the USA, where the majority of the people in that area are primarily African American or Hispanic or White.
Perhaps Stern is close to a large Hispanic community. Its not like Stern is on the border with Mexico 20 minutes away, its in the middle of the country. I have seen many caucasian people working on the Stern line in many videos. Perhaps they pay their people well, who knows ? It may not be minimum wage. Alot of the people out in the production area have been there for many years.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #524 on: December 28, 2012, 10:53:20 PM »
Any members order a Avengers Pro, or a Avengers LE in the last 2 weeks over n above Swinksys Pro and Freihlers Hulk LE ?   !@#