Author Topic: T2...To install a post between the flippers or not to install??  (Read 847 times)

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
I recently purchased a nice T2 with a clearcoted playfield. I was checking out some others online and noticed they have a ball stop post installed between the flippers which mine doesn't have. Upon closer inspection of mine I can see where there used to be one but it has been removed and filled before the clear coat. Do you think I should re- install a post to keep it original or is it not really needed. I do notice it can be a bit of a drain monster.

Offline rads

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
The post would have been installed by the op.  I don't think it is factory.  I would leave it without

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
No post  <.>

Thats my 2c
DW Drums rule !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
+2, no post

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Its one of my absolute hates..... the post between the flippers thats not meant to be there.
Some complete nung decided it was a good idea to install one on my Bank A ball... a full 2 year playfield restore and the only thing i cant repair is the hole and its mark thats left on the PF.
Hate those bloody posts!

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Its one of my absolute hates..... the post between the flippers thats not meant to be there.
Some complete nung decided it was a good idea to install one on my Bank A ball... a full 2 year playfield restore and the only thing i cant repair is the hole and its mark thats left on the PF.
Hate those bloody posts!

I like it when it is part of the original design, on SM it works a treat and deserves it's place on the game.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
Hate those bloody posts!

I like it when it is part of the original design, on SM it works a treat and deserves it's place on the game.

No problems at all if its meant to be there... but once added, the damage is normally permanent. So many EM games have had this done to them and its such a shame

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Hate those bloody posts!

Agree 100%

No problems at all if its meant to be there... but once added, the damage is normally permanent. So many EM games have had this done to them and its such a shame

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
 I have seen it on so many European machines it's not funny. I don't know why they do it as I would have thought most Ops would prefer the ball drain straight down the guts

Offline tura67

• Forum Posts:
  • Holland / the Netherlands
Ehhhh Guys, did you check the manual? It looks factory to me . . . . .
Pins: SS, T2, LOTR           Gone: Dr Who

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
Yes.. is on IPDB also... factory post... go reinstall!!!

Offline TUF-427

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane Queensland Australia
Def factory, I will have to check mine but I think it has the T nut under Pf too!

This game would be seriously hard without,and probably not much fun...

Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
If its factory then I'd re-install.
I think in some European countries they had to install the post to comply with some sort of gaming laws?!
I'm pretty sure the UK machines had to have it.
Can some one confirm this?
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
If its factory then I'd re-install.
I think in some European countries they had to install the post to comply with some sort of gaming laws?!
I'm pretty sure the UK machines had to have it.
Can some one confirm this?

Cant say i remember it from when i lived in UK.. we played a lot of pinball back then.
Mind you it was nearly 20 years ago and there was a lot of drinking and smoking going on too, so my memory might not be the strongest point here