Author Topic: my thoughts on ACDC pinball  (Read 1573 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: my thoughts on ACDC pinball
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 09:01:18 PM »
luke sites a premium around the pubs in the Newcastle, and he was surprised that it is not as good a earner as what it was hyped for.

Pinball in the wild is a thing of the past no pinball will make money no matter what theme it's a home use hobbie only, don't get me wrong I wish the kids and big kids would put money in the slot but they won't, games are on there phones and free.

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 09:07:59 PM »
I have played over 60 different DMD titles and I reckon AC/DC Pro is right up there with any of the great 1990's DMD machines that have ever been made.  Seasoned players of 20 years have found the Pro to be fast paced, flows well, music and dot matrix to be right up there, plenty of challenging shots, Steve Ritchies voice is excellent, heaps missions, and it goes on. Far from a boring machine. It takes hours to learn a machine, to get a real feel for its rules etc, to get the best out of it.

The LE and Premium share 90 percent of the same shot DNA as the PRO because of the similar top playfield etc, and i reckon 99 percent of people who own a AC/DC machine would find anything but a sterling review to be unusual etc. I have never had anyone at my house say anything except glowing about the AC/DC Pro. The LE/Premium are also excellent machines. All variants are all very fun.

Its OK not to like a certain title, but Its hard to read a bad review of a title that you have come to own and enjoy extensively for many hours. They have sold thousands of the Pro, almost 3,000 of the Pro alone. Can 3,000 people be wrong. Who knows. Buy the next Stern cause they are certainly coming out with new stuff all the time.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 09:12:03 PM »
luke sites a premium around the pubs in the Newcastle, and he was surprised that it is not as good a earner as what it was hyped for.

Pinball in the wild is a thing of the past no pinball will make money no matter what theme it's a home use hobbie only, don't get me wrong I wish the kids and big kids would put money in the slot but they won't, games are on there phones and free.

Peter

Some people who go to a pub on a fri night after a long week dont want to stand for a long time on sore legs playing a pinball machine, not when you can sit on ya bum, catch up with ya mates n have a few cold ones plus talk with the ladies etc. Pete is right, a pinny taking money or not in a public place is not going to be a decent way to gauge how good a pinny is. The home market is almost 70 percent of Sterns sales. Kids these days dont even go to pubs, they sit in parks or at some emo's house n drink cheap grog.

The world is a changing boys, the world is a changing.lol  %.%

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 09:15:41 PM »
interesting feedback, would have been relavent four months ago  #@#

Bit suss really

Peter

in what way is it suss??

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2012, 09:16:53 PM »
interesting feedback, would have been relavent four months ago  #@#

Bit suss really

Peter

in what way is it suss??

You write a review about a machine that's absolutely negative in everyway to the point of rediculous this game worldwide is a hit, I've seen reviews about the canon blocking the inlane but yours is over the top. But everyone to there own I suppose

Peter

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2012, 09:19:47 PM »
Ok finally got to play one for the first time. i will start by saying i am not that good at playing pinball, lol but i enjoy it so much as many of you do. I like the magic of wondering how it all works and where will the ball go and come from. this game didnt have any of that wonder.

I think I see the connection between your pinball skills and not appreciating a Steve Ritchie machine.

You either love them or hate them and that is personal preference, you have your rights to feel either way.

Steve's machines are notorious drain monsters. You need to work them hard to master the flow and with time and practice, you start to appreciate them. Come back for more torture, Eh!

I applause Gary Stern for keeping the industry alive over the past two decades. I am a Williams fan but without the dedication of Stern, we would not be discussing this post.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2012, 09:21:43 PM »
interesting feedback, would have been relavent four months ago  #@#

Bit suss really

Peter

in what way is it suss??

You write a review about a machine that's absolutely negative in everyway to the point of rediculous this game worldwide is a hit, I've seen reviews about the canon blocking the inlane but yours is over the top. But everyone to there own I suppose

Peter

oh so its suss if i dont like a game you like. obviously its not everyone to their own, because its suss. lol and i wasnt completely negative to this machine. I liked the looks and the sounds, what is ridiculous is when you dont read what i said.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 09:28:01 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2012, 09:26:24 PM »
reminds me about the bloke who walked up to another guy at a party and said he thought his wife was ugly...  %.% %.%  anything but a positive review was always going to be uncomfortable, but thats ok, cause my mate does have a ugly wife, i just dont tell him.lol

the info about a steve ritchie game being a drain monster is one of the major reasons i bought the Pro because i like a really challenging game, and i found the pro to be more challenging so far compared to the LE/Premium etc. So the difficulty/drain designs of the SR machines can be a big attraction to some, or a put off to others. challenging is better for my liking with a new fast paced game. keeps u coming back always saying "you bastard, i will win next time.lol"   I cant wait for Steves next design. It will be BIG cause he always ups the action and his efforts, every game. Bring on the next SR design.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 09:30:39 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2012, 09:28:11 PM »
draining isnt the problem, with this game, its the fact its boring. i have SOF that kicks my ass every time i play it, but in saying that i want to go back and keep playing it. didnt have the same feeling with this machine, at the end it wouldnt drain fast enough to dump my credits
so i could walk away from the thing lol

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2012, 09:33:27 PM »
might have to master SOF first   :lol

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2012, 09:33:55 PM »

Peter

Some people who go to a pub on a fri night after a long week dont want to stand for a long time on sore legs playing a pinball machine, not when you can sit on ya bum, catch up with ya mates n have a few cold ones plus talk with the ladies etc. Pete is right, a pinny taking money or not in a public place is not going to be a decent way to gauge how good a pinny is. The home market is almost 70 percent of Sterns sales. Kids these days dont even go to pubs, they sit in parks or at some emo's house n drink cheap grog.

The world is a changing boys, the world is a changing.lol  %.%
in my day I'd drink until I couldn't feel my legs and then playing pinball was no problems.....I think....I can't remember to be honest....in fact I can't remember 1980 at all....hmmmm, where did I leave those brain cells again, the Argyle hotel Geelong me thinks
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2012, 09:36:04 PM »

Peter

I did not say it would do killer sales at pubs but his thoughts that an aussie band pin in a pub scene would do well, but games like the simpsons, family guy etc far exceed weekly takings in comparison even in a pub that has 6 machines to choose from. It's just AMD were suggesting to many people when the pro first came out that for those interested in purchasing a game to operate that of all games this would be the pick to start with - so just saying this is not the case. So it was hyped from the distributor point of view, I know because I showed interest, and did contemplate it and they were very positive that this would be a operators dream pin. Nothing more nothing less but I was surprised because I thought even myself that this would do great in a pub.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2012, 09:38:37 PM »
might have to master SOF first   :lol

I might, at least its enjoyable to play lol

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2012, 09:42:01 PM »
Can 3,000 people be wrong

About 30 milion Germans wrong from 1939 - 1945     <.>

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2012, 09:44:49 PM »
Can 3,000 people be wrong

About 30 milion Germans wrong from 1939 - 1945     <.>
or were the other 7billion people that didnt buy it right?
in case thats taken serious its a joke,  ^^^