Author Topic: Should a new machine come with a coin mech?  (Read 436 times)

Offline piesrule

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Should a new machine come with a coin mech?
« on: September 09, 2012, 10:45:56 PM »
Hello just wondering, i had a good look at my le ac/dc machine this weekend and noticed it doesn't have a coin mech is this normal? or am i missing mine?

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: Should a new machine come with a coin mech?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 10:52:21 PM »
No they don't come with one if you ordered one I think there around $200 extra

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 11:22:31 PM »
Yeah pretty tight really no coin mech in a new machine is criminal. 

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 11:37:39 PM »
I made the mistake of ordering my AC/DC PRO without a coin mech. For 2 reasons it was a mistake, firstly the coin door without a coin mech comes with a very ugly coin door front, meaning the coin slot is just plain with a black blanking plate and its just ugly. I am sure I can fix that if I buy a coin mech and get the steel blank plate removed and add the bits I need from AMD.

Also, if u ordered a Aussie coin mech to be fitted, interestingly, it WASNT fitted at the USA factory, it was fitted by Bruce/staff at AMD in Australia and it was a model that Bruce scources from Australia I was told, so it is likely you werent going to get a Stern mech etc, but a Aussie designed and used version.

The second reason it was a mistake not to get a coin mech, is that if I ever take the machine somewhere for a fund raising exercise, and charge say a $1 a game, I cant ofcourse do it currently cause i didnt get the coin mech.
I am told I can buy one from AMD anytime with the door bits I will need etc plus the full coinmech for $210 plus postage etc.  Next time i will just get it etc, but scratching up the $5950 plus $220 delivery, plus shaler motor at $200 etc was hard enough at the time than to throw an extra few hundred on the bill for the coin mech. Oh well, next time.lol

Should they come std with it from factory - NO, cause it adds un-neccessary cost and the home market doesnt really use it. I would rather STERN spend the extra money on the playfield with extra lights, features etc.
Should the game come with a shaker motor standard, YES, but its hard to get a brand new machine like the ACDC model at $5950 which was a bargain if u keep adding stuff into the mix.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline blue95

• Forum Posts:
  • Hunter Valley
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 11:50:03 PM »
They shouldn't come with one. It would just add to the price and you don't need it if the machine isn't being operated. Most Ops would keep the mech out of the machines they trade in.

Offline RatBag

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 01:08:13 AM »
I made the mistake of ordering my AC/DC PRO without a coin mech. For 2 reasons it was a mistake, firstly the coin door without a coin mech comes with a very ugly coin door front, meaning the coin slot is just plain with a black blanking plate and its just ugly. I am sure I can fix that if I buy a coin mech and get the steel blank plate removed and add the bits I need from AMD.

Also, if u ordered a Aussie coin mech to be fitted, interestingly, it WASNT fitted at the USA factory, it was fitted by Bruce/staff at AMD in Australia and it was a model that Bruce scources from Australia I was told, so it is likely you werent going to get a Stern mech etc, but a Aussie designed and used version.

The second reason it was a mistake not to get a coin mech, is that if I ever take the machine somewhere for a fund raising exercise, and charge say a $1 a game, I cant ofcourse do it currently cause i didnt get the coin mech.
I am told I can buy one from AMD anytime with the door bits I will need etc plus the full coinmech for $210 plus postage etc.  Next time i will just get it etc, but scratching up the $5950 plus $220 delivery, plus shaler motor at $200 etc was hard enough at the time than to throw an extra few hundred on the bill for the coin mech. Oh well, next time.lol

Should they come std with it from factory - NO, cause it adds un-neccessary cost and the home market doesnt really use it. I would rather STERN spend the extra money on the playfield with extra lights, features etc.
Should the game come with a shaker motor standard, YES, but its hard to get a brand new machine like the ACDC model at $5950 which was a bargain if u keep adding stuff into the mix.

HUH what sort of coin door did you get,every Stern I have seen has the ability to mount a coin mech in without any modification or having to add parts except the electronic mech,from memory you got an early Pro that came with the single coin mech door the later batch of AC/DC's came with a door that can have a note reader added and has the offest single coin mech holder.If you really need a mech buy yourself a toploading Wei-ya or a S/H QL mech
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 01:21:57 AM by RatBag »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 10:27:58 AM »
I had no coin mech but had the coin slot did yours not have this Brett?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 12:26:07 PM »
Here is the coin door that i got. It is just plain ugly, but you dont really notice it in the grand scheme of things unless you bend over and take a decent look.

You will notice the ugly plate at the top and the same plate at the bottom, followed by a large blank plate on the bottom left. I think the bottom left one is for a bill/note acceptor, and the other 2 are for additional coin slots but the pattern looks dreadful. Luckily, I did buy apx 60 brand new coin doors a few years back and I got a super huge bulk deal so they owe me less that $45 each wrapped in factory plastic still, and every one of them has a electronic coin mech as well ! I may have to look at swapping it over sooner or later.lol
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 12:28:00 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 02:14:10 PM »
Geez your door is ugly  %.% I'll buy a coin mech if they fit straight in Brett.

Peter

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 02:57:15 PM »
None of my sterns have a blank plate like that
Maybe you got a Friday afternoon special?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 03:20:07 PM »
Geez your door is ugly  %.% I'll buy a coin mech if they fit straight in Brett.

Peter

If they fit Pete(Gorgar), I will happily give u one. When i bought the coindoors in bulk, i didnt know they all came with electronic coin mechs so that was a big bonus.lol 

I will get Beaky over to look at the coinmech etc and see if it fits straight into the Stern door etc. I will have to sus out what style coin mechs they are as well, what country they were originally designed for or if they are adjustable ? etc. Stay tuned for a couple of days.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 03:53:05 PM »
Seen quite a few with the same door as yours Brett

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 04:28:19 PM »
Maybe they thought nobody would notice with that picture of Angus there?

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 08:21:49 PM »
Seen quite a few with the same door as yours Brett

+ 1 just checked my AC DC it has the same door  %.%

I'm not changing mine as its factory. I never ordered a coin mech either, no need FREEPLAY

Coin mechs should allways be an optional extra  *%*
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2012, 08:59:13 PM »
None of my sterns have a blank plate like that
Maybe you got a Friday afternoon special?

:lol
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"