Author Topic: Stern Tron Pro re-run?  (Read 2633 times)

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Re: Stern Tron Pro re-run?
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2012, 12:00:22 AM »
Nice for future owners to re-decal a faded or scratched cabinet decal, but going by Transformers and AC/DC, these decals don't seem readily available?

I still want a Tron.
/sigh...

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2012, 12:53:28 AM »
Nice for future owners to re-decal a faded or scratched cabinet decal, but going by Transformers and AC/DC, these decals don't seem readily available?

I still want a Tron.
/sigh...

You know you want one Adam it's only money lol

Peter

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2012, 08:46:56 AM »
Ahhh Peter, I knew I wanted one, just didn't ever expect another run of them and thought I could wait and buy a secondhand one next year if one ever popped up again.

Credit card needs to say goodbye to AC/DC first.

Will see how my finances are at Xmas and hope they do that December run of Trons....

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2012, 05:01:06 PM »
Not long for me now. My NIB is confirmed to arrive tomorrow. I'll know soon enough if i made the correct decision  !@# Should be a good day
tomorrow regardless  *%*

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2012, 05:25:33 PM »
Not long for me now. My NIB is confirmed to arrive tomorrow. I'll know soon enough if i made the correct decision  !@# Should be a good day
tomorrow regardless  *%*

$#$ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

You have made a great decision if u have bought the AC/DC Pro. You can always pick up a great TRON later. Then work towards a X Men Pro which will make a fantastic addition to your growing collection.
Have a few bourbans or beers, crank up the volume, and u will have a blast on your new machine.
Just watch the gameplay videos from The STERN site a few times cause it really does help to learn the game before u even flip the on switch.

If u dont come on here tomorrow night, under a new thread declaring u love the new BNIB machine etc, I will jump off the Gateway Brisbane Bridge.lol

Dont forget photos and a new thread ! Congratulations on the new purchase. You are going to have a ball !
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline RottyGuy

• Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2012, 09:04:12 PM »

If u dont come on here tomorrow night, under a new thread declaring u love the new BNIB machine etc, I will jump off the Gateway Brisbane Bridge.lol

%.% I don't think it will come to that.

I'm looking forward to setting it up and having some fun. I hope it arrives early morning.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2012, 09:12:02 PM »
Andy has posted pics of his new AC DC pin on Aussie Arcade  #@#
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2012, 12:10:08 AM »
hoping he does a thread on our Pinball site

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline RottyGuy

• Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2012, 12:40:22 PM »
Andy has posted pics of his new AC DC pin on Aussie Arcade  #@#

I will do here as well, just had problems uploading.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2012, 06:36:19 PM »
Congrats on getting your AC DC pinball Andy, nib pinball days are better than Xmas  $#$
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2012, 09:54:19 PM »
Further Tron updates on Pinside today. They're in production now!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-new-stern-in-2012

"I toured the factory today. Lots Tron Pros on the line and going into trucks. Obviously, we did not discuss future games. They seemed to have x-men and Transformers stuff around as well. The tour guide was pretty open about current games that are being made. He named about 8-10 that are/can be made if demand is available. LE games were not in that list but it wasn't a detailed Q&A, just basic info about the manufacturing process.

He mentioned the new home game and said the same stuff that has been released to the press. I did not see any there being made.

Overall, they were kind and accommodating to us and I appreciated the tour. Someone took about 45 minutes out of their work day for us and that's always nice.

Thumbs up for Stern in my book today.

The one unique thing/cool find I spotted was a NIB Batman that had "Jeorge Gomez" written on the side of it in Sharpie. I was jealous. He was probably the one guy I would have liked to meet but I felt a little uncomfortable asking... Another time perhaps."

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2012, 10:11:10 PM »
I finally caved and put my deposit down today on Tron with Joe at Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusements. Must have been the last one in Australia?

Two new in box Stern pinball machines in one year....I don't see this happening again!

Bring on December! Looking forward to putting Tron next to AC/DC Pro.

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2012, 01:39:08 AM »
Well done Adam ! Thats super huge great news.  ^^^ ^^^ Getting one now was probably a smart idea cause getting one later will be impossible.
The 2nd edition Trons will jump in price bigtime I reckon for resale for sure.

Yes, 2 x BNIB machines in 12 months is excellent. Way to go, definately a great reason to want to get outta bed each day n go to work when u have something special at the end of the rainbow to look forward to.

Well done mate.   $#$

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2012, 09:44:54 AM »
Well done Adam ! Thats super huge great news.  ^^^ ^^^ Getting one now was probably a smart idea cause getting one later will be impossible.
The 2nd edition Trons will jump in price bigtime I reckon for resale for sure.

Yes, 2 x BNIB machines in 12 months is excellent. Way to go, definately a great reason to want to get outta bed each day n go to work when u have something special at the end of the rainbow to look forward to.

Well done mate.   $#$

Thanks, Cavey! I can now stop whining to you about how I want a Tron.

I remember back before the original was released, I said on a Stern Facebook post that I'd buy a Tron if they'd make it. Finally come good on that statement!

Now I have to decide where Tron is going to go in the house...AC/DC is pride of place inside. No room to put Tron next to it. Decisions decisions!

Adam.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2012, 12:07:57 PM »
you have to make room somehow....
..together they will look excellent !  2 x pins equals over $13,500 in value...that serious money deserves a safe place inside right next to each other somehow...where u can see them often sitting next to each other which will make u even more proud of the hard work it took to purchase them.  ^^^