Author Topic: X-Men Pro Review - Mini Review N Photos  (Read 26042 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: X-Men Pro Review - Mini Review N Photos
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2012, 06:10:50 PM »
* Report re Timezone Surfers *

X Men Pro - very dirty playfield after only 3 or so weeks of heavy play. Flippers are weakish, and are down about 40 percent of power compared to when machine was new when I played it the first day it was unboxed. Game has probably had 3,000 games and I was amazed today that flippers have weakened so quickly ?

AC/DC PRO - very dirty playfield. Management still havent cleaned after repeated requests for 4 weeks.

TRON and TRANSFORMERS - playfields need a clean. Both machines require flipper kits. Still hasnt been done after repeated requests over a 4 week period. Games are virtually not worth playing because flippers are to weak to reach top playfield with any shots.

NOTE -Leaving pinball machines like this gives the pinball industry a black eye cause people walk away thinking thats a piss weak game to play and its very unsatisfying to play a game that has such weak flippers. No fun in it whatsoever, cant get multiball, cant make any shots etc. No fun at all.

I have asked the Manager in writing again, for the 6th or 7th time to attend to these machines. Even gave them Beaky's details if they dont know how to change out a flipper kit. One tech I spoke to said they didnt know how to do it  @.@. Maybe they might ring Andy, or maybe it will stay hopeless for another 3 months.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 06:12:40 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Replay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2012, 11:48:49 PM »
hopefully no one will beat my high score on the comp machine  :lol

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2012, 10:22:19 PM »
hopefully no one will beat my high score on the comp machine  :lol

X-men pro has a comp machine?
point me in he direction.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2012, 11:11:50 PM »
Rob meant the acdc comp machine....

Also, had the chance to pop into robs(replays) place and meet rob, see his collection, play some pinny's n chat, what a top bloke, really enjoyed playing robs x men le wolverine, great game...plus all his A title bally williams etc n acdc le too...thanks rob for a great time... ^^^

$#$ $#$ $#$ #*# #*# #*#
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 11:19:31 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2012, 11:34:08 PM »
Rob meant the acdc comp machine....

Also, had the chance to pop into robs(replays) place and meet rob, see his collection, play some pinny's n chat, what a top bloke, really enjoyed playing robs x men le wolverine, great game...plus all his A title bally williams etc n acdc le too...thanks rob for a great time... ^^^

$#$ $#$ $#$ #*# #*# #*#

Yeah I know, I was having a giggle.
Been to robs a few times and have watched the lineup change over time, always top games in amazing condition and a good bloke to boot.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2012, 11:41:51 PM »
ok, thought u might have been,lol , but i didnt want people making a special trip to timezone to look for a competition X men.lol

yeh, i enjoyed the machines, espescially acdc le and x men le, tron was great as well, as was medi evil madness and a few others i cant remember...played attack from mars, but still thought revenge from mars was a much more entertaining package for a third of the price...the color dmd he had on it was good.. 

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2012, 11:54:28 PM »

Played all 4 x machines last night and NONE were levelled correctly. A dollar coin did the trick on X-Men and the felt used on the others were adjusted accordingly.

First timer on Tron & Xmen and I must say, I'm not of fan of Borg's work on these two titles.
Tron only has one good shot and that's the left ramp. Is there a plunger skill shot?...
That left hand side trickle into the sink hole is a bore and the right hand side playfield is a complete waste of real estate space.

Xmen on the other hand, looks clean and fresh with the colours and clear ramps used. Gameplay wasn't too bad, but both machines incorporate the upper flipper to make the ramp shot. Tron was a bitch to master, whereas Xmen had the feel of Lawlor's TAF - shot through the bumpers, looped around & onto that flipper shot up the ramp.

Brett, your not wrong about the weakness of the flippers. Could not make a backhand shot from the right flipper up to the right ramp on Xmen. Oh yeah, the instruction card was NOT English. Wouldn't want GS to find out lol.
SC.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2012, 12:14:19 AM »
yeh, the flippers on all machines there are crap n need rebuilding badly...even X Men Pro which is 6 or 7 weeks old, has been flogged 500 games a day by people who just smash the flippers non stop....its a shame cause I played the game like Rob and Daz did when only a few days old and it was a cracker with snappy flippers...

Tron is a game u like or hate vewry quickly...I personally like the theme, the cabinet, the audio and dot matrix, and this makes the overall package much better..on gameplay alone, I would not buy it, but if u combine all its positives, it just slides into the yes for purchase with me...I think with snappy 2 x flippers and at a home environm,ent, the overall enjoyment would be much better...

X Men Pro I love...the 3rd flipper has lots of shots, n the overall play I love, as do a few others...havent heard many people not like it, but it is to be expected cause we all like different games etc...hopefully you get to play x men more with snappy flippers and maybe u might like it alot more..

thanks for the feedback, cause all feedback is good to hear.

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2012, 12:32:03 AM »
Let you know when I find one on site in Melbourne.

Brett, drove past your neck of the woods yesterday. With yesterday's bleak weather, i took the family for a drive up to Mount Tamborine. Shit myself driving the rental Hyundai i20 car, up the steep 18 degrees roads!!

SC.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2012, 12:35:45 AM »
Let you know when I find one on site in Melbourne.

Brett, drove past your neck of the woods yesterday. With yesterday's bleak weather, i took the family for a drive up to Mount Tamborine. Shit myself driving the rental Hyundai i20 car, up the steep 18 degrees roads!!

most weekends, a motor bike rider flys off the cliff at a 140 klms per hour...and the amount of car write offs are huge per annum..sounds like the hyundai I20 got a good flogging...and they are hard to see out of as well with the A pillar causing a bad blind spot...lucky u got home in that wet slippery weather...not a fun drive even in the dry sunny day..glad u had a good time on the gold coast...come back anytime and I will ring up for sunnier weather.lol

and to think they wanted to put a pinball museum up there !  @.@

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2012, 10:24:58 AM »
Great write up guys it's a shame the games aren't maintained and strange as that site always has the new titles straight away.

Peter

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2012, 12:16:57 PM »
Pete, the ACDC pro had a globe and it's holder, literally hanging over the right orbit, in lieu of a broken plastic from the right ramp.

ps - Can't upload my iPhone pics, due to the file size.
SC.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2012, 12:43:02 PM »
Pete, the ACDC pro had a globe and it's holder, literally hanging over the right orbit, in lieu of a broken plastic from the right ramp.

ps - Can't upload my iPhone pics, due to the file size.

Geez which lamp? You should be able to upload just select small file size. It must be hard being a pinball operator these things have so many small parts that can move/break where as video games just keep on going with any pinball you would have to check weekly, even with home use things break or fall off.

Peter

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2012, 04:11:28 PM »
Gee Timezone Surfers better get there games up to scratch before the AC DC Comp next month  !@)

Are they having 25 pins at this comp? !@#
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2012, 04:23:04 PM »
The snr manager at timezone told me that they do NOT do anything to the pinball machines at all except clean and globe if globes are avail...they do not know how to do flipper kits and they do not have kits onsite to do anything on the pinball machines at all...I gave them no less than 6 x written requests to have all the Stern machines serviced over a 5 month period and they have done nothing...

I gave them Beakys(Andrews) phone number and said he would service them for them and swap probably for some free arcade games for his 2 x young kids, but they still never phoned him after I repeatedly asked...

The only 25 machines going in there to Timezone are from local collectors who are taking them in apparently....

Someone who is in the finals comp, should email Bruce at AMD and tell him to have flipper kits on hand for X Men Pro, Transformers Pro, Tron Pro and AC/DC Pro, otherwise it might just turn out to be humiliating for anyone trying to play a decent pinball game on any of their machines....
To date, Timezone doesnt do the Stern brand any favours at all, because they do  not maintain the pinball machines on any site that I have ever come accross....
.................shame really, cause Timezone could be a much better advertisement for our great hobby of pinball... *%*
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 04:30:33 PM by Caveoftreasures »