Author Topic: P3 Pinball - pre-orders being taken for Lexy Lightspeed  (Read 54059 times)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Thanks for the heads up, sv.  ^^^

Just added my name to the preorder list to support this progressive concept.

The animations look great and the ball physics smooth.

Great to see pinball is evolving. Any pinball company (whether startup or established) that doesn't adhere to this philosophy is inevitably going to become obsolescent.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 03:41:01 PM by pinsanity »

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
OK, the latest video of this system just came out.

Gerry held another play-testing session at his place in Austin, Texas, today. They are gearing up for the Texas Pinball Festival next month.

This latest video shows two P3 machines side-by-side, both running their first game Lexy Lightspeed (remember this is a multi-game system). The machine on the left is the new manufacturing prototype, the one on the right is an older prototype. This is the first video of the new prototype.

The new prototype is basically the last iteration of the system before they go to production. It has many new innovative features which, no doubt, they will demonstrate at the upcoming Expo.

One thing that is apparent from this video however is the improved GI lighting. The GI, backbox and even the P3 logo between the speakers are all RGB lit, and can be adjusted by the owner.

Stick around until the end of the video, as a more experienced player gets on one of the machines and starts making some shots towards the end.

Offline Pinprick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
Multimorphic are about to make all the other manufacturers of pinball look rather pedestrian to say the least.
IMHO they have successfully morphed from where Pin2000 sadly died in the arse & taken the (pin)ball & run with it.
For imagination, innovation, determination and a passionate attitude for the advancement of our game, these guys take the cake.
 $%$ $%$ $%$
"I don't operate on a level playing field"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I am not a fan of it at all. Each to their own.

I would not like it if all of pinball went this way.

In some ways I am very glad Gary Stern and most of his designers are old school.
JJP has made some advancements, but any further than that, and you lose too much of the DNA of what pinball has always been.

Maybe if I play it I might change my mind.
I wonder what others think ?

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Big fan of the concept although I have reservations of too much video. The playfield is too open. I know there are digital targets to hit, but pinball is also about taking risks, and that means targets that can cause ball drains if not hit sweetly. So this system would need physical obstructions in the middle of the pf as well, not just up the top but can't see how this could be done. I can see a good player never losing a ball pretty much with this configuration. Dunno?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 07:38:13 PM by pinball god »
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Also a fan of this concept, but I would only want one in a collection of at least a few pins.

I think games could be well implemented if thought out properly.

Will watch with interest.

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
Big fan of the concept although I have reservations of too much video. The playfield is too open. I know there are digital targets to hit, but pinball is also about taking risks, and that means targets that can cause ball drains if not hit sweetly. So this system would need physical obstructions in the middle of the pf as well, not just up the top but can't see how this could be done. I can see a good player never losing a ball pretty much with this configuration. Dunno?

I've heard a few people say similar things. Gerry Stellenberg (the main designer) has stated in the past that they are working on ways to have more "floating" playfield elements which can be placed in the lower portion of the playfield, such as ramps, pop bumpers and even "reverse" scoops. I think once they accomplish that there may be a lot more interest.

Every part of the machine is modular. Other than the upper playfield, you can also swap out the flippers, the targets down the side of the playfield, the flipper button panels, etc. for different configurations. So there is the flexibility for different games to be physically very different.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Very interesting. That could work
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Multimorphic are about to make all the other manufacturers of pinball look rather pedestrian to say the least.
IMHO they have successfully morphed from where Pin2000 sadly died in the arse & taken the (pin)ball & run with it.
For imagination, innovation, determination and a passionate attitude for the advancement of our game, these guys take the cake.
 $%$ $%$ $%$

+1 Well said.

Competitive innovation is the only aspect that is going to motivate the old dinosaurs like Stern from falling into the tar pits of obsolescence, whilst at the same time still keeping the core aspects of what pinball essentially is in place. I am very much looking forward to seeing one of these machines in the flesh and giving it a test run.

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
To much video for me.  They will need to be careful to not over animate the video, such that ball will get lost in the animation. !@#

All I see is a one foot deep congested pinball playfield and a two foot deep video game.  It will kill the debate about 'photoshop' art Vs hand drawn art:  When the machine is off, there will not be much art to look at.

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
Here's some recent videos of some of the more innovative features:

Offline guyricho

• Forum Posts:
There is so much Innovation in this machine it is crazy.
The features are just fantastic and certainly allows pinball to move forward.
It is really amazing what they are doing here.

Now in saying that, the build Quality looks garbage
It looks like a very clever backyard prototype.
These guys look like they can design and make workable concepts that make the big manufactures look stupid
But every one of those video's could not hide the poor esthetics on the build quality and the attention to small detail.
These guys should be employed as concept designers by the big pinball makers because they would bring pinball to a new level and would blow all our minds with all their ideas of innovation.
But they should not be put on the factory floor building machines because there is no attention to detail on the esthetics.
Speaking frankly the finish is ugly but the Innovation is second to none

It would be a $10grand machine only if it was professionally built but not the way it is atm.
If it was polished off, built by a pro and there was more attention to detail on esthetics it would be an amazing machine. that is the only criticism i have of it.

I especially like that it can be "Fan modified" which will make the machine stay relevant for years and years to come.

Regards Rich
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 03:26:28 PM by guyricho »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I enjoyed your post. Extremely well written Guyricho.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
We will hopefully get a better idea of the build quality of the new prototype at the Texas Pinball festival at the end of the month. Gerry is giving a talk there and I am hoping that he will show everyone the machine inside and out.

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
OK, everyone, prepare to be amazed, a new video from the Multimorphic team just came out. Pinball is evolving again, finally!