Author Topic: Sunday Pinball Questionnaire - part 70 - dendoc  (Read 7940 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Sunday Pinball Questionnaire - part 70 - dendoc
« on: January 20, 2013, 01:26:43 PM »

1. Earliest pinball memory?
2. All time favorite pin? Why?
3. Favorite pinball manufacture?
4. Favorite game in your collection? Why?
5. How long have you been collecting?
6. First game and how did you find it?
7. Do you still have it?
8. What are you currently working on?
9. Most wanted game to add to your collection?
10. Best all time bargain game added to your collection?
11. Worst ever miss – tell us about the one that got away!
12. Worst ever purchase – tell us about the game you wished you never bought
13. Describe your collection
14. Describe your gamesroom
15. Do you have other games other than pinball?
16. Where can you see the hobby in 10 years?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Sunday Pinball Questionnaire - part 70 - dendoc
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 12:39:20 PM »

1. Earliest pinball memory?In Lygon Street in the Late 70's. Cannot remember specific machines, and didn't understand them, but liked the fact multiple people could gather around them and drink/play/compete for minimum money.
2. All time favorite pin? Why?Have to be TZ, because it was my 3rd machine at home, and love getting into the rule set to discover different things. Also helped that I loved the TV series as a kid, that and "Night Stalker"
3. Favorite pinball manufacture?Stern at the moment because they are keeping the dream alive
4. Favorite game in your collection? Why?Purchased AC/DC Premium, and waiting for it to arive. It's like the girl you first spot at a party, but havent had the chance to talk to yet - the anticipation is the best bit (and may be in less trouble with my wife if i caress the machine rather than any girl?)
5. How long have you been collecting? Got my first machine in 1998 - Creature from Black Lagoon
6. First game and how did you find it? Was at a friends house and didn't want it any more, so I agreed to "mind it for him" for 2 years. Gave it back when I moved away though.
7. Do you still have it? See above, but when moved, bought a LW3 from ebay - poor condition but played well
8. What are you currently working on?trying to get my STNG back in working order with Beakys help after my sons moved/dropped it between their house moves. Going to do a LED replacement for TZ after that, then go for NIB machines to I don't stay awake at night wonder what I can do to fix things!
9. Most wanted game to add to your collection?WOZ
10. Best all time bargain game added to your collection?No luck with bargains, seem to pay too much.
11. Worst ever miss – tell us about the one that got away! nothing yet  - impulse buyer so don't miss too much
12. Worst ever purchase – tell us about the game you wished you never bought Bought a golf putting machine once - from Bumper. Nothing wrong with it, just took up too much room and my wife hated it and me until I had it taken away. Used to tilt to make the puts harder. Don't know what I was thinking. Made room for another pinball when I got rid of it though
13. Describe your collection TZ, STNG, Simpson PP, AC/DC (pending) WOZ ( most likely - have to talk wife into it), a cocktail sit down MAME emulator machine, a playboy pachinco, star trek pachillo
14. Describe your gamesroom Nothing special, just a weird open room just inside the front door. Good becuase it's so open it doesn't get hot, and always beckons.15. Do you have other games other than pinball? see above
16. Where can you see the hobby in 10 years? I think the younger generation will embrace it, and it will make a comeback. love to see someone open a retro lounge/bar, with tapas, cocktails so you could play some games, chat and appreciate the games in a social environment. My kids love playing the machines with me, more than their Xbox or Wii, so hope they will drive the deveolopers to keep making them, rather than pokies.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 12:50:23 PM »
Great stuff, but the yellow writing is a real PITA to read  :lol

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 12:53:28 PM »

Thanks for sharing that, interesting stuff, and nice collection you have there.

By the way, I had to highlight the text in my browser to read it as the yellow is too light, not sure if others will have the same issue, maybe change the colour??
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline dendoc

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 12:59:31 PM »
Sorry about the color. I though yellow would look better on black, but of course, it's no maroon in the forum! this is probably no better, just being evil now !*!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 01:10:56 PM »
Ah yes - Lygon St. Before the arcades, there was Lygon St, and this is where my fondest memories of the "old days" is. EMs, Bally Bingos, soccer tables and billiard tables. Out the back, the card tables.

Great read - thanks for sharing!
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 01:26:42 PM »
Cheers for taking the time to do this good read, another CFTBL owner good stuff I need it get one back.

Peter

Offline dendoc

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 01:33:35 PM »
Ah yes - Lygon St. Before the arcades, there was Lygon St, and this is where my fondest memories of the "old days" is. EMs, Bally Bingos, soccer tables and billiard tables. Out the back, the card tables.

Great read - thanks for sharing!

They were always a little scary those card tables out the back. Never welcoming glances if you stumbles into the room looking for more games.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 07:55:53 PM »
Sorry about the color. I though yellow would look better on black, but of course, it's no maroon in the forum! this is probably no better, just being evil now !*!

Not everyone uses the standard settings with the black background, you can easily change them in settings and I'd imagine most of the longer members reset the colours to match the original forum colours before the updated version, at least I did, but that's ok mate  :lol

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 08:42:49 PM »
Thanks for sharing yuor story .. you are lucky to have had a pinball in your house so long ago, even if it was 'borrowed' and a great game too . Doubt mine will be going anywhere
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline dendoc

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 11:31:55 AM »

Not everyone uses the standard settings with the black background, you can easily change them in settings and I'd imagine most of the longer members reset the colours to match the original forum colours before the updated version, at least I did, but that's ok mate  :lol

always keen to learn new tricks

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 12:15:03 PM »
Great read, thanks for sharing  ^^^

Good to see the Pinball Questionnaire making a bit of a comeback!!

Offline ralph67

• Forum Posts:
  • Stoneville
    • ralph1967@optusnet.com.au
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 04:03:50 AM »
Great stuff, but the yellow writing is a real PITA to read  :lol
+1 My Eyes Hurt now!!!
One-Ball!