Author Topic: Knocker Coil Issue  (Read 3644 times)

Offline Brettski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
  • Since I Was A Young Boy I Played The Silver Ball!
    • Strikes and Spares Restoration
Re: Knocker Coil Issue
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2016, 07:51:15 PM »
I contacted Pascal at FLIPP regarding the board and he said what Slash said above, it is the tran at Q1 for the knocker coil.
As you will see by the attached picture it really is that transistor, the big hole in it gives it away! ;)

Interesting thing is I was getting a second coil warning which I thought I detected by disconnecting the wires to the left slingshot coil.
Pascal informs me that the slingshot coils are not CPU controlled and fire directly from the switch which makes this problem interesting, the problem I have now is that the displays have failed and unable to go any further until they are fixed. it seems there is a short in one of the displays. Trick here is the fuse on the board has done it's job and blown and I have One spare! to test the displays by disconnecting them and trying them one by one, good-bye spare fuse!

I will order some spare fuses and extra transistors and diodes from Pascal then I can move forward and check whats going on with the coil warnings etc. Euro and Shipping is a bit hexy but got to do what you got to do and so close now! :)

Cheers: Brettski... :)