Author Topic: my thoughts on ACDC pinball  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: my thoughts on ACDC pinball
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2012, 10:05:35 PM »
Swinksy raises a good point. If u cant operate a AC/DC music pinball machine at a aussie pub and make a dollar, what will make money at a pub unless its located so the kids can play whilst mum n dad get sloshed.  I can see why Simpsons etc make money, kids play them like we used to play space invaders whilst the parents drank lots.lol

About the Germans, they build great cars and great everything really. Amazing they dont build great pinball machines.lol

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2012, 10:05:52 PM »
I do not think that the bulk of the world population cares much about pinball. We are an elite group of collectors who represent only a drop in the ocean of 7 billion people. It does not matter who is right or wrong, be happy and play what you like. There are no dictators now pushing you to buy or play (like back in the 30s and 40s).

Just remember one thing, the Pinball Wizard played by intuition as he was deaf and blind, but he beat them all. He did not care if the cannon blocked the outline view or whether Angus had a pretty backside on match point.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2012, 10:08:45 PM »

in my day I'd drink until I couldn't feel my legs and then playing pinball was no problems.....I think....I can't remember to be honest....in fact I can't remember 1980 at all....hmmmm, where did I leave those brain cells again, the Argyle hotel Geelong me thinks

:lol had a few too many last Saturday night at that very venue  :lol (Called Irish Murphy's at the moment. Still has the barrels that were there in 1992 while we drank ourselves silly celebrating Geelong's loss and my wife's reputation was made by dancing on those barrells.....)

Back on topic -

AC/DC is great!!
AC/DC sucks!!!
Steve Ritchie is King!!

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2012, 10:13:31 PM »
might have to master SOF first   :lol

I might, at least its enjoyable to play lol

We get it you don't like it :-)

Peter

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2012, 10:20:46 PM »
I do not think that the bulk of the world population cares much about pinball. We are an elite group of collectors who represent only a drop in the ocean of 7 billion people. It does not matter who is right or wrong, be happy and play what you like. There are no dictators now pushing you to buy or play (like back in the 30s and 40s).

Just remember one thing, the Pinball Wizard played by intuition as he was deaf and blind, but he beat them all. He did not care if the cannon blocked the outline view or whether Angus had a pretty backside on match point.

Well said :-)

Peter

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2012, 10:23:41 PM »

thats awesome man, you must walk around and have people asking for your signature being a great pinball player and all, lol.
I guess you need something to keep you going?

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2012, 10:34:57 PM »

We're back to my old days again are we.  %.% Not only did the booze help with the legs but I too became deaf, dumb and blind for many hours and in the morning was sorry, sore and sick for the rest of the day. Then I didn't feel much like a pinball wizard  @.@
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2012, 10:41:19 PM »
thats awesome man, you must walk around and have people asking for your signature being a great pinball player and all, lol.I guess you need something to keep you going?

Wow, I was blind but now I see! Hope my playing skills have not deteriorated as a result.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2012, 10:50:37 PM »
thats awesome man, you must walk around and have people asking for your signature being a great pinball player and all, lol.I guess you need something to keep you going?

Wow, I was blind but now I see! Hope my playing skills have not deteriorated as a result.

no but your ego could do with some deterioration. i can fix that for you if you like?

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2012, 10:55:28 PM »
Wow this thread turned to shit HAHAHA

If u get a chance to play a premium have a go the swinging bell smashes the ball back at the flippers real fast and the canon is better when your actually knocking down drop targets also the ramp across the playfield from the two ramps is cool.

Lower playfield is shit I avoid it at all costs.

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2012, 11:12:13 PM »
no but your ego could do with some deterioration. i can fix that for you if you like?

Sorry, Steve beat you to it.
When he says "play better!" or "you need some ball skills", I grin and bear it.
I hate some balls on AC/DC but I love the game.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2012, 11:28:16 PM »
GOLD! Thanks for the laughs guys, now hurry up with that popcorn smily already  :lol

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2012, 11:38:43 PM »
I dont give a shit what all the naysayers think of ac dc!

Its a Stern steve richie  classic

To give an honest opinion you need to turn the volume up over 40 & have more than 10  games on it

No way is this pin boring

:D
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2012, 11:42:26 PM »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2012, 12:36:59 AM »

Back on topic folks..  *%*

I have no problem with the idea that the AC/DC is the best pinball Stern have released for 20 years. I believe that to be true. It might not be the best PLAYER, but it is a theme that worked WELL. Rolling Stones was a good theme, but a crap player.

AC/DC is not as good a player as the high end Bally Williams. It is nowhere near a Circus Voltaire or Stared Stiff. Having said that, I think Medieval Madness and Cactus Canyon's are over hyped and average players.

It is all about opinions. AC/DC is a cool game, and may have saved Stern. But Stern now have to keep releasing pins of this standard, or they will drop off again. No more Rolling Stones or Big Buck Hunters. It is easy to create such a good pinball - now they have to maintain the standard. This is what Stern historically have not been good at.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia