Author Topic: Williams Hot Tip (EM)  (Read 3945 times)

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Re: Williams Hot Tip (EM)
« on: November 17, 2013, 07:58:54 PM »
I'm not at home at the moment, but have been backwards to the pinball machine all afternoon. It's been daunting, but things start becoming clearer after I read things a few times and activating the relays by hand to see what things do.

Retropin, I went through your list, but still no Eureka moments. From memory, I need clarification on a few things and will post a diagram later to see if your descriptions are the same things I'm working on. I got a bit of light sandpaper and gave the start button switch a light sand, but it didn't make a difference. Also wondering if this is ok to use or should I be cleaning the contacts another way?

Haha the technical world of EM indeed. Another time where I've thought to myself "do I need the stress of someone else's machine?" Hopefully I don't have to ring the guy up and say it's in the too hard basket....

Coin switches seemed ok from memory, but when I was checking them last night, I accidentally had one switch locked on and the motor kept turning until I realised the switch was pressed on.

Still wondering about that start button. The credit unit turns fine when the coin door switches are activated, but if I start a game manually with one of the relays, the ball does not kick out. I can play a game if I flick the ball out with my finger, but the ball trough doesn't detect the ball when it drains. The score reels don't move at all during this time, but the playfield lighting changes to indicate scoring has changed. As I said previously, no chimes either.

Finally, are there any specific safety warnings for working on these machines? If I'm activating relays with the power on and playfield up, I only touch the plastic and one hand in my pocket. I got a zap when I tried to remove a jones plug this morning with the machine turned off, but power still turned on at the wall.

Cheers!
Adam.