Author Topic: Ghost Busters - 2016 - would you get it  (Read 56246 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Ghost Busters - 2016 - would you get it
« Reply #510 on: May 06, 2016, 01:02:26 PM »
Only the Americans have a talent for ruining a good video by talking all the way through it and by acting like teenagers. Lol when they are grown men.
Then they react and comment to the weird comments that people are typing and it makes it even more disjointed.
But the machine does look good not withstanding the weirdness of the way they do their videos.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #511 on: May 06, 2016, 01:12:09 PM »
Here is this mornings stream of GB LE.  The magnetic kickers look good to me.

https://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip/v/64587350

I haven't watch it yet but read that at the 32 minutes and 59 minutes is all the magnetic ball action

For the much touted magnaslings, there isn't a lot of ball physics action near the flippers. Much less than traditional slingshots. Many times you see the ball just roll past the slings and no response at all from the slings. On a traditional pair of slings the switches would have at least been triggered and the slingshot fire.

Still should have had them in conjunction with traditional slingshots and only operating during certain modes. If you are paying a premium price a standard feature should be in addition to, not in lieu of.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 01:16:27 PM by pinsanity »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #512 on: May 06, 2016, 01:23:03 PM »
I agree with you on this one.
Early days, more video & more time & we might see how they were intended to be used ?

Does anyone know how many LE machines were sold down under.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #513 on: May 06, 2016, 02:40:05 PM »
some cool effects but not wowed but my excitement on the game has dropped a lot for some reason.

The magna slings only has one switch as opposed to 2 so a glancing hit at the top or bottom of that face won't trigger the magna slings so relies on the centre placed switch and it's setting of sensitivity.

Asked Bruce if the games coming over will have the insert spelling mistake and he was unaware of it, as a few Canadians and US are finding that production games have the mistake but was suppose to be only on the proto. Bruce checked their air freighted game and it has the mistake so now firing Gary a message to make sure the ones coming don't have the mistake.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #514 on: May 06, 2016, 02:40:45 PM »
Only the Americans have a talent for ruining a good video by talking all the way through it and by acting like teenagers. Lol when they are grown men.
Then they react and comment to the weird comments that people are typing and it makes it even more disjointed.
But the machine does look good not withstanding the weirdness of the way they do their videos.

yes Jack Danger is very over the top but Jody really annoys the crap out of me and he is the head of Marketing  !@#.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #515 on: May 06, 2016, 07:33:12 PM »
Jack is VERY good for pinball to the new up coming crew as he is very much liked and followed by many across the generations. I actually like watching his videos and streaming  #@#
Lets face it, who is would do streaming of many different games constantly? I am not sure of many if any.
But I am different to the norm  :2cents:
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #516 on: May 06, 2016, 08:03:30 PM »
Jack is VERY good for pinball to the new up coming crew as he is very much liked and followed by many across the generations. I actually like watching his videos and streaming  #@#
Lets face it, who is would do streaming of many different games constantly? I am not sure of many if any.
But I am different to the norm  :2cents:

I agree mate, Tommy from this flippin podcast does some good ones but not as many as Jack

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #517 on: May 06, 2016, 10:17:58 PM »
some cool effects but not wowed but my excitement on the game has dropped a lot for some reason.

The magna slings only has one switch as opposed to 2 so a glancing hit at the top or bottom of that face won't trigger the magna slings so relies on the centre placed switch and it's setting of sensitivity.

Asked Bruce if the games coming over will have the insert spelling mistake and he was unaware of it, as a few Canadians and US are finding that production games have the mistake but was suppose to be only on the proto. Bruce checked their air freighted game and it has the mistake so now firing Gary a message to make sure the ones coming don't have the mistake.

If u have ordered a game Swinksy, there are going to be days where your excitement goes up and down so that is the norm and don't let the little things like a insert spelling issue or something else small worry you.
Unless you look at the glass half full versus the glass half empty with these pinball machines, you will never be happy.

Because you have an engineers mind, u can't help but to look at these games with a magnifying glass so to speak but when u look at them with this hat on, you always find things that you want to change.
Sometimes it's best just to play them without studying them if u know what I mean.

I am hoping the Stern unboxing videos make a return to this forum with Ghost Busters.
The best un boxing videos were always Petes (Gorgar) from Vic.
It would also be good if a member does a video and some high def photos of a LE. The cabinet looks stunning.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 10:19:47 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #518 on: May 06, 2016, 11:12:00 PM »

If u have ordered a game Swinksy, there are going to be days where your excitement goes up and down so that is the norm and don't let the little things like a insert spelling issue or something else small worry you.
Unless you look at the glass half full versus the glass half empty with these pinball machines, you will never be happy.

Because you have an engineers mind, u can't help but to look at these games with a magnifying glass so to speak but when u look at them with this hat on, you always find things that you want to change.
Sometimes it's best just to play them without studying them if u know what I mean.

I am hoping the Stern unboxing videos make a return to this forum with Ghost Busters.
It would also be good if a member does a video and some high def photos of a LE. The cabinet looks stunning.

sorry cavey, but you don't know what you are talking about, got nothing to do with my engineers mind or a half empty glass, it's bullshit what you come up with sometimes ...............

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #519 on: May 06, 2016, 11:50:38 PM »
Unplanned LE.
If I was ordering one, I would be asking for a machine WITH the spelling error.  Presuming this game has a huge run, the spelling errors we'll be in a minority of them, making the unique.  Kind off an unplanned LE, with there own story to tell, and perhaps laugh at.

Slings:
I wondered why slings have two switches, then realised that it's only because the kicker is in the middle.  It may have been that Stern saw it as simple as that by using the opertunity of putting in only one switch with no kicker taking up the middle position.  They probably didn't realise it would affect the sensitivity of ball detection.

There may be an opportunity for a mod here.  Tap of two extra switches and surface mount them.  Perhaps even add an optical sensor that sees the rubber move.  Or maybe a simple bending of the switch leaves will be good enough.

Offline JohnBryce0712

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #520 on: May 06, 2016, 11:59:48 PM »
There's 2 le's coming to Newcastle that I know of

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #521 on: May 07, 2016, 12:28:34 AM »

sorry cavey, but you don't know what you are talking about, got nothing to do with my engineers mind or a half empty glass, it's bullshit what you come up with sometimes ...............

You obviously & completely had a lost in translation moment on this post.
I was trying to be nice & relate that I could relate to your trepidation but you took my comments completely out of context.
I won't bother in the future because you run hot & cold and that certainly isn't bullshit. Lol

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #522 on: May 07, 2016, 12:29:40 AM »
There's 2 le's coming to Newcastle that I know of

Thank you for the positive post.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #523 on: May 07, 2016, 02:06:46 AM »

Only sometimes?

Unplanned LE.
If I was ordering one, I would be asking for a machine WITH the spelling error.  Presuming this game has a huge run, the spelling errors we'll be in a minority of them, making the unique.  Kind off an unplanned LE, with there own story to tell, and perhaps laugh at.

Or we could have the same outcome as with Spiderman's "you ooze, you loose" which was never fixed from multiple runs.

It started out as a joke, but by about the third production run, most had given up on the error being corrected.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 02:25:46 AM by pinsanity »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #524 on: May 07, 2016, 03:35:19 AM »
I studied the Ghost Busters Pro flyer tonight & came up with a simple mod that I think I will definitely add to the
GHost Busters Pro game,

Instead of the fitted white flipper bats, I thought bright green flipper bats the same colour as the bright slimer monster toy and then add white super band rubbers on the green bats. This would look so much better IMO than the std boring white bats. White rubbers would need a clean periodically but bands are cheap n easy to change.
Even green bats with purple rubbers would work well. If u have a look at page 2 of the Pro flyer, on the bottom right the picture of the slimer monster is there. He is bright green with a purple tounge. So purple bands to match his tounge would match if set against bright green bats.

You could also play around with purple or yellow bats but the green ties in nicely with the slimer toy.

Also on the Pro, you could easily add some splashes of bright green powder coating to the black metalwork side rails and lockdown bar making it look like the slimer has left a trail on them. A simple and nice way to customise and dress up your Pro model & make the machine unique. Same for black legs. A splash of slimer green.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 03:43:31 AM by Caveoftreasures »