Author Topic: New member - Beaky  (Read 5170 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Re: New member - Beaky
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2009, 04:50:30 PM »
Hi MM.

Sorry about the bidding fight but I have been looking for one of these for about 5 years and i thought mark had 2 when I saw the aution and the buy it now listings.
Unfortunately pins go for a lot more up here from dealers, i.e a highspeed is selling for $2950 and a pinbot for $2500.
Sorry to say I have no intentions of ever selling the SOF but I will keep my eye out for one for you but I can't see me finding one under $3000 up here + the freight cost down to Vic.
I will still have to drive to Brisbane to pickup the sof when it gets here so I still have the cost of fuel and trailer hire to add to the cost of this machine + the insert decals I have ordered which are coming from the U.S. so this pin will cost me around $2450 after I add all the expenses together.But I must admit the freight and packing cost that mark is charging me are quite cheap compared to other people who are sending there pins via freight.
The only reason why I bought this one from vic is because of the work mark has done on it i.e. new rubbers, lamps polishing and novus on the playfield + the rest of the stuff he did.
Before the decals go on i will strip the playfield then put the decals on and rewax the playfield so the decals have a coat of wax over them + i wll repaint the black areas under the slingshots and where or if needed and clear inject any bubbles left on the playfield. from what i could see from the photos  most of the bubbles where on the inserts which will be gone after i put on the new decals.Even the wear on the playfield in the titans tunnel will be covered by the decals.
If I ever do decide to sell it (which I doubt) and you haven't got one you will have first choice.
And if your ever up here on the gold coast let me know and you will be most welcome to play it.
Anyway nice to chat to you.
Beaky.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 05:01:07 AM by Beaky »
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)