Author Topic: AC/DC pinball  (Read 15492 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: AC/DC pinball
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2012, 11:04:07 PM »

I've spent some time looking at various pictures of the game, and I think the playfield design and tie in with the band is great. The similarities between T2 and this game look to be more than a coincidence. T2 is a great player, and so will this pinball. I would have preferred drop targets instead of spot targets. But that's only s minor change - I think it is great as it is - and well done to the design team.

The art team have failed this machine. I cannot look past the "Angus" in the center of the playfield. A couple of AC / DC fans I know commented that they agreed with me - it looks like it was drawn by a child - really poorly ! In fact, one made the comment that interested me - "There is no way the band would authorize such rubbish".

Looking at other band pinballs - KISS, Dolly Parton, Rolling Stones (Bally, not the Stern), Nugent and Gunners - the artwork is SO much better. So in 30 years, Stern can't even equal Bally's art packages of the 70's ?
I would have to say the AC/DC fans you have been talking to obviously dont know what there talking about ,the Angus head was drawn  back in 1979 under the art direction of Bob Defrin and is on the cover of the Highway to Hell album which I think is pretty fitting for the pinball as this was Bon Scotts last recorded album with the band

well there you go, good info. i dig the machine i recon it looks good, i wish they didnt border the head however and blended it in but still i like the machine, i reco nthe more beat up and used the machine gets the better it will look, thats my opinion on this machine and my mates agree, who dont own pinballs but do play them at my house and at the pub or when ever they see one. this aint a house machine this looks like a pin made to be sited. thats good imo

the more beat up the better it will look...wtf..unless you just want to see wood instead of the crappy artwork..maybe that would be better....lol...I will buy one and trash it and sell it to you I reckon...too funny.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"