Author Topic: Gary Stern talks Transformers Home Pin  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Gary Stern talks Transformers Home Pin
« on: January 26, 2013, 06:40:43 PM »
The vast majority of brand new people to pinball, who have never seen one before, wont even know about a reconditioned pinball, or a reco fishtales etc, so brand new is the only way for them to go if they see a new pinball on display.

If they walk into a large sales depot style place in the USA and see these new home Pin pinballs there being set up and played, its great news if they take one home and start their collections. Also, if its going to be purchased for children, or the whole family, they will have peace of mind knowing the kids or anyone wont be getting electrocuted by some USA hack technician who didnt due a job properly on a 20 yr old fishtales etc, so these pinball machines are very important to get new people into the pinball hobby IMO.

Plenty of people in the USA with money to spend. Also, it cant be a toy if it has the same commercial  flipper kits, coils and all hardware a Pro Stern has etc. Except for the different displays etc, its the same machine hardware wise according to the videos except a little shorter etc.
I think anything to expand new pinball sales is a great idea. Well done Stern.

There is no "spin" that can save this contraption. Customers that walk into Home depot etc, don't have a loose $3000 - $4000 to spend on luxuries in today's economy (over there). It just won't happen. A big "if" someone was stupid enough to spend a huge amount of money on a toy, then they would have already done their homework, and made the wiser decision. I think a consumer would be a lot more worried about a 110V toy than a well built "real" pinball machine. This toy looks cumbersome, and I think if someone sneezed hard enough near it, it would fall over is so badly designed.

"Plenty of people in the USA with money to spend" - Do you not watch the news mate  !@#  #@#. The fiscal cliff nearly threw the entire country into a recession late last year !

Stern spend way too much time going backwards with ideas like this. I wonder if the sales for this toy are in double figures yet ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia