Author Topic: Gary Stern talks Transformers Home Pin  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Gary Stern talks Transformers Home Pin
« on: January 26, 2013, 08:51:44 PM »
There is no spin. America has apx 400 million people in it from memory, if he sells a few hundred or a few thousand worldwide he will be happy.

Not everyone is broke, and there are alot of people with lots of cash to spend, both here and in the USA.

Its got the same commercial hardware as a normal Stern. Whats wrong with something new for pinball to get new people involved. Some people only buy brand new, this product caters for it. There is certainly no harm in Stern trying a new product.

If the industry didnt try new ideas, we would be back when pinballs had no flippers.

Oh there is spin on this contraction mate - Stern can't promote this as anything else but a toy. It is what it is. No one can claim this is anywhere near a real pinball. It is a Zizzle with a massive price tag. Customers that want toys will buy Zizzle before a Pin at 25% of the price. Do you seriously think Stern will sell a few thousand ? They could be "over the moon" to sell in the hundreds. Pinball people are not that stupid. I can't see any local stern distributes even looking at these as novelty. As I said, it is not new - it is an idea taken from Zizzle. No innovation here. When it beaks down, what do you do ? Fold it up and send it in a postpack ?

I have a bee in my bonnet over this toy. It is further proof that Stern don't know their customer base. Maybe they are starting to realize that their future market is the home market - which Stern have ignored for years. But to "solve" that "demand" they release the leftovers of production games and set the prices higher than a quality second hand real pinball.

I want pinball to survive and thrive, and it frustrates the hell out of me that Stern release junk like "Pin".

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia