Author Topic: One punch can kill...time to ban ufc  (Read 3485 times)

Offline BuzzMoo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: One punch can kill...time to ban ufc
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2014, 04:34:17 PM »
I tend to think a lot of the responsibility here lies with the parents... bored, unloved and un-attended boys that are growing up in a space that has normalised violence instead of love. We come from a warrior (spartan) culture that celebrates battle and winning battles through strength and agression. Banning UFC won't change a thing (I can't stand it, but have plenty of friends who like it) because, as someone pointed out, it's more of a reflection of our society than a driver of behaviour. Same reason why the "ban violent video games" argument doesn't make sense.

To think that parents are more comfortable allowing their teens to watch glamourised violence in the evenings rather than something sex/love related doesn't make sense to me.

I remember ages ago, as a kid sleeping over at a friend's place.. we were watching Arnie's True Lies.. The scene came on where the girl does a strip tease (I forget why..) and by this point dozens of people had been shot to death, blown up or stabbed- murdered, really, but the strip tease was the first time during the movie his mum tried to get us to look the other way. It's fine to watch murder, mayhem, death and not good to watch sex/love/life. There's part of your problem right there.